ADVERTISEMENT

Gut Check Game

Tribalwarriorx

All Star
Mar 20, 2013
Rivalry or not, this was a gut check game for the Miners. Lose, and the flushing sound was going to be their season. Win, and suddenly the impossible becomes possible. So what did we learn.

1. There are other RBs who are just as capable.
2. The defense can actually stop somebody when they want to.
3. The Miners do have a two minute drill.
4. Metz is a better passer than Leftwich. (And so is Simpson for that matter)
5. The defense still needs work.
6. The offense moves better when balanced.
7. Defense needs to become better tacklers in space.
8. Higgins is still a crap play caller. (Nothing new, just another in a long list of questionable play calling)
9. Officiating was suspect on both sides.

Leftwich, I'm guessing will be under the concussion protocol. That was a wicked hit he took and I was surprised their wasn't a flag thrown. Metz came in and suddenly it was a passing frenzy (not quite, but considering how few times they've actually thrown that ball, it was a frenzy).

The defense started getting pressure, but holy cow, it took them forever to get that going. Aggies went trips left and ran it up the middle. Stoker better scheme for that cause it's on film. I wouldn't be surprised if someone doesn't work that into their playbook.

Good win. But now is not the time to go back to the three yards and a cloud of dust philosophy. The offense works better with balance. They should build on that going forward.

I didn't watch the game, but it looks like this team is going to really struggle this year. Everyone's excited about the win, but we had to get it last second....and in OT... against the worst team in college football.

If we let NMSU put up 40+ on us, that's cause for concern...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT