ADVERTISEMENT

Dimel reflects on the season

Can't win too much. Coach might get hired by someone else.
It is a smart strategy. The program is gaining national respect by losing which eliminates the coach from being wanted by other schools and keeps him here. It sucks for other schools because they have to gain national respect by winning and requires a lot of work and money. Senter and Dimel are geniuses for discovering a way to gain national respect through mediocrity.

One good win for Dimel but five toilet bowl losses. The only bowl game he qualified us for is the toilet bowl.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Folks, everyone is legitimately pissed off at Senter and Dimel, but send a diplomatic email to them and let them no this will not be tolerated.

In the meantime, you are feeding really bad trolls on here, Las Cruces, El Paso and around the state. They are on here, hold office, they go to my church, go to our local grocery stores, etc…They would love to see UTEP literally burn. I’m talking about utter hatred here, folks. So much hatred I have heard their own mothers call them out for spewing such horrid ignorance. I’ve met them throughout my young and adult life and they use UTEP’s poor performance on the football field as a shield but it doesn’t stop there.

Most just love the rich historical rivalry of I-10, the legendary Haskins, the exciting days of Billy and when Stull was coaching or Nord bringing in some the best recruits in the modern era of UTEP football.

What usually happens is some get the wrong message and you get your typical drunk fights at games like what happened weeks ago with Lobos and aggies, and a planned out, gun toting actual assault occurred and someone’s son is dead and a player has his playing career likely over. That is stupid and crazy. Ignorance won. We’ve seen the fights ourselves.

Most of you on here say you are not religious and that’s fine, but all I can say is that the devil and his seeds of chaos (the root of diabolical) are real H2O breathing folks and when I say “UTEP” to start my sentence their eyes light up with flames.

Let’s stop feeding the evil trolls. Keep buying tickets, know the sky is not falling for UTEP and there is money in their bank account (but yes, could be more if they would win more).

Demand better performance but hold your Picks up!

Sorry, I’ll get off my cardboard soap box.

They would love to see UTEP literally burn. I’m talking about utter hatred here, folks.
What a crock of shit. UTEP vs NMSU isn’t Celtic vs Rangers, Manchester United vs Liverpool, Barcelona vs Real Madrid, Boca vs River, or other intense soccer rivalries. The percentage of UTEP and NMSU fans that want to see the other “burn” is so small.

You’re an idiot if you believe otherwise.

Team should have been at least 7-5 if not 8-4 and going to another bowl with a chance to win. Do that and I think most here would have conceaded Dimel another year.

Losing that opening game the way we did was a killer. Blowing the lead against UTSA should have been it for Dimel.
I don’t blame Dimel for that. The refs blew a couple of major plays. Also, Buckholtz tore a hamstring. The Alamodome was playing loud music while our team was in huddles so they couldn’t hear the play calls. That’s one of the reasons why we had so many false starts and had to burn time outs

It is a smart strategy. The program is gaining national respect by losing which eliminates the coach from being wanted by other schools and keeps him here. It sucks for other schools because they have to gain national respect by winning and requires a lot of work and money. Senter and Dimel are geniuses for discovering a way to gain national respect through mediocrity.
I don’t know 2Step. If talking about disappointment in the program is “feeding trolls”, they will be eating out of the palm of our hands for some time, it appears.

You don’t think they already know that we’re pissed off? I’d say that 24 point loss to them the other night is all the bait they need.

Team should have been at least 7-5 if not 8-4 and going to another bowl with a chance to win. Do that and I think most here would have conceaded Dimel another year.

Losing that opening game the way we did was a killer. Blowing the lead against UTSA should have been it for Dimel.
That team bookended what could have been a successful season with two absolute sktinkers

Reactions: axingfools1
The UNM loss should be grounds for dismissal on its own. We were their only FBS win. They were terrible. I would vote that among the worst losses any team in fbs suffered this season. Outside of their game with us the closest game they played was a 12 point loss to NMSU.

The UNM loss should be grounds for dismissal on its own. We were their only FBS win. They were terrible. I would vote that among the worst losses any team in fbs suffered this season. Outside of their game with us the closest game they played was a 12 point loss to NMSU.
Wow I didn't even know that. How did we go from beating Boise St and blowing out UTSA in tbe first half to losing to UNM. Such highs and lows with this team. It has to be a reflection of the coach.

Reactions: HtownMarty
So what. We beat a great Boise team. That atoned for the NM loss

The UTSA game showed Dimel football: [Fist half] Sometimes they could be efficient, move the ball, and make a believer that Dimel’s RPO was the greatest innovation in football since the forward pass. [Second half] UTEP can Barney Fife a game within two series. 1) Misuse the clock 2) Waste time out’s 3) Lose focus and commit TO’s to let an opponent back in a game. 4) One player (a lineman) can literally send UTEP from 1st & Goal to out of field goal range…..in the same series….from game one to the last game.

Wilson, would you put up with this from a research professor after five years. Would you put up with a professor who has not produced data, research, journalistic peer work within five years?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
The UTSA game showed Dimel football: [Fist half] Sometimes they could be efficient, move the ball, and make a believer that Dimel’s RPO was the greatest innovation in football since the forward pass. [Second half] UTEP can Barney Fife a game within two series. 1) Misuse the clock 2) Waste time out’s 3) Lose focus and commit TO’s to let an opponent back in a game. 4) One player (a lineman) can literally send UTEP from 1st & Goal to out of field goal range…..in the same series….from game one to the last game.

Wilson, would you put up with this from a research professor after five years. Would you put up with a professor who has not produced data, research, journalistic peer work within five years?
Wilson doesn't care. The first person that needs to go is Senter. He has brought absolutely nothing to the athletic department. UTEP is in worst shape now that they ever have been as a direct result of Senter's incompetence. Nothing will get better until Senter is gone.

So what. We beat a great Boise team. That atoned for the NM loss
Or, looking at it another way, the win against Boise and the 24 point lead we built against UTSA shows that we have the talent to be MUCH better than 5-7. Yet the Miners will be watching the bowl games on TV rather than going to one. Nah, you're right, we had one win against a good team this year, that more than makes up for not going bowling.

Wilson doesn't care. The first person that needs to go is Senter. He has brought absolutely nothing to the athletic department. UTEP is in worst shape now that they ever have been as a direct result of Senter's incompetence. Nothing will get better until Senter is gone.
The change of leadership has been a huge disappointment. In the end we just ended up with a Natalicio 2.0 and a Stull 2.0. Senter is going to be around as long as he wants, just like Stull.

Last edited:
Come on y'all Dimel might only be 13-40 vs FBS teams while at UTEP but he did finish one game above .500 once. That's good enough for Wilson, Senter, MinerFan79, and it should be good enough for the rest of us.

Come on y'all Dimel might only be 13-40 vs FBS teams while at UTEP but he did finish one game above .500 once. That's good enough for Wilson, Senter, MinerFan79, and it should be good enough for the rest of us.
Eventhough they are some of the highest paid employees at UTEP, you have to cut them a little slack. It's tougher than it looks maintaining the status quo year after year. We must have patience, and we know quick turnarounds aren't possible. Sports aren't a priority anyway. 😒

Last edited:
How do you figure he’s made it worse?

During his Tenure:

Season ticket sales for football and basketball are at all time lows.

Attendance for football and men's basketball is are at all time lows.

Donations are at an all time low.

Sponsorships are at an all time low.

Under his leadership we were left behind in conference realignment and passed by UTSA, UNT and Rice.

Under his leadership we are in the worst conference situation we've ever been in.

What would have been unthinkable 20 10 or 5 years ago has happened. NMSU has passed our athletic department by. They are in the poll position should the MWC want to expand. Senter is Mocia's lap dog.

There has been very little on filed success, despite the revenue sports having easier schedule than they've ever had.

Interest in UTEP has never been lower.

Senter has literally done nothing for UTEP athletics. He is the worst AD in FBS.

During his Tenure:

Season ticket sales for football and basketball are at all time lows.

Attendance for football and men's basketball is are at all time lows.

Donations are at an all time low.

Sponsorships are at an all time low.

Under his leadership we were left behind in conference realignment and passed by UTSA, UNT and Rice.

Under his leadership we are in the worst conference situation we've ever been in.

What would have been unthinkable 20 10 or 5 years ago has happened. NMSU has passed our athletic department by. They are in the poll position should the MWC want to expand. Senter is Mocia's lap dog.

There has been very little on filed success, despite the revenue sports having easier schedule than they've ever had.

Interest in UTEP has never been lower.

Senter has literally done nothing for UTEP athletics. He is the worst AD in FBS.
That’s a good point. A half decade of both together and if you boil it all down it’s hard to make the argument that UTEP is in a better position than they were 5 years ago. Granted we’re not winning 1 game a year but even at 5 wins we have plenty of ground to make up before we even consider ourselves as “also fans”

Reactions: FedupMiner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT