ADVERTISEMENT

DePaul

And fouling on three-pointers.

As athletic as he is, Onyema doesn't board as well as he should. Is it positioning?
He's not a quick jumper, he needs to gather himself first. That said, he should be able to block out better. Seemed like he was getting out worked out there. He should get better with more extended playing time.

We're definitely still in it. I hope we can draw up something easy to put that gut-punch at the end of the half behind us.

I agree. I think it starts with a PG that
controls the game and sets the tempo for team play. Givance doesn’t do that - plus all the other things you said.

Not impressed with DePaul. UTEP just isn’t any good. Guards who can’t shoot, bigs who are clumsy, unathletic and fumble the ball away, and a total lack of offensive sets or plays ran. They try and play hard - they’re just not good.
Yeah, I agree. UTEP lacks chemistry. I'm hopeful that can improve the more they play with each other. They have too many sloppy turnovers and they're lost on D.

This team sucks and so does Joe Golding. When are some of you bozos going to learn that it doesn’t take 4 years to turn around a basketball team?

Getting blown out by the Big East bottom dweller.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Second game in a row where the opponent explodes from 3. Either UTEP is very unlucky, or there's something very wrong with our D right now.

Second game in a row where the opponent explodes from 3. Either UTEP is very unlucky, or there's something very wrong with our D right now.
Combination of open looks, and playing on the road. Not good any way you look at it.

Plus, it seems we have always seemed to make Gibson look like Steph Curry.

The first half was good, then DePaul banked in a half-court shot with a free throw and they haven't missed since.

I’ve watched 5 or 6 of our 9 games and I am wholly unimpressed.

This team has no identity whatsoever, no go to scorer, can’t make their freebies, and plays lackadaisical team defense too often.

The cupcake schedule makes our record very deceiving. We are NOT good.

What was that T? Please? It was a hard foul, but he was going for the ball.

Also, call it sour grapes, but a few of the fouls were called after the DePaul player took 3 or 4 steps.

CTF "Boys win at home. Men win on the road"

Our gimmick defense sucks against better teams. Time for Golding to step up his coaching AND his recruiting.
It starts with recruiting. As we know, Golding missed on a few major targets. How much better would this team look like with Sessoms and Grant, just as examples? I thought DePaul is alot like NMSU in terms of talent, and that is significantly better than the roster Golding pieced together.

Defensively, Golding needs to find a way to motivate the team to maintain their effort for a full 40 minutes. With a team lacking so much offensively, it will take an elite effort defensively to have any chance against decent teams, especially on the road.

Is it too soon to question Golding's ability to get the job done? This game, the 2nd Aggie game plus some of the narrow wins against lesser opponents are concerning. His gung ho; upbeat attitude is admirable, but can anyone point out any genuine plusses so far? I see nothing that hints at any positives. Today's collapse was unexplainable except I think it proved that just aren't any good.

It starts with recruiting. As we know, Golding missed on a few major targets. How much better would this team look like with Sessoms and Grant, just as examples? I thought DePaul is alot like NMSU in terms of talent, and that is significantly better than the roster Golding pieced together.

Defensively, Golding needs to find a way to motivate the team to maintain their effort for a full 40 minutes. With a team lacking so much offensively, it will take an elite effort defensively to have any chance against decent teams, especially on the road.
I hate to admit it, because I was all in on Golding, but his recruiting up to this point has been subpar.

Add to that, the defensive intensity and focus that Golding coached teams are known for is lacking. It’s early, but I just don’t see it getting too much better with who we have.

Is it too soon to question Golding's ability to get the job done? This game, the 2nd Aggie game plus some of the narrow wins against lesser opponents are concerning. His gung ho; upbeat attitude is admirable, but can anyone point out any genuine plusses so far? I see nothing that hints at any positives. Today's collapse was unexplainable except I think it proved that just aren't any good.
I don’t think it’s too soon to question that. Personally, I think it’s far too early to start calling for his job, but I think how this team looks now and whether or not they significantly improve by conference tourney time will speak volumes.

I think it’s a question we’ll much better be able to answer at that point.

Hate to keep sounding like a broken record, but Golding's gimic defense with the bigs hedging to try and prevent 3's is dog shit. It leaves our bigs out of position and over worked. Our interior D sucks and we are getting out rebounded.

I wish we could just man up, rebound and run on offense. Gimic defenses are ok once in a while, but its just not going to work at this level with this talent. Like Fanatico said, there is no identity with this team. Golding can huff and puff all he wants, but he needs some help with coaching and recruiting.

BTW...In back to back games today I watched Boum and Kennedy Soule had 21 and Kennedy had 9. He was 4 for 4 from the field. Then I watched The UTEP game. Bummer.

It was not explained or I missed it if it was.
It was on Givance. He fouled the DePaul guy as he was driving for the basket, and it just looked to me like he was trying to block the shot. He was definitely going for the ball.

Unless Givance mouthed off or something, I cannot understand why a T would be called there. It made absolutely no sense.

CTF "Boys win at home. Men win on the road"

Our gimmick defense sucks against better teams. Time for Golding to step up his coaching AND his recruiting.
It starts with recruiting. As we know, Golding missed on a few major targets. How much better would this team look like with Sessoms and Grant, just as examples I thought DePaul is alot like NMSU in terms of talent, and that is significantly better than the roster Golding pieced together.

Fourth time I'm asking: what was that T? Was NOBODY watching when it happened? It made no sense watching from the stands. I want to know what the announcers or Teich said.
I missed it as well.

Not impressed with DePaul. UTEP just isn’t any good. Guards who can’t shoot, bigs who are clumsy, unathletic and fumble the ball away, and a total lack of offensive sets or plays ran. They try and play hard - they’re just not good.
At least they have guards that can shoot and make the 3.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Fourth time I'm asking: what was that T? Was NOBODY watching when it happened? It made no sense watching from the stands. I want to know what the announcers or Teich said.
I hadn’t answered you because honestly I don’t know myself. The announcers on TV first said it was a technical on GIVance but then they said it was a technical on Golding but also on one of the DePaul players. My only guess is they called a double technical on the two players and the technical on Golding which resulted in the free throws. On Sports Talk after the game they did mention that Golding got a technical. In the box score, it reflects that each team was assessed a technical. I don’t recall us going to the line for free throws due to a technical?

On another note, recently Golding stated that a key stat for them was not to allow the opposing team make more than seven three-pointers. They made 14! Take away seven to get to his key stat and it is a much closer game.

Not impressed at all. They looked good for a bit, then fell apart. Golding may need another mass exodus. Hope he figures it out, but at this point we are probably no better than if they hired Doc. I personally wanted Jans, oh well. Let’s see what they can do. CUSA is decent, but nothing too great. Another 20 win season? I’m saying more like 15-17

BTW...In back to back games today I watched Boum and Kennedy Soule had 21 and Kennedy had 9. He was 4 for 4 from the field. Then I watched The UTEP game. Bummedream about old crushes too.
I don’t like the Aggies. Seems like you’re upset that Joe Bronze-ing is 1-3 against those “bunch of thugs”. Go and celebrate that victories against Alcorn and NNMU!!!
Aggy boy who hasn’t said shit about his team’s crimes.

Aggy boy who hasn’t said shit about his team’s crimes.
It doesn’t interest me. Unlike you and the other “haters” who can’t get enough Aggie news it seems.

I don’t care what happens to other teams. I hope all their players are suspended for their games against UTEP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT