ADVERTISEMENT

HeroSports.com: Can UTEP buyout Dimel's contract?

I can see some truth to this rumor considering Heather Wilson is the new President and her being pro athletics. Maybe she hasn't liked what she has seen from Dimel and wants change ASAP. Senter can be pro Dimel all he wants, but if his boss wants change, change will happen. And the 2.1 million buyout is very doable. The boosters throw in some cash and Wilson authorizes reallocation of some $$$$, and we are looking for a new HC.

If all that happens do we trust Senter to hire another football coach? He already had a chance to make a statement hire and completely took a shit on it.

If all that happens do we trust Senter to hire another football coach? He already had a chance to make a statement hire and completely took a shit on it.

Good question. Not sure. His first hire has shown that perhaps we can’t trust him to make a good decision. Then again, sometimes all we need is a second chance. We better hope we can trust him because Wilson definitely ain’t getting rid of both of them...yet.

Maybe Senter felt obligated to hire Dimel because he has some vid of Senter at Foxy’s...I kid. I kid.

It really tells you a lot about the gaps between the haves and the have nots. There are reports that FSU was able to raise 20 million to cover Willie Taggart’s buyout.

If you have successful sports teams, you generally draw more students to the school. Florida State has had a successful football program for a long time, making more alumni and greater chance of highly successful ones.

How many ex-UTEP students from Juarez have given to the football program? Probably between 0-5%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT