ADVERTISEMENT

Floyd has resigned!

I already know who the interim coach is!!

Mike price :):);)
Hey Purple, I thought that he was here to stay. He wasn't going anywhere. Your I don't care, Floyd is king attitude just got destroyed. Any more great predictions for us?

Hey Purple, I thought that he was here to stay. He wasn't going anywhere. Your I don't care, Floyd is king attitude just got destroyed. Any more great predictions for us?

I was wrong not the first time or the last ... and if that's all you got from the things I said you have issues of your own

Reactions: El Paso 777
Isn't Timmy coaching in the NBA??? What do you all think of staying in the family tree (especially after fighting that all along in football an AD hiring)

Wanting to be a coach at the college level is a crazy kind of stress. If you're married with kids momma and kids have to buy in, especially the spouse.

But with Floyd the bank account is just fine. So that saves wear and tear.

But given his ego I didn't think he would pull the trigger.

I was wrong not the first time or the last ... and if that's all you got from the things I said you have issues of your own

I don't agree with a lot of your opinions, but I have to hand it to you that you stay mature and don't use stupid language like some people on here.

Channel 9 reported that Floyd said he was in good health. I doubt he would say otherwise.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/sp...utep-loses-coach-tim-floyd-retires/900318001/

Matt Willms, a sixth-year player now in graduate school, said quietly, "It's tough. It's tough. He's got a family and he's got to worry about his health. He's a great father, a great husband and a great coach. He's done a lot for this program and he's done a lot for me and my career.

Very interesting tweet. Imagine if UTEP was 5-1 and Floyd retired?

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account@GoodmanESPN 4h4 hours ago
Jeff Goodman Retweeted Jeff Goodman

More from Tim Floyd, whose Miners were 1-5 after the loss to Lamar tonight: "It would have happened even if we were 5-1. It's that time. I've had a lot of fun, but it's time for someone else to get to have this fun."

SJSU is in for one reason and one reason only and that is because of the TV market MWC wants to have a share in, no matter how big or small it may be. It is located in the heart of the top 10 of TV markets. San Jose, Oakland, San Francisco. They stink, but even a tiny sliver of those viewers is worth it.

Inside sources say that Floyd wanted to spend more time with his ailing grandmother....
Ailing grandmothers have this knack of being ok with in home care when you're 6-0 and shooting up the RPI ranks.

I, don't know. I don't mean to be coarse but that remark, while true, does not hold water. That's just like Trump saying the tax cut proposal he wants will fleece him and will not be good for him. Total BS.

Reactions: develman
There's not enough PURPLEFIRE in the world that could've helped save CTF's job.
And there weren't enough Asshole Fanaticoug's in the world to get him fired. He's gone because of health reasons. You trolls blowing each other off congratulating each other are pathetic.

And there weren't enough Asshole Fanaticoug's in the world to get him fired. He's gone because of health reasons. You trolls blowing each other off congratulating each other are pathetic.

**** you!

You're worse than PURPLE. You just hide out and lurk...and have your tantrums like a little ****ing kid. I don't wish ill health on anyone, but that doesn't change the fact that most of this board, including myself, can breathe a sigh of relief now that Floyd is gone.

Reactions: Vegasminer
I watched his speech after the game. At No point does he say that he is sick or that his health is bad. He said that he has been feeling bad for a few weeks which is vague and could mean anything. He resigned because he couldn't succeed at UTEP. He gave his reasons why.

Only later did he also say that he never spoke with Senter and that he would have left if the team was 5-1. Kinda lame but he wanted to shoot down any potential rumors. Unfortunatly the latter statement kinda contradicts the reasons in his speech.

Willms statement of CTF needing to take care of his health is just cliche. Now if we find out Floyd has some physical ailment then I will stand corrected.

Anyway it was time to go. Thanks for your effort Floyd and Johnson but your style didn't work at UTEP. Change has been a long time coming IMO.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt it would be Tim Hardaway, but that brings about a question -- is he "unhireable" as a head coach due to the controversy about the comment he made years ago?

I seriously doubt it would be Tim Hardaway, but that brings about a question -- is he "unhireable" as a head coach due to the controversy about the comment he made years ago?

It isn't going to be Hardaway, as cool as it would be.

To answer your question, I don't think that what Hardaway said in 07 would make him unhireable today...especially because he has repeatedly expressed remorse, has learned from it and is even an advocate for the LGBTQ community now.

It isn't going to be Hardaway, as cool as it would be.

To answer your question, I don't think that what Hardaway said in 07 would make him unhireable today...especially because he has repeatedly expressed remorse, has learned from it and is even an advocate for the LGBTQ community now.

It has kept him out of the HOF.

It has kept him out of the HOF.

Do you think that is the only thing that has kept him out? Maybe. I've read where the lack of a championship weighs in just as heavily. He's my favorite player ever...college or pro, and I'm not quite sure he belongs in the HOF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT