ADVERTISEMENT

El Pasoan Tony White

Reminds me of another great Tony White.

tony-joe-white-2.jpg

Reactions: minergabe
The circle of life. UNM hires Albuquerque native Danny Gonzalez to be the new head coach. The vacancy he leaves is filled by an El Pasoen.

I say we hire the best candidate available regardless of where they’re from.

I don’t see the UNM hire working out. He’s getting a five year guarantee at 700k annually. Similar contract to Dimel’s.

Burges High Grad Tony White just got promoted to Defensive Coordinator at ASU. He's coaching under Herm Edwards and is ascending pretty fast. Maybe UTEP can make a run at him in a couple of years.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...izona-state-defensive-coordinator/2706378001/
He's got two years to prove he's ready to be a cheap but effective replacement for Dimel. Hope he tears things up there, I would love for him to come home one day and lead the Miners....

He's got two years to prove he's ready to be a cheap but effective replacement for Dimel. Hope he tears things up there, I would love for him to come home one day and lead the Miners....

I remember people hoping we could make a run at Jeff Grimes years back. At the end of the day unless UTEP pays a ton of cash there’s no way these guys would come to UTEP. If you do a good job at BYU or ASU, you’re probably going to a better school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT