ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball 2020- '21

Go to virtual class, go to practice and workouts then go to your dorm. Failure to comply will lead to loss of scholarship and get the NCAA to put some teeth behind it.

Go to virtual class, go to practice and workouts then go to your dorm. Failure to comply will lead to loss of scholarship and get the NCAA to put some teeth behind it.
Easier said than done for college students. If the NCAA implemented this then a large percentage of their free labor would be out and that's not good for business.

Easier said than done for college students. If the NCAA implemented this then a large percentage of their free labor would be out and that's not good for business.
That's why I said have the NCAA put teeth into it.

Transfer rules? I get it and I get the argument.

Compensation for using a talent/bio, down to the facial hair, especially for digital entertainment companies (the who O'Bannon legal debate), sell tickets, media, etc ? I get it. Pay them their fair compensation.

Had to go to that "restaurant" (formerly known as Betty's brew House before she bought a Target microwave and now "serves food" and now calls it bistro) to have a meet up during a world wide, one for the human history books, global pandemic? Uh, we need to work this out. College is not just hitting the books, it is learning to be responsible as well. Otherwise, what's the point?

Reactions: picks up
That's why I said have the NCAA put teeth into it.

Transfer rules? I get it and I get the argument.

Compensation for using a talent/bio, down to the facial hair, especially for digital entertainment companies (the who O'Bannon legal debate), sell tickets, media, etc ? I get it. Pay them their fair compensation.

Had to go to that "restaurant" (formerly known as Betty's brew House before she bought a Target microwave and now "serves food" and now calls it bistro) to have a meet up during a world wide, one for the human history books, global pandemic? Uh, we need to work this out. College is not just hitting the books, it is learning to be responsible as well. Otherwise, what's the point?
I hear you but I don't see the NCAA putting teeth into it. The NCAA has been giving up power little by little over the years and even more so in recent years. The players and the P5 universities have now realized that the power is in their hands; P5 have already threatened to leave the NCAA. I don't think that the NCAA would want to jeopardize a cash cow or the little power they have left by implementing that rule. Just my opinion though.

I hear you but I don't see the NCAA putting teeth into it. The NCAA has been giving up power little by little over the years and even more so in recent years. The players and the P5 universities have now realized that the power is in their hands; P5 have already threatened to leave the NCAA. I don't think that the NCAA would want to jeopardize a cash cow or the little power they have left by implementing that rule. Just my opinion though.
I agree. I need to get off my high horse. Get it? High horse?
5fd.png

"The NCAA made the right call. Unfair? Unbelievable we are 2-1 in our last three games" said a 2-16 ACC coach on his 5 seed in 21-22 tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT