ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball 2020- '21

"[Put a top CUSA players name here] is a top recruit transferring to [CUSA school name here] and should help them be tops in CUSA".

[NCAA Committee] "One bid". 13th or lower seed (and it's not ODU, WKU or La Tech).

"[Put a top CUSA players name here] is a top recruit transferring to [CUSA school name here] and should help them be tops in CUSA".

[NCAA Committee] "One bid". 13th or lower seed (and it's not ODU, WKU or La Tech).
So a CUSA player can transfer to another CUSA school? Does CUSA not have an Intraconference transfer rule? Or did you mean a transfer from a non CUSA school transferring here makes a CUSA school an immediate contender, according to some analyst?

Last edited:
I dont see any reason why he would go to UT from Tech.

Hopefully it doesn't involve Cronin since he was on ESPN this morning complaining about how the G-league stole away one of his signed players before the season.

"Utah has hired Utah State's Craig Smith as its next head basketball coach, the school announced Saturday.
"Craig Smith brings incredible energy and passion, and a proven record of success," Utah athletic director Mark Harlan said in a statement. "I'm thrilled to have him lead our men's basketball program, and look forward to our student-athletes experiencing his incredible work ethic, dedication to being a teacher of the game, and his ability to relate with his players and help them achieve their greatest potential."
Smith, 48, has been at Utah State for three seasons, leading the Aggies to two NCAA tournaments and three top-two finishes in the Mountain West Conference. It would have been three NCAA tournament appearances, but the pandemic canceled the 2020 tournament after Utah State had won the Mountain West tournament.
The Aggies earned an 11-seed in this year's NCAA tournament after making a run to the conference tournament title game. They lost to Texas Tech in the first round.
"My family and I are thrilled to join the University of Utah and the community of Salt Lake City," Smith said in a statement. "... This program has a rich tradition of excellence in the history of college basketball. Our facilities are state-of-the-art and first-class in every way. Our fan base has tremendous energy, knowledge and passion. We can't wait to pack the Huntsman Center, feed off the energy of The MUSS and bring a consistent winner back to the U!"
Smith also spent four seasons as the head coach at South Dakota, winning 48 games in his final two years with the Coyotes. He also won a Summit League regular-season title in 2017.
Utah had discussions with two NBA assistant coaches who played at Utah, sources told ESPN: Utah Jazz assistant Alex Jensen and New York Knicks assistant Johnnie Bryant. But both opted to stay in the NBA.
Smith replaces Larry Krystkowiak, who was fired earlier this month after 10 seasons with the Utes."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...smith-expected-take-job-utah-utes-sources-say

Reactions: axingfools1
I don't think Beard is leaving Lubbock.
I tend to agree with you. He accepted the UNLV job but before the season started, he jumped ship to Tech because it was supposedly his dream job. He is making 4.7 million a year at Tech, and Smart was only making 3.2 at Texas. It is not like the guy is underpaid as I believe only Calipari and Coach K are paid more.

If he leaves I think it's because Austin is a much better city than Lubbock. It won't have anything to do with basketball stuff such as salary or nicer facilities.

If he leaves I think it's because Austin is a much better city than Lubbock. It won't have anything to do with basketball stuff such as salary or nicer facilities.
He’s a “west” Texas type of guy so he may disagree.

[Lubbock boos

[Rodney Terry] "Dangnabbit! That was supposed to be me!":rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT