ADVERTISEMENT

Harry Flournoy

Cd66A9qUsAEVlaB.jpg

Rest in peace Mr. Flournoy. Thank you for your contribution to El Paso and to Texas Western College. Long live the 1966 Miners!

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Rest in peace, #44. Prayers and condolences to the Flournoy Family and friends .

Harry Flournoy was a great Miner. I'm saddened by this news.

okay here comes a stupid question. How can the magazine be in color and the game was in black and white? When did T.V start being in color?
Sales of color televisions did not exceed those of black and white until 1972. Color television was available by the mid-60's. My pop did not buy one until 1973, me and my sisters were ecstatic.

Very sad to hear. I met him a few times over the last few years and the last time in 2013 when he was inducted into the UTEP athletic hall of fame.

They had a very short tribute to him before the national anthem at the football game. I imagine he'll get another mention at the basketball game next week.

Reactions: allminer
I met Harry Flournoy at an alumni event in LA several years ago, back when I lived in San Diego. When I was introduced to him I was in awe: here was this guy who, in my eyes, was larger than life, a true legend. I was fortunate enough to sit at the same table during the event, and I discovered something else: he was a great guy and a true gentlemen. It was fascinating to talk to him all night not only about the '66 team, but the '64 team, which both he and Coach Haskins have said might have been even better. Meeting, and talking with, him is an honor and a pleasure that I will never forget. He will be missed. My prayers are with his family.

I really hope that SweetLou is able to come on the board and share his thoughts on the passing of this Miner legend. He and Harry Flournoy were friends.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT