ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware joining CUSA?

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
Good school, good athletic programs but a UTEP budget killer. Welcome Blue Hens!

That puts the conference at 11. Will they go for a 12th and make divisions?

Good school, good athletic programs but a UTEP budget killer. Welcome Blue Hens!

Low Key Great East Coast School, that probably should've been FBS awhile ago. However, yet another school that Utep football will have to make a long trip to the East Coast and probably lose of football isn't turned around soon!

Reactions: utep2step
That puts the conference at 11. Will they go for a 12th and make divisions?
They would likely go to the system where UTEP and others would have two or three teams they pay yearly and then rotate the teams they play other years. This would still allow the conference's two highest-rated teams to play for the championship each year.

Delaware has a lot of tradition and is big time in that state! A lot of famous alumni and money and will probably do much like JMU once they move up! Yes they have that much support and backing. This is a sneaky quality addition for CUSA. Much better than Kennesaw St. They have a very nice remodeled stadium and it'll be a tough place for UTEP to travel and play. With that said..... UTEP has to make a commitment now to Football or Liberty, Jacksonville St. and now Delaware and others will continue to make Utep a door mat to step on.

Last edited:
Delaware has a lot of tradition and is big time in that state! A lot of famous alumni and money and will probably do much like JMU once they move up! Yes they have that much support and backing. This is a sneaky quality addition for CUSA. Much better than Kennesaw St. They have a very nice remodeled stadium and it'll be a tough place for UTEP to travel and play. With that said..... UTEP has to make a commitment now to Football or Liberty, Jacksonville St. and now Delaware and others will continue to make Utep a door at to step on.
On spot with that natty.

Utep is in a conference with Sam Houston State and Jacksonville State.
Im trying to think of another school who has sunk lower than Utep?

Only other school i can think of is UCONN, and now maybe Oregon State and Washington State.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Utep is in a conference with Sam Houston State and Jacksonville State.
Im trying to think of another school who has sunk lower than Utep?

Only other school i can think of is UCONN, and now maybe Oregon State and Washington State.
UCONN is in the Big East!!! They've won 2 national Championships in the last 8 years, what are you Smoking!? As far as Uconn Football they were never P5

UCONN is in the Big East!!! They've won 2 national Championships in the last 8 years, what are you Smoking!? As far as Uconn Football they were never P5
UCONN was in the Big East in football. Big East use to be a power football conference. What are you smoking?

Reactions: JCorona
UCONN was in the Big East in football. Big East use to be a power football conference. What are you smoking?
They were only in the Big East for Football from 2004-2012. Again they have won 2 Natty's recently and are in a Premier Conference for Basketball. It is not the same as Utep or anything close. Utep has never been in a Power Conference and has never been relevant in Football and barely relevant in Basketball when we had Haskins. UCONN is and will always be relevant in Basketball. They were never really relevant in Football. Yes some of their friends left them behind in Football, so if that's your only point then I suppose I can see what you're trying to sling at the wall to see if it sticks. P.S. I am smoking some good Green I got from Denver from a good friend who owns a shop up there 🙃

They were only in the Big East for Football from 2004-2012. Again they have won 2 Natty's recently and are in a Premier Conference for Basketball. It is not the same as Utep or anything close. Utep has never been in a Power Conference and has never been relevant in Football and barely relevant in Basketball when we had Haskins. UCONN is and will always be relevant in Basketball. They were never really relevant in Football. Yes some of their friends left them behind in Football, so if that's your only point then I suppose I can see what you're trying to sling at the wall to see if it sticks. P.S. I am smoking some good Green I got from Denver from a good friend who owns a shop up there 🙃

Twenty or so years ago they invested heavily in football, knowing that basketball is great, but D1 college football is the cash cow. It didn't got well but they did make the Fiesta Bowl and lost to Marshall in 2022, under Covid bowl requirements I think?

UCONN was first passed on by all the old big East football schools. Big Ten picked Rutgers over them and then they went all the way to the West Coast to add schools. ACC added SMU and Big 12 added Houston and BYU. But none of the power conferences want UCONN. Yeah they keep winning in basketball, but like you said it's all about football. UCONN has won national titles and power 5 conferences still don't want them. Yeah UCONN probably has had it worst than Utep. You should stop smoking up there in Denver. 🤨🤨🤨

UCONN was first passed on by all the old big East football schools. Big Ten picked Rutgers over them and then they went all the way to the West Coast to add schools. ACC added SMU and Big 12 added Houston and BYU. But none of the power conferences want UCONN. Yeah they keep winning in basketball, but like you said it's all about football. UCONN has won national titles and power 5 conferences still don't want them. Yeah UCONN probably has had it worst than Utep. You should stop smoking up there in Denver. 🤨🤨🤨
Fili everyone on Miner digs knows you are on something 90% of the time lol 😅 If UTEP was in the Big 12 RN as an example and has been winning Natty's in Basketball recently and 4 in the 2000s, how bad off would you still think we were? Lol 🤣

UCONN was first passed on by all the old big East football schools.
What are you talking about? UConn was a founding member of the American Athletic Conference with the rest of the Big East football schools when the Big East kicked out the football schools. Years later, UConn decided they would rather rejoin the Big East in basketball and go independent in football than to stay in the AAC. They decided their identity is as a basketball school, at the expense of their football team, and they committed to it. It was a choice that they made, not the old Big East football schools.

What are you talking about? UConn was a founding member of the American Athletic Conference with the rest of the Big East football schools when the Big East kicked out the football schools. Years later, UConn decided they would rather rejoin the Big East in basketball and go independent in football than to stay in the AAC. They decided their identity is as a basketball school, at the expense of their football team, and they committed to it. It was a choice that they made, not the old Big East football schools.

I'm talking about when Big Ten and ACC came calling. They broke apart the Big East football conference. Big East was part of the big boys. Natty said that Uconn was never part of a power conference in football. What are you and natty smoking??

Actually I'm mistaken Natty didn't say that UCONN was never in a power football conference. But dont you all think Uconn would rather be in the ACC,Big 10 or Big 12?

Reactions: nattybry
I don’t even have the free 60 day subscription to this site non the less a paid subscription to a Delaware newspaper.

Reactions: mikesarabia
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT