ADVERTISEMENT

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

If these are supposed to be politically neutral events, I'm not sure on what basis you would exclude them from consideration.
I would exclude Saudi’s joint bid due to it being another WC and the congestion with schedules in Europe and South America to an extent

True, but I'm pretty sure Qatar was selected based on payoffs.
FIFA corruption
shocked philip j fry GIF

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Pepi left out of Word Cup so he will have to stay home.
He had a great start, but then faded off into the sunset. Hopefully he can pick up the pace and be a big part of the next 3 1/2 years. Too bad he will miss the experience in Qatar.

He’s a good finisher but hasn’t created scoring opportunities for himself or others on the usmnt.

I was pulling for the EP connection though.
I wonder how the story would have unfolded if he had stayed in Frisco.

I don’t think any differently. Do you?
If his stats are similar to what they were last season I think he would be under greater consideration regardless of which team he plays for.

I think he moved to Europe a year or two early.

If his stats are similar to what they were last season I think he would be under greater consideration regardless of which team he plays for.

I think he moved to Europe a year or two early.
I don’t know. He may have made the move prematurely. However, I think him not making the squad has less to do with who he is playing his club ball for and more to do with how little he showed during his time with the USMNT. Granted, his first couple/few games, he produced a few goals and an assist or two. Since then he has been far from stellar. He doesn’t seem to be able to create scoring opps for himself or others. Add to that, the US has had trouble getting him the ball in front of the net so his opportunities to do what he does best, finish, have also diminished to near none. Just my .02 worth.

Reactions: axingfools1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT