ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball News 2021- '22

Covid. Kind of still a big deal. UNT is playing their best conference basketball in years and only 3,800 to see a well coached team?

People just have to want to attend Miners games. They are not attending because they don't want to be there.

Did you go to college? If you did, did you have to work?

Your comment is ludicrous because even if I wanted to attend games when I went to UTEP, it was very tough.

Either I worked during the day or went to class or worked at night or went to class. I was extremely rare that I could attend a weeknight game and some weekends I was too busy with other things.

Trust me, I wanted to go to every game. I wish I could have. Some people have more responsibilities than others.

Did you go to college? If you did, did you have to work?

Nope. I joined the U.S. Air Force at 18. Didn't attend many UTEP games because I was away serving our country.

Doesn't change what I said. People who live in El Paso can attend if they really want to. They don't because of whatever reason they have; most legitimate. No money, work, whatever. Even if an excuse is weak, people will make an excuse to not attend.

UTEP needs to put a winner on the field/court. UTEP needs to give the city a winner and people will make excuses to attend rather than to not attend.

Nope. I joined the U.S. Air Force at 18. Didn't attend many UTEP games because I was away serving our country.

Doesn't change what I said. People who live in El Paso can attend if they really want to. They don't because of whatever reason they have; most legitimate. No money, work, whatever. Even if an excuse is weak, people will make an excuse to not attend.

UTEP needs to put a winner on the field/court. UTEP needs to give the city a winner and people will make excuses to attend rather than to not attend.

Thank you for your service. You couldn't attend many games because you chose to join the military. I didn't attend many UTEP games because I was going to school full time and working. Somebody else might not be able to attend because they have to take care of their child, brother, sister, parent, grandparent, etc. We shouldn't shame people into why they can't or choose not to go to a UTEP basketball game. People can choose how they spend their free time. We shouldn't dictate what people choose to do.

I'm not sure when but when I used to attend games the student section said "general admission" and that's where we used to sit. I would say 3/4 of the people in that section weren't students.

You are correct, but UTEP has never sold GA tickets to the general public.

Now people just buy the $16 seats and sit in the expensive seats. It just defeats the purpose of raising tickets price.

Reactions: JCorona
From the CUSA board so don't how accurate it is.

If the conference tournament started today we would play #5 East, ODU. Then the #1 East seed of FAU. A win would put us against the #2 West, UAB.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
From the CUSA board so don't how accurate it is.

If the conference tournament started today we would play #5 East, ODU. Then the #1 East seed of FAU. A win would put us against the #2 West, UAB.
It’s actually kinda exciting to think that we might have an opportunity to play into Thursday (dare I say Friday or Saturday). That comes from where we’ve been the last decade, and where we’re at.

It’s actually kinda exciting to think that we might have an opportunity to play into Thursday (dare I say Friday or Saturday). That comes from where we’ve been the last decade, and where we’re at.
Fun fact; Golding has yet to taste defeat in a conference tournament.

Reactions: MinerManiac
Also from the CUSA board...

Current CUSA
UAB 39
North Texas 53
Louisiana Tech 96
Middle Tenn. 116
Fla. Atlantic 117
Western Ky. 126
UTEP 156
Charlotte 174
Rice 179
Old Dominion 221
Marshall 246
FIU 254
Southern Miss. 331
UTSA 334
Average 174

Future CUSA
New Mexico St. 77
Louisiana Tech 96
Liberty 97
Middle Tenn. 116
Western Ky. 126
Jacksonville St. 128
UTEP 156
Sam Houston 172
FIU 254
Average 136

Average comps based on future conference affiliations:
Big East 67
MWC 108
A-10 130
CUSA 136
AAC 137
MVC 152 <--now includes IL-Chicago with a NET of 294
SBC 199
MAC 206

University of Alabama trustees approved a plan last week to construct a new $183 million basketball and gymnastics arena that would replace 54-year-old Coleman Coliseum.

The new facility would seat about 10,130 people, or roughly 4,300 less than Coleman, which would become a practice site. The project, which would also include a practice facility for the university's golf teams, is part of an overall $600 million plan to improve athletics facilities over a decade. More than $470 million already has been raised.

Originally opened in 1968, Coleman Coliseum was built at a cost of $4.2 million. A proposal submitted to trustees by athletics said extensive renovations to Coleman would have cost about $150 million.
The new arena is designed to bring fans closer to the action on the court. Arena features would include student seating around the majority of the lower bowl in addition to new premium options in club, courtside and lower-level preferred seating.

Coleman Coliseum will continue to serve as the day-to-day practice and preparation site for the programs and will also continue to house the multiple departments currently located within the building.
The golf practice facility would be a first-of-its-kind, featuring a brand new nine-hole golf course, driving range, short game practice area and a golf house. The 18,000-square foot golf house would include a Hall of Fame lobby, golf heritage display and mirrored wings with dedicated space for both golf teams, housing coaches' offices, bag storage and club fitting rooms, a team lounge and locker room, stretch room, putting studio and three indoor hitting bays.

North of the clubhouse, the practice range would feature multiple regulation greens, while the short game practice area would be located west of the club house. The nine-hole golf course, east of the golf house, would offer multiple routing options for on-course practice.

Plans indicated the university could seek bids for the project in April 2023. — Sun Herald, Alabama Athletics

Wait a minute! Stop the music! We can’t give kids a plastic trophy for “participation” but we can make them feel like NBA stars at a high school game?! This Texas high school athletics pissing match has gone too far. School trustees need to redirect their budgets. Sorry, Same stuff folks.

The UAB v UNT game is pretty good. Both play really good defense…as we well know.

34-32 UNT. 15 minutes and some change to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT