ADVERTISEMENT

From bums to heros in 15 minutes

What a comeback! Just great heart by the team. Could have been a huge bummer. I'm still really pissed at Stull for scheduling 3 games on the road to start the year and only 5 home games. We are the only team in the country that started it's first 3 games on the road. Got to keep Metz in as long as we keep getting some run-pass balance back in the game. My DVR stopped recording so thank God I was able to watch it live. Way to go Miners!

Weird thing is, before the 2:00 mark last night, the talk of a bowl game was out of the question. I'm trying to temper my expectations because we're talking NMSU. But, assuming the coaching staff doesn't put us in a (forgive the UT reference) Major Applewhite-Chris Simms situation, we can get something like we got from Metz last night, and the defense improves like it did last year, we might be able to get there. We have 9 games left. Rice and La Tech are probably losses. But, the other 7 (IW, UTSA, FIU, FAU, USM, UNT, and ODU) are at least winnable.

easy Tiger... Let's beat Word first :) Even before last night, I figured surely they would get their act together... During the game I thought NO WAY in hell... Metz comes in and our whole world got flipped... Please Kugler do the right thing, don't give us bologna about how Leftwich is the starter and yada yada... Metz needs to be the man, no butts about it... Yes most fans have complained, and yes most of us have no clue how to run a program... But it's obvious, i'll take Metz 1 BIG mistake over leftwichs dinky passes or getting tipped at least once a game... anyday.

Woah, I'm usually a glass half full type of guy...but not there yet after these first three games.

Reactions: develman
Hey, I did put a bunch of qualifiers in there! When you look at it, though, despite how bad we've played, we should be where we thought we'd be 4 games into the season (2-2). Southern Miss has improved from last year. I don't know how much UTSA or UNT have. The FUs seem to always be beatable. I'm not saying to start buying your tickets, but there's a lot more hope than there was 24 hours ago.

I've watched UTSA's first three games. They looked good against Arizona, sloppy against K-State, and like a beat up team against OK State yesterday. They have Colorado State this week. Their tank may be empty when they get here.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT