ADVERTISEMENT

Dimel’s Assistants

Reggie Mitchel is a amazing RB coach and recruiter. Now he may be gone next year lol.

I agree, I like this staff, think Dimel is making actual FBS moves and not just hiring his friends, these hires make me think Dimel has a nice salary pool to lure a coach from Rutgers.... Rutgers isn't a powerhouse, but still impressive.
If I’m reading it correctly our new special teams coach was making the same base pay at TT as our former HC was making here.

Looks like by combining positions that will help pay too DC/LB and OC/QB. I'm sure those 2 are making about $350,000

If I’m reading it correctly our new special teams coach was making the same base pay at TT as our former HC was making here.
True. However, the one good thing is UTEP did allow Price and Kugler the freedom to roam for recruiting (within reason of course). Many AD's from mid majors to the power programs keep a very tight reign on the recruiting budget. Wonder if Senter will continue that or not.

True. However, the one good thing is UTEP did allow Price and Kugler the freedom to roam for recruiting (within reason of course). Many AD's from mid majors to the power programs keep a very tight reign on the recruiting budget. Wonder if Senter will continue that or not.
Good point. I saw a twitter pic of Canales flying Southwest to Iowa or something, I'm pretty sure Canales hasn't signed a deal but is already using flyer miles to croot. Good sign imo.

It’s tough to even think about retaining coaches from this staff. They all played their part, some more than others in creating this 0-12 monster. Although I don’t wish that anyone lose their job, no way anyone can stay. Tear it all down and start new.

Reactions: develman
He's been here for 20 years. I think cleaning house of everybody will be good for the team.

Also, he isn't a coach and only does administrative work.

Known him since he first arrived at UTEP after coaching at Coronado. The term "Coach" is a show of respect many share for him. He now actually works for the athletic department in charge of football operations. Hoping Mr. Senter holds on to him

Reactions: UTEPy79
Known him since he first arrived at UTEP after coaching at Coronado. The term "Coach" is a show of respect many share for him. He now actually works for the athletic department in charge of football operations. Hoping Mr. Senter holds on to him

Thanks for clearing that up and providing actual information.

Poss is the glue that kept these teams together for 25-30 years. Well maybe not, but he is a nice guy.

A nice guy that has been part of 4 winning seasons in 30 years, yeah let's keep that great continuity going!

Anywhere else, he would have been canned a long time ago. Imagine being successful 10% of the time at your job and being able to keep it. Thats UTEP athletics in a nutshell.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Having worked within the program, i can tell you that Coach Poss has nothing to do with coaching players or any actual game related performances. He coordinates the travel accommodations, training camp accommodations after game meals, per diem, etc.... I think retaining him is smart due to his contacts that make all the back end items that no one considers possible.

He's been here for 20 years. I think cleaning house of everybody will be good for the team.

Also, he isn't a coach and only does administrative work.
You need to give respect for his dedicated service. However. If he goes (I seriously doubt he will) he has good connections or lean on that nice retirement or do a mixture of both (within legal terms. Not sure if they follow rules public teachers must follow?).

A nice guy that has been part of 4 winning seasons in 30 years, yeah let's keep that great continuity going!

Anywhere else, he would have been canned a long time ago. Imagine being successful 10% of the time at your job and being able to keep it. Thats UTEP athletics in a nutshell.

You, sir, are ill-informed, although your sentiment is understandable. And I can assure you Nate Poss is successful in his job more than 10% of the time.The REAL question will be if UTEP is fortunate enough for Nate Poss to decide to stay.

You, sir, are ill-informed, although your sentiment is understandable. And I can assure you Nate Poss is successful in his job more than 10% of the time.The REAL question will be if UTEP is fortunate enough for Nate Poss to decide to stay.

I hear ya. Not saying you're wrong, but perception is reality.

If you're going to start a business, you have a position available. All 4 candidates have equal work experience and education and you don't personally know any of these guys. They work at Amazon, WalMart, Sears, and KMart. I'd say the chances you're going with the Amazon or WalMart guy is exponentially better than the Sears or KMart guy.

UTEP is perceived as Sears or KMart. Poss has that stench on him, fair or not. If you want to start fresh and tell the fans "things are gonna be different", gotta bring in those Amazon or WalMart guys.

Reactions: El Paso 777
I hear ya. Not saying you're wrong, but perception is reality.

If you're going to start a business, you have a position available. All 4 candidates have equal work experience and education and you don't personally know any of these guys. They work at Amazon, WalMart, Sears, and KMart. I'd say the chances you're going with the Amazon or WalMart guy is exponentially better than the Sears or KMart guy.

UTEP is perceived as Sears or KMart. Poss has that stench on him, fair or not. If you want to start fresh and tell the fans "things are gonna be different", gotta bring in those Amazon or WalMart guys.
I disagree, that's fine on the coaches side, but Poss is administrative so I don't think retaining him would be an issue....

Why would the fans care who books the hotel rooms for the team or who coordinates the after game meals?
I agree and while we are it we should also stop flying our potential recruits through Southwest. That’s probably why they don’t commit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT