ADVERTISEMENT

Floyd has resigned!

It isn't going to be Hardaway, as cool as it would be.

To answer your question, I don't think that what Hardaway said in 07 would make him unhireable today...especially because he has repeatedly expressed remorse, has learned from it and is even an advocate for the LGBTQ community now.
Yes he did and good on him.

However, Hardaway would not make a good coach. Not a bad coach, but not a good one.

Porter is at Portland with McSwiggan. Is Porter a great coach? No. But he's not a bad one either. They can't get past Gonzaga or St. Mary's. They got clobbered by DePaul. They made DePaul look good.

Let's give the Miner legend/NBA thing a realistic scouring. For god sake, look what UNT and UTSA went through with their NBA coaches? Charlotte's not off to the chili red hot start as they hoped with their legendary NBA coach Mark Price the last two or three years. They barely got past High Point and Presbyterian within the past few days.

UTEP Fans: Go away Floyd!

Floyd: It’s time for me to go.

UTEP Fans: What a quitter! What a loser! He quit on his team!

He is a quitter and glad he went away. He did not contribute anything to the program. BG, Doc, and Barbee all did. Floyd will be remembered for playing in the weakest league in UTEP history and not winning a damn thing. Glad he's gone.

Yes he did and good on him.

However, Hardaway would not make a good coach. Not a bad coach, but not a good one.

Porter is at Portland with McSwiggan. Is Porter a great coach? No. But he's not a bad one either. They can't get past Gonzaga or St. Mary's. They got clobbered by DePaul. They made DePaul look good.

Let's give the Miner legend/NBA thing a realistic scouring. For god sake, look what UNT and UTSA went through with their NBA coaches? Charlotte's not off to the chili red hot start as they hoped with their legendary NBA coach Mark Price the last two or three years. They barely got past High Point and Presbyterian within the past few days.

Just curious, did you read my whole post? Hardaway will not be UTEP's next head coach. I have no idea what kind of coach he would turn out to be. I only said it would be cool for reasons to do with nostalgia. Because he is my favorite player...blah blah blah.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Just curious, did you read my whole post? Hardaway will not be UTEP's next head coach. I have no idea what kind of coach he would turn out to be. I only said it would be cool for reasons to do with nostalgia. Because he is my favorite player...blah blah blah.
Yes I did. My whole point is the NBA to D1 college coaching is not productive.

**** you!

You're worse than PURPLE. You just hide out and lurk...and have your tantrums like a little ****ing kid. I don't wish ill health on anyone, but that doesn't change the fact that most of this board, including myself, can breathe a sigh of relief now that Floyd is gone.
Yes, wipe your mouth A-hole and breath a sigh of relief. And I don't hide out and lurk. I just don't don't spend hours and hours trolling negative shit like you do. Get a life.

Yes, wipe your mouth A-hole and breath a sigh of relief. And I don't hide out and lurk. I just don't don't spend hours and hours trolling negative shit like you do. Get a life.

Hey dumbazz, if you're so annoyed, why haven't you made use of the ignore function? Won't hurt my feelings at all. In fact I used it for the first time ever, myself, just the other day and it's been wonderful. Give it a try instead of spreading your vile contempt for those who disagree with your Pollyanna bullshit. Have a good evening. Maybe that'll be the last I hear from you?

Reactions: El Paso 777
Hey dumbazz, if you're so annoyed, why haven't you made use of the ignore function? Won't hurt my feelings at all. In fact I used it for the first time ever, myself, just the other day and it's been wonderful. Give it a try instead of spreading your vile contempt for those who disagree with your Pollyanna bullshit. Have a good evening. Maybe that'll be the last I hear from you?

damn fanati....I thought you were a mellow dude....

Keep up your trolling and you'll hear from me. Well, maybe not until we have new head coaches in Football and basketball and you start your assholeness again.

Keep up your trolling and you'll hear from me. Well, maybe not until we have new head coaches in Football and basketball and you start your assholeness again.

Stay on your toes. You might have to call me out again if we wind up with Kugs and Floyd 2.0 versions. For now though, all I can taste is the sweet nectar of hope...and it's glorious!

Johnson just said on the news that he hopes Floyd comes back. Just goes to show how unaware he is of most fans wanting Floyd gone..What happens if Johnson turns the ship around and these guys win the CUSA tourney?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
We have finally gotten rid of our 3 problems. Kugler, Stull and Floyd. The only trolling was done by you Vegas, and now you don't have anyone to shill for. Yes, we know Floyd was on the pinnacle of winning CUSA, and Price coming back had you so excited because to you, he should have never been gone in the first place.
We can finally move on from the dementia that you and Purple have, and finally start the rebuilding process.

I watched his speech after the game. At No point does he say that he is sick or that his health is bad.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/sp...utep-loses-coach-tim-floyd-retires/900318001/

Matt Willms, a sixth-year player now in graduate school, said quietly, "It's tough. It's tough. He's got a family and he's got to worry about his health. He's a great father, a great husband and a great coach. He's done a lot for this program and he's done a lot for me and my career.

Do you think that is the only thing that has kept him out? Maybe. I've read where the lack of a championship weighs in just as heavily. He's my favorite player ever...college or pro, and I'm not quite sure he belongs in the HOF.

Mitch Richmond, Chris Mullin, Donn Nelson and Sarunas Marciulionus are all in!

He left because of health problems. It was even stated he was going to leave whether UTEP was 1-5 or 5-1.
Do you normally believe everything head coaches say? During the press conference after the Army loss Kugler said he wasn’t giving up on the team. The following day he resigned.

He left because of health problems. It was even stated he was going to leave whether UTEP was 1-5 or 5-1.
Oh well thanks for clarifying, but I'm pretty sure my post was clear and I listened to the same retirement speech you did.

Oh well thanks for clarifying, but I'm pretty sure my post was clear and I listened to the same retirement speech you did.

Just look at Floyd since he arrived. The pressure he felt manifested itself in his health. He looks tired and defeated. I wish him well and hope he finds peace. Always and forever a Miner.

I did too, but just posted what I saw on Twitter saying he was going to leave whether they were winning or losing.
I think you're a little naive if you think he retired due to health issues. The timing makes no sense whatsoever. He pulled the plug 2 minutes after getting run out of his own gym by a Southland team. If he had some medical issues that forced him to retire, why even go through a meaningless game in November? Maybe his health was a consideration, but I doubt it was the main reason. And as far as "I would have left if we were 1-5 or we were 5-1"...that's a lot easier to say when you're 1-5 than when you're 5-1.

Do you normally believe everything head coaches say? During the press conference after the Army loss Kugler said he wasn’t giving up on the team. The following day he resigned.

No, but at this point I really don't care why he's gone. Multiple people have said he left for health reasons, so I will just have to go with that.

I think you're a little naive if you think he retired due to health issues. The timing makes no sense whatsoever. He pulled the plug 2 minutes after getting run out of his own gym by a Southland team. If he had some medical issues that forced him to retire, why even go through a meaningless game in November? Maybe his health was a consideration, but I doubt it was the main reason. And as far as "I would have left if we were 1-5 or we were 5-1"...that's a lot easier to say when you're 1-5 than when you're 5-1.

I agree with you.

Stress will exacerbate any issue. Hell, it'll even create issues. CTF definitely looks fatigued and outta gas. Running on empty too long can make someone sick. I think he realized "it" isn't gonna happen this year and that he'd pay a price to see the season through but could mitigate it by getting out now.

It makes perfect sense to me and what's the point in lying? He has nothing to gain.

My guess is he had a talk with his family during Thanksgiving and they asked him to retire because they knew he was stressed out and worried it could get worse. My guess is he said he felt he could still get the job done. Obviously he couldn't and he felt that the stress wasn't worth it.

It makes perfect sense to me and what's the point in lying? He has nothing to gain.

My guess is he had a talk with his family during Thanksgiving and they asked him to retire because they knew he was stressed out and worried it could get worse. My guess is he said he felt he could still get the job done. Obviously he couldn't and he felt that the stress wasn't worth it.
naturally YOU take the side of Floyd now so you can argue...I'm SHOCKED!

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT