ADVERTISEMENT

DHC concessions

But yet, you're still going and buying. Why would UTEP change if you don't? Need to send a message.

Stull didn't make coaching changes because they still got good crowds for football and basketball games.

I guarantee nobody here goes to restaurants that have bad food and bad service. What has UTEP done to earn your money? And don't give me the crap about it's local, only El Paso thing, etc. Nobody would patronize a local business multiple times just because they're local, "just cuz".

Reactions: Tucson_Miner
But yet, you're still going and buying. Why would UTEP change if you don't? Need to send a message.

Stull didn't make coaching changes because they still got good crowds for football and basketball games.

I guarantee nobody here goes to restaurants that have bad food and bad service. What has UTEP done to earn your money? And don't give me the crap about it's local, only El Paso thing, etc. Nobody would patronize a local business multiple times just because they're local, "just cuz".

No, I just eat before the game, dumbass.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Send an email to Senter. He seems like the type of person who will read it and take note of it to make things better.

Reactions: ShovelMan66

Yes I see what you are saying. The hot dog was free but was dog crap, but that's not why I go. I keep going to the games because I love college basketball and I'm a miner fan so I follow the team. My family enjoys going too. I'm upset they are losing. I wanted Floyd gone. I gave up my season tickets for MBB a few years ago because I didn't want to keep contributing to a poor dept and they wouldn't move me down to empty seats.

I want to be there when and if they do well. I enjoy analyzing the players and discussing with friends. I've been a fan since the late 80's when I followed Mark McCall out of high school. I've been through good and bad seasons. I'm not ready to give up on the players because I don't like the coach or the athletic dept. UTEP MBB is not going to close down like a bad restaurant. It can be fixed.

If I were in charge, I'd probably try a food court type system.

Lease the spaces to Whataburger, Peter Pipper, Crave, and any other local favorites. Yes I know Whataburger and Peter Pipper are from out of town, but they're still local favorites. Emphasize the connection between the community and the university.

Even if it meant not making a lot of money from the vendors, improving the fan experience, and making the place more lively would be a worthy expenditure.

Reactions: develman
Why would Whataburger or PPP want to do that though? I like the idea, but why not do something similar with food a local restaurant or food truck? Give them their own section for a game. They buy the space from UTEP and UTEP gets like 10% of their sales. You lease out that space to different restaurants so you don't get the same thing every time you go.

You can still have UTEP hotdogs, nachos, popcorn at all the other stands, but get something different in there.

Why would Whataburger or PPP want to do that though? I like the idea, but why not do something similar with food a local restaurant or food truck? Give them their own section for a game. They buy the space from UTEP and UTEP gets like 10% of their sales. You lease out that space to different restaurants so you don't get the same thing every time you go.

You can still have UTEP hotdogs, nachos, popcorn at all the other stands, but get something different in there.

The same reason there's a Peter Pipper at the Chihuahuas Park and a Whataburger in the San Antonio arena. It gives those companies access to thousands of potential customers. Plus, it engenders you to the community.

Reactions: develman
Whataburger is in all of Texas and other states. PPP is in SUP because the Chihuahuas are geared towards families and they're brand new. UTEP basketball is not geared towards family entertainment.

Whataburger is in all of Texas and other states. PPP is in SUP because the Chihuahuas are geared towards families and they're brand new. UTEP basketball is not geared towards family entertainment.
My point is people in El Paso like Whataburger and PPP. UTEP should give its fans the things they like. But it doesn't have to be those things specifically, just things people like, a variety of food to enhance the fan experience.

Reactions: kappasigmaminer
All right. I cant take it anymore. Piper! Peter Piper!

Definition of pipper
plural -s
: the center of the reticule of a gunsight.

Not mad or trying to be mean. It was actually funny as hell as i found myself pronouncing "pipper" instead of "piper"...

Im alright with the beer but the food kinda sucks. Even the Rhinos have nachos with meat from Rudys. Like the Peter piper idea that would really be popular. Also love the big nachos from the football concessions, wish they would sell those too. Its been mentioned before but UTEP needs to take a page from the chihuahuas concessions.

Its been mentioned before but UTEP needs to take a page from the chihuahuas concessions.

UTEP needs to build their own brand and not worry about/copy what the Chihuahuas are doing. The Chihuahuas are popular right now because they're new, have a new stadium, and they're winning. UTEP doesn't have any of that, so they can't rely on the Chihuahuas for ideas forever.

Credit goes out to the Chihuahuas, but UTEP needs to do them and let the C-Dogs do their thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT