ADVERTISEMENT

Floyd not going anywhere

SodaPopinski

Starter
Silver Member
Mar 16, 2014
Listening to Stull talk about the basketball program in Kappy's show. This dude loves Floyd more than allminer loves UTEP. He said NCAA tournament appearances are not how he will evaluate Floyd. So there's that.
This post was edited on 3/18 7:29 PM by SodaPopinski

***Stull: He said NCAA tournament appearances are not how he will evaluate Floyd.***

I applaud Stull for giving EP Chih & others from the Fire Floyd Camp the proverbial middle finger on this issue.Get along, or, get along.

Third time you reference me as a Homer. Sorry to see my love for UTEP wears on you so much. I'm not so delusional as to think multiple fire Floyd threads on this little old board was going to change Stull's mind. Apparently you were thinking it would be. Crazy!

Originally posted by SodaPopinski:

He said NCAA tournament appearances are not how he will evaluate Floyd.
Wow! So how will he be evaluated then?

That's like saying a salesperson isn't evaluated on how many sales he/she makes or that's like a teacher not evaluated on his/her student's success.

Originally posted by UTEPy79:
***Stull: He said NCAA tournament appearances are not how he will evaluate Floyd.***

I applaud Stull for giving EP Chih & others from the Fire Floyd Camp the proverbial middle finger on this issue.Get along, or, get along.
You applaud Stull for not evaluating Floyd based on UTEP's appearances in the Big Dance? Wow!

You want us to get along with an athletic director who evaluates his coaches poorly? No thanks. I'll always support UTEP, but Stull's comments are ludicrous.

Is it really that difficult for you to read an opinion that differs from yours without trying to be insulting? In my line of work, that's often considered a sign of insecurity. So some people want him gone. Big deal! It's just a point of view and we won't know if that opinion would hold water because Floyd isn't going anywhere anytime soon for us to find out. But don't be so sure that you're position is absolute because we will have the opportunity to find that out.

This post was edited on 3/18 8:09 PM by tbleslie

Originally posted by tbleslie:

Is it really that difficult for you to read an opinion that differs from yours without trying to be insulting? In my line of work, that's often considered a sign of insecurity. So some people want him gone. Big deal! It's just a point of view and we won't know if that opinion would hold water because Floyd isn't going anywhere anytime soon for us to find out. But don't be so sure that you're position is absolute because we will have the opportunity to find that out.

Exactly! I don't understand some people on here. If you disagree with them, they cry and call you names, claim you're not a Miner fan, etc. Fortunately most people are cool on here, but some just seem to cry when somebody doesn't agree with them.

Is anyone surprised? I mean UTEP doesn't need any more bad press... Lately they keep putting themselves in a pickle...

We all know Floyd aint going anywhere until he gets snatched up, or decides to retire. If he can land a solid PG, we might all eat crow next season... Hopefully.

1) Stull sounds like Darby will have to face the music with the basketball program is how he sound he will deal with the problem. He didn't mince his words, and said Darby screwed up big time. He said they are upset with him, especially Hunter and his mother and rightfully so. I think some forgiveness and a nice spring BBQ is needed to mend some fences.

2) Stull made a good points. One, he's won over 20 games per year almost every year. Two, CUSA is more competitive than perceived and the WAC second place won just 17 games. Third, attrition of (point) guards. Three, season ticket holders overwhelming support Floyd is Stull's opinion. Four, Stull personally and honestly believes Floyd will get UTEP to the NCAA's......and win games in the dance because of his proven record.

3)Don't shoot the messenger.

Darby's made one hell of mess is his concern.

This post was edited on 3/18 8:27 PM by utep2step

Is it really that difficult for you to read an
opinion that differs from yours without trying to be insulting? In my
line of work, that's often considered a sign of insecurity. So some
people want him gone. Big deal! It's just a point of view and we won't
know if that opinion would hold water because Floyd isn't going anywhere
anytime soon for us to find out. But don't be so sure that you're
position is absolute because we will have the opportunity to find that
out.

Very funny psycho-babble. At least you have Chiwacko convinced. Keep it up!

Originally posted by El Paso Chihuahuas:

Exactly! I don't understand some people on here. If you disagree with them, they cry and call you names, claim you're not a Miner fan, etc. Fortunately most people are cool on here, but some just seem to cry when somebody doesn't agree with them.
Where was the name calling in this thread chi?

out.

haha Psycho-babble? Is that all you have? Who's convincing who? Nobody convinced me that Floyd needs to go- Floyd not getting UTEP to the Big Dance in 5 years years straight and losing to poor teams convinced me.

You need to learn how to debate without calling people names and without being immature.

Originally posted by allminer:
Originally posted by El Paso Chihuahuas:

Where was the name calling in this thread chi?
I meant in general. You know what I'm talking about. Fortunately, the few people who do that are gone and only a few remain.

Not shooting the messenger, but from the different forums I'm on and the different Miner fans I've talked to in person, it seems to me that Floyd's approval rating is about 50%, give or take a few percentage points either way. It may seem like his approval rating is higher than it really is due to people continuing to show up for games and support the team. True Miner fans will always be true Miner fans and will always bleed orange, regardless of who is coaching.

Chi...you do remember saying before the year started that you said you were expecting an NCAA appearance, but at minimum an NIT would buy Floyd another year in your eyes? Why the change?

out.

See, there you go again. Nothing of substance. Well done. I've been a Miner fan far more years than CTF has been involved with the team, either as an assistant, a head coach or both combined. I've been through the good times and the bad, and I'm still here. Call it psychobabble or you can call it bullshit for all I care, but disapproving of Floyd in no way equals fair weather, or bandwagon fan. That might be hard for you to comprehend.

Chi...you do remember saying before the year started that you said you were expecting an NCAA appearance, but at minimum an NIT would buy Floyd another year in your eyes? Why the change?
Losses to Southern Miss, etc. for one- losing to teams they shouldn't be losing to.

Okay, just asking. At least you copped to making that statement.

This post was edited on 3/18 8:56 PM by allminer

Third time you reference me as a Homer. Sorry to see my love for UTEP wears on you so much. I'm not so delusional as to think multiple fire Floyd threads on this little old board was going to change Stull's mind. Apparently you were thinking it would be. Crazy!

Just teasing you man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT