ADVERTISEMENT

Golden Turkey #1. Game, OPT & Attendance

groundrounds

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2017
The Mountains of New Mexico
UC Riverside tomorrow at 7 pm. CUSA TV, etc.

I just read on UTEPMiners.com that Sibley is shooting 75% so far this year. Wow. When is the last time that happened?
PURE STROKE
UTEP is nailing 46.9 percent from the floor to rate third in the league and 98th in the nation. Six different Miners are connecting on at least 50.0 percent from the field (min. eight attempts), with Jamari Sibley topping the team at 75.0 percent (6-8)

Folks, this is the best OOC team UTEP is facing tonight. Our focus was all on NMSU, who will win the meatless WAC, but UCR will crowd the lead in a solid, solid Big West Conference field, well the top half. Big West is way more competitive than CUSA. UCR lost to a very, very good SDSU and San Diego team. This will not be pretty for Golding as he loses to that good unknown mid major out west that will leave El Pasoan’s saying tonight, “We lost to a DII school?!!”. Pacific was not a good team, UCR is. A team from “Box Springs Mountains” in Califas is going to lay some wood on UTEP hardwood.

UCR 87
UTEP 69

Lets just say it, "I expect the Miners to win this game"
We tend to over think this game. Our only problem is our inside game. look for a tight game but winning 75 to 71.
its goin' to be a barn burner tonight.
expect 7500 at the game...

Folks, this is the best OOC team UTEP is facing tonight. Our focus was all on NMSU, who will win the meatless WAC, but UCR will crowd the lead in a solid, solid Big West Conference field, well the top half. Big West is way more competitive than CUSA. UCR lost to a very, very good SDSU and San Diego team. This will not be pretty for Golding as he loses to that good unknown mid major out west that will leave El Pasoan’s saying tonight, “We lost to a DII school?!!”. Pacific was not a good team, UCR is. A team from “Box Springs Mountains” in Califas is going to lay some wood on UTEP hardwood.

UCR 87
UTEP 69
I agree this team is better than Pacific, but you way over hyped them and San Diego! SDSU is really good, SD I don't think will be higher than 5th in the WCC this year. If we lose by almost 20 like you say at home to this team, we're alot farther back than most think. It should be closer and UC Riverside won't be scared since they won at ASU. It'll be a learning experience for the Miners and Golding.
UTEP 68
UC Riverside 73 hope I'm wrong though!
6,008 on a Monday

Reactions: FeralFelidae

UCR 87
UTEP 69
You're putting way too much stock into Riverside's buzzer beater over Arizona St. We dominated ASU last season and it didn't really amount to anything. This is certainly not the best ooc team we'll face this year. We still have to go play at #3 Kansas.

You're putting way too much stock into Riverside's buzzer beater over Arizona St. We dominated ASU last season and it didn't really amount to anything. This is certainly not the best ooc team we'll face this year. We still have to go play at #3 Kansas.
I just realized that he said UC Riverside is better than Kansas!!!???? Lol 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: T-6 Miner
You can come and talk shit after the game to him, like you do to me. But you won’t

You can come and talk shit after the game to him, like you do to me. But you won’t
Difference is his first post after the game we'll be to admit he was wrong about the outcome. Your first posts are to tell us we shouldn't be happy with Golding yet, and I'm making such a bold prediction picking us to beat NMSU at home.

Difference is his first post after the game we'll be to admit he was wrong about the outcome. Your first posts are to tell us we shouldn't be happy with Golding yet, and I'm making such a bold prediction picking us to beat NMSU at home.

Golding has coached 4 games and against 2 real teams. Is a basketball coach coaching 2 games a good indicator of the rest of his stay?

Golding has coached 4 games and against 2 real teams. Is a basketball coach coaching 2 games a good indicator of the rest of his stay?
One can already start seeing the difference in coaching philosophy, defensive intensity, and certain players clear improvement from last year with Terry to this year with Golding. Imo it's a fair statement to make.

Reactions: Dmanminer
I think it's way too early to tell. I'll wait til conference to express my full thoughts of Golding. What I do really like is how this team gets in the passing lanes and gets alot of steals. They need to work on their fast break though to get more points off those steals. Kennedy needs to find his place. He's too good, to not be scoring at least 10+ a game. I like Golding's energy and adjustments and how he will take out a player quick if he sees they're getting beat.

I think it's way too early to tell. I'll wait til conference to express my full thoughts of Golding. What I do really like is how this team gets in the passing lanes and gets alot of steals. They need to work on their fast break though to get more points off those steals. Kennedy needs to find his place. He's too good, to not be scoring at least 10+ a game. I like Golding's energy and adjustments and how he will take out a player quick if he sees they're getting beat.
Nope. 2 games.

Rodney Terry was 8-1 in December of 2019 and there were people on here, already talking about him being the next head coach at Texas.

Now you just need games vs NMSU, Pacific, and 2 scrub teams to say Golding is going to be great!!!

Nope. 2 games.

Rodney Terry was 8-1 in December of 2019 and there were people on here, already talking about him being the next head coach at Texas.

Now you just need games vs NMSU, Pacific, and 2 scrub teams to say Golding is going to be great!!!
The funny thing is no one said that. This was the comment you replied to...

"Overall, much happier with Golding as a coach. Terry could recruit - let’s see if Golding gets there."

Like I said your sole purpose is to criticize others opinions.

Reactions: picks up
The funny thing is no one said that. This was the comment you replied to...

"Overall, much happier with Golding as a coach. Terry could recruit - let’s see if Golding gets there."

Like I said your sole purpose is to criticize others opinions.
You don’t do that?

No Boum or Agnew tonight according to Adrian Broaddus

No much of a scouting report and absolutely zero analysis. Just stats that a 5-year old could have picked off of ESPN, CBS Sports, Yahoo Sports, etc. He might as well have just said "Boum and Agnew are out." That's the only "news" in there. I'll at least be thankful for that since I would not have known otherwise.

Let the speculations begin. What did they do?
So I guess from 630 miles away I can imagine it's another UTEP hush-hush situation and I can't hear a thing from here. Seems like it doesn't matter who's runnin the show, Terry, Floyd, Senter; there's always gonna be high drama with UTEP athletics.

The drama is only as high as you make it, this early in the year. With our best offensive and defensive players on the bench, it'll force others to step up. We have a talented bench waiting to contribute.
This is gonna be fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: shyminer81
The drama is only as high as you make it, this early in the year. With our best offense on the bench, it'll force others to step up. We have a talented bench waiting to contribute.
This is gonna be fun!
You are correct sir!
I shouldn't have spoken so early without giving the issue time to be explained and resolved.
My bad and my apologies. I was so hopeful of a nice season and was alarmed at the bad news. Maybe as someone said, this will be an opportunity for Saterfield and White.
GO MINERS!

Reactions: groundrounds
You are correct sir!
I shouldn't have spoken so early without giving the issue time to be explained and resolved.
My bad and my apologies. I was so hopeful of a nice season and was alarmed at the bad news. Maybe as someone said, this will be an opportunity for Saterfield and White.
GO MINERS!
Last time I heard news like that, we lost 3-4 of our guards and had to roll out jumbo lineups for the entire year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT