ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball 2020- '21

Ummmmmm, other than the Beavers, do we just pretend the other PAC XII teams don't exist or just give Baylor, Houston or Gonzaga the trophy? Arkansas is a tough team and beat an extremely pesky ORU team.

Reactions: Rocketsr

It would be nice to at least win one of these.
tenor.gif

Yes, and they did it with a coach that gets paid nearly half as much, and with a team loaded with under recruited guys from Texas. Maybe Senter can intern with the La Tech AD over the summer :confused:
I agree with what youre saying but he might come back with the reaffirmed idea that it takes 6 years to reach the first NIT.

Reactions: Lil_Train
So McCasland has won a CBI championship, a CUSA regular season title, a conference tournament title, a conference coach of the year award, a NCAA Tournament game and will still make a base salary of 200k less than Terry. He probably would have made a post season last year too.

Senter has to be the worst negotiator out of all the ADs in the country.

So McCasland has won a CBI championship, a CUSA regular season title, a conference tournament title, a conference coach of the year award, a NCAA Tournament game and will still make a base salary of 200k less than Terry. He probably would have made a post season last year too.

Senter has to be the worst negotiator out of all the ADs in the country.

Not only is he a very poor negotiator, but a terrible evaluator of talent. Dimel and Terry should be making half of what Senter is paying them. Everyone in that athletic department is mediocre and overpaid except for the women’s basketball coach. The athletic department needs to be burned to ground again.

Not only is he a very poor negotiator, but a terrible evaluator of talent. Dimel and Terry should be making half of what Senter is paying them. Everyone in that athletic department is mediocre and overpaid except for the women’s basketball coach. The athletic department needs to be burned to ground again.
It's still too early for day drinking. Ugh.

I guess they leave out the part that when he left OU, they had to sit through a 3 year probation because of him, and then at Indiana he did the same thing and was banned from off campus recruiting and calls. He did not care obviously and did it again where Indiana was hit with a 3 year probation as well. It was so serious that he was given a show cause and was banned for 5 years from coaching until 2014 where he was hired at Houston.

Do not be surprised that Houston gets investigated and gets nailed for violations relating to Sampson. He is a win at all costs coach, and does not care what happens to the school as long as he wins.

Now, would I care if he was at UTEP? No. 😁

I guess they leave out the part that when he left OU, they had to sit through a 3 year probation because of him, and then at Indiana he did the same thing and was banned from off campus recruiting and calls. He did not care obviously and did it again where Indiana was hit with a 3 year probation as well. It was so serious that he was given a show cause and was banned for 5 years from coaching until 2014 where he was hired at Houston.

Do not be surprised that Houston gets investigated and gets nailed for violations relating to Sampson. He is a win at all costs coach, and does not care what happens to the school as long as he wins.

Now, would I care if he was at UTEP? No. 😁

It was in another thread, but his son is an assistant coach and will probably take over when Kelvin is done. So why would he blow his son’s career and get him in trouble?

Reactions: MineroFanatico
It was in another thread, but his son is an assistant coach and will probably take over when Kelvin is done. So why would he blow his son’s career and get him in trouble?
I don't know the answer to that, but as you know better than most on here, why do people do stupid things in the first place? If we could answer that question, we would know why he kept doing it at Indiana even after getting caught.

I hope you are right, but do you think the son is a great coach? I don't know too many sons that have lived up to their fathers reputation. Is he really the next one up? OU did not have Lon Kruger's son coach them after he retired.

I don't know the answer to that, but as you know better than most on here, why do people do stupid things in the first place? If we could answer that question, we would know why he kept doing it at Indiana even after getting caught.

I hope you are right, but do you think the son is a great coach? I don't know too many sons that have lived up to their fathers reputation. Is he really the next one up? OU did not have Lon Kruger's son coach them after he retired.

People do stupid things because they think they can get away with it. Usually people are better after getting their livelihoods taken away. I don’t think he would want to hurt his son after all this. We could be wrong, but who knows.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Will Wade at LSU and his FBI investigation.

But he sure as hell had LSU in the tourney and in the 2nd round.

Good for him. I think he has the potential to turn Texas into a basketball powerhouse.

Not really. He will make good bank and if he doesn’t succeed, he can always go to a CUSA, SBC, or other mid major school and live a comfortable life.

It could be a huge mistake. I guarantee you Billy Gillispie regret going to Kentucky everyday. If he stays in College Station he wins a championship and becomes a legend. Now he's a disgraced coach who's become a cautionary tale finishing his career out of the spotlight in the WAC.

It could be a huge mistake. I guarantee you Billy Gillispie regret going to Kentucky everyday. If he stays in College Station he wins a championship and becomes a legend. Now he's a disgraced coach who's become a cautionary tale finishing his career out of the spotlight in the WAC.

Texas isn’t Kentucky though. I bet he doesn’t. I bet he regrets his stint at Texas Tech and they way he allegedly treated players.

He wanted to come here after Barbee left. Too bad the dumb boosters wanted Floyd instead.

He is going somewhere. Tech, OU, etc. I dont see him staying
The opportunities to move up will be there. I've heard from UNT fans that he has family or ties to the Metroplex area. That's the main reason he left Arkansas St for Denton.

I could see him staying put until the TCU or SMU job opens up.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT