ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations (bball)

Willms' absence is going to hurt more than Harris' imo. I think we are fairly deep, and solid, at guard. Willms has always been a project. The longer you work on a project, the more complete said project becomes. I know he hasn't shown a whole lot his first two years, but he IS getting better as his career moves along. He may never be the dominant force we were hoping for but once he hits the court again, he will be solid. We are going to miss him this year, no doubt.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
It's really good to see and read some really good and different opinions about this year's team. And even though I'm more in the half full kind of guy about the team I can see the concerns of the other side of the coin.
But this has been a very good thread that has stayed on topic dispite different point of views.
I'm looking foward to this season and the first game can't come soon enough for me.

GO MINERS

It's really good to see and read some really good and different opinions about this year's team. And even though I'm more in the half full kind of guy about the team I can see the concerns of the other side of the coin.
But this has been a very good thread that has stayed on topic dispite different point of views.
I'm looking foward to this season and the first game can't come soon enough for me.

GO MINERS

Good post.

And I have to agree with you on the bolded statement.

Like USAF and MM, I am also bearish on this team (no pun intended!). It is too much to ask for a team with this many new parts to expect them to win a conf championship right out of the gate. It's not like we have the 2nd coming of the Fab Five here. In a year perhaps and definitely in 2017-18, we should be competing. Again, if the turnover bleeding is curbed. Just my dos centavos.....

No doubt that this team will have its ups and downs.
Everyone has their own points of view and they are good points.
We are speculating, so we shall see who is correct on their
pre-evaluation of the team
The way I see it. The low post is going to suffer the most.
I can bet that most of our turnover will be on fast breaks,
due to the reason that some play faster than others. They
will have to adjust or should I say jell-in.
I am going to say that we will be the runner up team.

Go miners..

No doubt that this team will have its ups and downs.
Everyone has their own points of view and they are good points.
We are speculating, so we shall see who is correct on their
pre-evaluation of the team
The way I see it. The low post is going to suffer the most.
I can bet that most of our turnover will be on fast breaks,
due to the reason that some play faster than others. They
will have to adjust or should I say jell-in.
I am going to say that we will be the runner up team.

Go miners..
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that on more than one occasion last year we were killed on the boards by smaller teams some of whom didn't have a genuine post player. I'm hoping that this years inside guys...Winn, Jones, Thomas and even Vint can collectively get it done. Last year Hunter and Lang were about as athletic as you can get and along with Wilmms we were usually pretty tough....so I guess we'll see

Reactions: develman
All I want is to win the conference tournament, and if this team can gel by February then I think we'll have as good of a shot as any other top team

The fact of the matter is as long as we're in cusa the regular season is irrelevant. The season wont start until March. Outside ODU and maybe UAB this conference is pretty weak. Its not unrealistic that we could win three games in a row in march and make the tournament. Any year we could win the tournament the field is weak. On the other hand there will be years we win 26 or 27 games and play in the nit because we dont win the conference tournament.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT