ADVERTISEMENT

College Football 2021- Post Covid Edition

Not denying that is the case. However, there is no evidence that UAB has contacted the AAC or has put out public information saying they have. Again, you do not know UTEP hasn’t contacted the AAC. Again, it wouldn’t make a difference. Senter could text the AAC every hour of every day and it wouldn’t make a difference.
The evidence is in the Aresco quote "We're only dealing with candidates who have approached us"

The evidence is in the Aresco quote "We're only dealing with candidates who have approached us"
Yet doesn’t say who the teams are. There’s no quote from Aresco confirming UAB has or that they’re on a “list”. You can argue all you want, but no evidence UTEP has or hasn’t.

UTEP isn’t being considered for the AAC because they ****ing suck, not for any other simplistic reason you assume.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Not denying that is the case. However, there is no evidence that UAB has contacted the AAC or has put out public information saying they have. Again, you do not know UTEP hasn’t contacted the AAC. Again, it wouldn’t make a difference. Senter could text the AAC every hour of every day and it wouldn’t make a difference.
The article I linked says Sources told Dennis that the AAC is focusing on the four MW schools plus UAB. This new quote from Aresco indicates they have all reached out to him. I don't know how much more clearer you want it to be.

As far as UTEP we've had zero mention of anything. Senter hasn't come out and said we're looking into either the MW or the AAC or even the Sun Belt. It's basically a typical UTEP day. Wait and see where we fall.

The article I linked says Sources told Dennis that the AAC is focusing on the four MW schools plus UAB. This new quote from Aresco indicates they have all reached out to him. I don't know how much more clearer you want it to be.

As far as UTEP we've had zero mention of anything. Senter hasn't come out and said we're looking into either the MW or the AAC or even the Sun Belt. It's basically a typical UTEP day. Wait and see where we fall.

Because ADs do not do that. Senter would never say he is shopping UTEP or himself elsewhere.

Because ADs do not do that. Senter would never say he is shopping UTEP or himself elsewhere.
"For now, if the AAC can't get its top choices listed above, there is an additional group of 10-12 teams that would be considered, sources said. Among those teams under consideration are FAU and UTSA of Conference USA. Both are seen by some AAC officials as having the potential to becoming the new UCF -- emerging programs in a large, football-mad markets that could make a national splash under the right conditions."

From the same article I posted. With the Aresco quote of only dealing with candidates that have approached them then it's only logical UTSA has approached the AAC.

Maybe we should have hired Campos instead of Senter. At least she's proactive.

Reactions: Rot and TxRdKiller
I believe 1992 is correct. Speculation by sports writers, a rumor here or there but nothing will come officially from a school or conference office until both know it's a done deL.
Yes, because if something falls through, you just end up with a disappointed fan base. UAB will likely be in the AAC, maybe UTSA, but neither school will say so until it’s a done deal.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Yes, because if something falls through, you just end up with a disappointed fan base. UAB will likely be in the AAC, maybe UTSA, but neither school will say so until it’s a done deal.

I'm really hoping that Air Force and Colorado State will tell the AAC to **** off.

Last edited:
Reactions: utep2step
This probably deserves its own thread but I don't want Fili hating.

Has Volleyball and football ever combined for a 14-3 start? Seems like athletics might be turning the corner.

I bet you would, but you'd probably never buy season tickets no matter who the coach is. Right?
Wrong, have them off and on for the last 32 years. Whenever the budget allows. Don’t say shit you know nothing about.

Wrong, have them off and on for the last 32 years. Whenever the budget allows. Don’t say shit you know nothing about.
Wrong, have them off and on for the last 32 years. Whenever the budget allows. Don’t say shit you
Well, you're right, genius, I have no idea if you've ever supported UTEP financially for the last 32 thousand years, but I know you've shitted on UTEP on this forum.

Well, you're right, genius, I have no idea if you've ever supported UTEP financially for the last 32 thousand years, but I know you've shitted on UTEP on this forum.
Nobody wants to shit on UTEP. If you're still posting on this board after the last decade it's because you have an irrational love for UTEP athletics. Unfortunately for at the least the last decade we've all had front row seats to the worst run athletic department in d1. It's left everyone pissed and upset. However, I would feel pretty safe betting that 95% of people who post on here support UTEP financially. Silence is acceptance. We all get pissed and angry because we care.

Nobody wants to shit on UTEP. If you're still posting on this board after the last decade it's because you have an irrational love for UTEP athletics. Unfortunately for at the least the last decade we've all had front row seats to the worst run athletic department in d1. It's left everyone pissed and upset. However, I would feel pretty safe betting that 95% of people who post on here support UTEP financially. Silence is acceptance. We all get pissed and angry because we care.
95%? Look who's gaslighting. Read the posts with an open mind and you'll logically come to see that a certain percentage of posters are trolls. A couple of them are so obvious that we block them. Then there's the group that are simple sheep. Whatever negative position they perceive that the loud "alpha" touts, they regurgitate endlessly until it becomes dogma in their minds. Yes, I'm a somewhat passionate fan. But I literally seeth at the play calling. I believe it's holding the team back. I'd rather the Offensive coordinator call the plays. But I've been to 3 games and I will go to the Bowl game.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
95%? Look who's gaslighting. Read the posts with an open mind and you'll logically come to see that a certain percentage of posters are trolls. A couple of them are so obvious that we block them. Then there's the group that are simple sheep. Whatever negative position they perceive that the loud "alpha" touts, they regurgitate endlessly until it becomes dogma in their minds. Yes, I'm a somewhat passionate fan. But I literally seeth at the play calling. I believe it's holding the team back. I'd rather the Offensive coordinator call the plays. But I've been to 3 games and I will go to the Bowl game.
Clueless as usual. If you read with an open mind, you can tell there are no trolls. If you want to read only rah rah crap, go to Kryotes Den with the 5 people that post there.

Reactions: FedupMiner
Corona, a personal attack is not addressing any issue. Did I hit a nerve?
95% of your posts are in response to someone's personal opinions on the current overall health of the athletic department. Nothing original comes out of your mouth but to bash those who express their concerns. Instead of attacking those posters, why don’t you post in your own words all the good things UTEP has done and is doing. Otherwise you’re just as annoying and trolling as the said posters you block.

95% of your posts are in response to someone's personal opinions on the current overall health of the athletic department. Nothing original comes out of your mouth but to bash those who express their concerns. Instead of attacking those posters, why don’t you post in your own words all the good things UTEP has done and is doing. Otherwise you’re just as annoying and trolling as the said posters you block.

Nope. Not bashing. Read my posts. Just pointing out that you, and some other posters, are forever bashing the Miner Program. Own it. Annoying and trolling is what you do every day on this forum. Sport-fans that come on here have to wade through a bunch of repetitive negativity before they get to the insights and info that makes this a great forum. Go Miners!

Nope. Not bashing. Read my posts. Just pointing out that you, and some other posters, are forever bashing the Miner Program. Own it. Annoying and trolling is what you do every day on this forum. Sport-fans that come on here have to wade through a bunch of repetitive negativity before they get to the insights and info that makes this a great forum. Go Miners!
I did read your posts before posting just to make sure I wasn't about to write bs. Re read your own. They're all mainly in reply to anyone that speaks the truth about UTEP. Once UTEP has something positive to write about then our posts will change.

We're all in an abusive relationship with UTEP. They've been giving us purple eyes for the last few decades. Just cause they haven't hit us in the last few days doesn't erase all the damage we've endured and that everything is OK again. It doesn't mean that we should only write how loving they are and how glad we are we stuck around through all the abuse. In the back of our minds we will always have the fear of UTEP returning to their abusive ways. It takes more than four wins.

I did read your posts before posting just to make sure I wasn't about to write bs. Re read your own. They're all mainly in reply to anyone that speaks the truth about UTEP. Once UTEP has something positive to write about then our posts will change.

We're all in an abusive relationship with UTEP. They've been giving us purple eyes for the last few decades. Just cause they haven't hit us in the last few days doesn't erase all the damage we've endured and that everything is OK again. It doesn't mean that we should only write how loving they are and how glad we are we stuck around through all the abuse. In the back of our minds we will always have the fear of UTEP returning to their abusive ways. It takes more than four wins.
"We're all in an abusive relationship with UTEP." Couldn't agree with you more Corona.
One last post: I guess I'm just worn out with being reminded of every freaking losing event or incident or coach in the past 50+ years. Every other post is an example of this. I don't even need to be reminded about the '66 Team anymore. I lived it all. I wanna know inside stuff about the current team and it's future. Is our quarterback healthy? Is Cowling going pro? Does Southern Mississippi have a running game? Is the Sun Bowl really as terrible as a poster stated on here? (I have an open mind and he kind of convinced me a bit.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT