ADVERTISEMENT

Golding Buy Out?

For stuff we did 20 years ago? Think you meant stuff we did nearly 60 years ago? UTEP is stuck living in their past. Today’s student athletes GRANDPARENTS weren’t even born yet. 🤡
It's not 60 years. Unless you're talking about the National Championship year only. I don't know if you're just exaggerating on purpose, to stress your point on futality. UTEP mens basketball went to the NCAA in 8 out of 9 years from 84-92 and advanced past the 1st round in alot of those including sweet 16. Not a Mathematician, but I don't Believe that's 60 years, cause I was alive and I'm far from being 60! Imagine now if we could go to 8 out of 9 NCAAs advance a couple of times and make the sweet 16!!!! We'd all take that and games were Jumping!

Reactions: EPUTEP
It's not 60 years. Unless you're talking about the National Championship year only. I don't know if you're just exaggerating on purpose, to stress your point on futality. UTEP mens basketball went to the NCAA in 8 out of 9 years from 84-92 and advanced past the 1st round in alot of those including sweet 16. Not a Mathematician, but I don't Believe that's 60 years, cause I was alive and I'm far from being 60! Imagine now if we could go to 8 out of 9 NCAAs advance a couple of times and make the sweet 16!!!! We'd all take that and games were Jumping!
Sounds like NMSUs success over the last 15 years or so.

Everyone saying UTEP doesn’t have the money is somewhat correct, but y’all are forgetting we get those FAU F4 shares and the Liberty NY6 shares. It won’t cover the entire Golding buyout, but it’ll make a significant dent into it.

Everyone saying UTEP doesn’t have the money is somewhat correct, but y’all are forgetting we get those FAU F4 shares and the Liberty NY6 shares. It won’t cover the entire Golding buyout, but it’ll make a significant dent into it.
Of course, but unlike how we know when we get paid, will that money come in time? Makes no sense to fire anyone midsession unless it’s an absolute cluster and you can compensate for new hire salaries while affording all the buy outs.

If Golding was losing but team was showing improvement, I wouldn’t be so upset. But this team shows no Basketball IQ, and outside of a few players not very athletic, I don’t think there’s a leader on this team, nor do I believe they care if they are winning or losing.

Of course, but unlike how we know when we get paid, will that money come in time? Makes no sense to fire anyone midsession unless it’s an absolute cluster and you can compensate for new hire salaries while affording all the buy outs.
I don’t think the correct course of action would be to fire Golding mid season. I do think he should be fired at season’s end, barring a gawt damm miracle, though.

Don’t forget about all the exit fees from the schools who went to the SunBelt and AAC.

Last edited:
No absolutely don’t fire him mid season. Ultimately we need to still look somewhat competent for recruits for next year, but Senter should at least contact agencies to see which candidates are interested

My only hope is that since Senter appears to be on the hot seat, hopefully he won't be complacent and he'll make a move like he did in football.

It's sad because I like Golding, but the results speak for themselves. Golding is also keeping me from ENTIRELY drinking the Walden koolaid. I loved Golding's passion and fire, too, when he first arrived. But at least Walden appears to be building a strong infrastructure for the football program.
More people should heed this comment.

No absolutely don’t fire him mid season. Ultimately we need to still look somewhat competent for recruits for next year, but Senter should at least contact agencies to see which candidates are interested
I'm done with contacting agencies. An agency brought us Dimel. Save the money and hire the best candidate that is interested.

Add the money from the teams defecting that for some reason is not brought up much, but UTEP Athletics is getting money every year now as are the other 4 CUSA teams that stayed in the conference.

The only person who should be fired mid season is senter so we can get a start on evaluating new coaches
Ummm .... 🤔 Walden new coach hasn't event played a game yet, Golding year 3 not new, Green new/old women's coach, volleyball coach did well. Can you please explain what you mean, besides Walden?

Ummm .... 🤔 Walden new coach hasn't event played a game yet, Golding year 3 not new, Green new/old women's coach, volleyball coach did well. Can you please explain what you mean, besides Walden?
I'm referring to evaluating coaches who will replace golding.

Reactions: nattybry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT