ADVERTISEMENT

Hilarious UTEP Headlines

UTEP05

All Star
Sep 20, 2016
MINERS RETURN HOME TO BATTLE DANGEROUS SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

SE Louisiana lost 93-76 to Tulane. I guess they are "dangerous" because they beat Southern-New Orleans, LSU-Alexandria, Millsaps College, Jackson State, and Xavier of Louisiana. :rolleyes:

Reactions: CubsFan81
MINERS RETURN HOME TO BATTLE DANGEROUS SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

SE Louisiana lost 93-76 to Tulane. I guess they are "dangerous" because they beat Southern-New Orleans, LSU-Alexandria, Millsaps College, Jackson State, and Xavier of Louisiana. :rolleyes:

Where did you come upon this headline?

I see it as an attempt to market the game. If they didn't attempt to do that you would be all over it, wouldn't you? Besides, at this point, most of the teams coming into the Don should be considered at least a threat. When UTEP starts blowing out teams they are expected to beat then maybe it would be silly to call them dangerous.

But they are dangerous........Found this in the NO TimesPIC......

.....Swords, Bullet Proof Vests, Numchucks and Puggle Sticks are not what you would commonly expect to find in a college basketball teams luggage but that is what was found last night as the SELA Lions entered Fogelman Area. Security personnel who were conducting a routine search found these items contained in all the team bags as the Lions entered the area to prepare for the 7PM tipoff against the Green Wave. The game was not delayed but afterward, coach Jay Ladner explained that he and his assistant coaches use martial arts in their pre-game warmups and at practice and the items found by security were in actuality martial arts props."It was a misunderstanding" Coach Ladner explained. He is a KENDO expert uses many components of the martial arts sport to train his team. "The swords were not edged, the bullet-proof vest were protection provided by the sport which involves ritual sword play........ ":D

Reactions: UTEP05
Coog..ummm, why? Stop feeding them.

What can I say? I'm a humanitarian.;)

Provided they are the same person, UTEP05's personality is more agreeable than chihuahua's. He's more...um...domesticated now it appears.

In addition, I was simply amazed by the headline UTEP athletics threw out there, and couldn't help myself.

Let's be honest - what we really want the headline to say is:

"Miners Return Home to kick SE La's ass!" No "lion"!

The scatological language and the incredibly awful pun would swamp the Don with fans. For sure.

lieb

LOL!

"" A meaner breed!" (from the Bailey days) of Miners return to play SELA" would perhaps work also?

Reactions: Cube Jack
Anyone old enough to remember the aforementioned " A Meaner Breed" football team? I believe that team went 0-6 before beating Utah and finishing 1-11. I THINK it was a David Lee team though.

Anyone old enough to remember the aforementioned " A Meaner Breed" football team? I believe that team went 0-6 before beating Utah and finishing 1-11. I THINK it was a David Lee team though.

Yes, I remember the Meaner Breed Campaign. It was around 1992 or 1993, which would have been during David Lee's time here. I remember that I liked the TV Commercial, it started by moving down a hallway with some media members shown on both sides, and then some barking/growling dogs were behind the UTEP Football Locker Room doors that were at the end of the hall. It wasn't the greatest thing, but at least it showed some effort by UTEP Marketing.
I was in middle school at that time, and after we started that season poorly(as usual), I remember some of my friends(who knew that I was a big UTEP fan), had written "a wiener breed" about 10 times on one of my notebooks.

Last edited:
Yes, I remember the Meaner Breed Campaign. It was around 1992 or 1993, which would have been during David Lee's time here. I remember that I liked the TV Commercial, it started by moving down a hallway with some media members shown on both sides, and then some barking/growling dogs were behing the UTEP locker room doors that were at the end of the hall. It wasn't the greatest thing, but at least it showed some effort by UTEP Marketing.
I was in middle school at that time, and after we started that season poorly(as usual), I remember some of my friends(who knew that I was a big UTEP fan), had written "a wiener breed" about 10 times on one of my notebooks.

UTEP should hashtag that shit up, recycle it and bring it back. We need some marketing ideas that will spark some energy into this deteriorating fb program. It is a breath or two away from being on life support. This program has become a mirror image of Stull...soulless and half dead.

Then you don't have sense PERIOD. I cannot laugh about a humiliating defeat like this. How can you if you your really Miner fan?

For somebody that called out somebody for having sense, I would make sure I first know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Reactions: MinerManiac
For somebody that called out somebody for having sense, I would make sure I first know the difference between "your" and "you're".
My post was made "after" the game dimwit... because I was not finding anything to be feeling jovial about. My God .....Miner Maniac, who has been absent forever has come out of the woodwork to pick on me because he's found something he likes. Now it's a grammar contest? What did I do to get the ire of the Maniac himself?

My post was made "after" the game dimwit... because I was not finding anything to be feeling jovial about. My God .....Miner Maniac, who has been absent forever has come out of the woodwork to pick on me because he's found something he likes. Now it's a grammar contest? What did I do to get the ire of the Maniac himself?

Thanks for the name calling. You sound mature!

awww Somebody is picking on you on a message board. LOL!!!

Thanks for the name calling. You sound mature!

awww Somebody is picking on you on a message board. LOL!!!
Your initial response to my post at 9:13 PM was senseless because my comment was based on my awful feelings about the game's outcome; not based on your original topic (which I agreed with). I think you enjoyed calling out my grammatical booboo. I should have edited it before it got sent. It should have read, "you are"; not "you your". I think I am pretty mature, since my 80th birthday is coming up soon. My comment to Maniac was made because his posts over the years have been so deep and informative and made with such sincerity that I found it curious that he would pop up from oblivion to bother with posting a "like" because I made a typo. His posts generally deal with more substantial content than something so mundane.
Bottom line... I'm sick about the state of affairs with Miner basketball.

Your initial response to my post at 9:13 PM was senseless because my comment was based on my awful feelings about the game's outcome; not based on your original topic (which I agreed with). I think you enjoyed calling out my grammatical booboo. I should have edited it before it got sent. It should have read, "you are"; not "you your". I think I am pretty mature, since my 80th birthday is coming up soon. My comment to Maniac was made because his posts over the years have been so deep and informative and made with such sincerity that I found it curious that he would pop up from oblivion to bother with posting a "like" because I made a typo. His posts generally deal with more substantial content than something so mundane.
Bottom line... I'm sick about the state of affairs with Miner basketball.

Being older doesn't equal being mature. I know many people who are in their 40's, 50's, 60's, etc. who are not mature. At least you were around when UTEP last won a bowl game!!

I only call people out when they call out me. I don't correct people unless I am being called out.

This isn't the first time you acted very immature: "Loser UTEP05 is the only legit negative Nancy or Floyd Hater to post on the game. When we win there's a hushhhhhh"

Unlike you, I don't care what people say on a message and just laugh when people call me out (especially when they don't know who to write properly). Have a wonderful 80th birthday and hope you make it to 100!!

Last edited:
Being older doesn't equal being mature. I know many people who are in their 40's, 50's, 60's, etc. who are not mature. At least you were around when UTEP last won a bowl game!!

I only call people out when they call out me. I don't correct people unless I am being called out.

This isn't the first time you acted very immature: "Loser UTEP05 is the only legit negative Nancy or Floyd Hater to post on the game. When we win there's a hushhhhhh"

Unlike you, I don't care what people say on a message and just laugh when people call me out (especially when they don't know who to write properly). Have a wonderful 80th birthday and hope you make it to 100!!

Like this?

Reactions: miner1liner
Being older doesn't equal being mature. I know many people who are in their 40's, 50's, 60's who are not mature. At least you were around when UTEP last won a bowl game.

Like this?

Like what? I don't call people losers, but Mr. 79 likes too.

Lets see here...."I only call people out when they call out me"? What kind of grammar would that be? The reason I referenced you as "loser"is because loser is negative term and your entire dialogue is negative. If you've ever posted anything positive about UTEP, I must have missed it. Regarding age and it's relation to maturity; how old might you be and are you mature?
Go Miners! Although they quite honestly are going the wrong way.

Lets see here...."I only call people out when they call out me"? What kind of grammar would that be? The reason I referenced you as "loser"is because loser is negative term and your entire dialogue is negative. If you've ever posted anything positive about UTEP, I must have missed it. Regarding age and it's relation to maturity; how old might you be and are you mature?
Go Miners! Although they quite honestly are going the wrong way.

I've posted many things positive about UTEP. Unfortunately, recently there is not many positive things to post about. I'm about 50 years younger than you and I'm mature and don't call people losers for stating their opinions. I honestly thought you were a lot younger than me by the way you post.

I'm sorry - is there something under "Terms and Conditions" for this site that requires us to post only positive comments about UTEP sports? (I confess I'm probably one of the two or three people who never actually read the T&C when I'm joining a site, so I am often woefully uninformed.)

At any rate, it has been a true joy to see a topic hijacked so badly that even I felt the need to comment on it.

Oh - and all you are pernicious fart-shooting bumblef*cks who probably harvest dog and cat poop and sell it on eBay as bootleg Miracle-Gro.

(Needed to get the name calling done as well).

Hi-yo, Silver! Away!

lieb

Last edited:
Reactions: develman and UTEP05

??????? miner1liner, this is my first post in this thread, I never called you out for anything. And for what it's worth, I understood completely where you were going with the "I'm not laughing" comment.

??????? miner1liner, this is my first post in this thread, I never called you out for anything. And for what it's worth, I understood completely where you were going with the "I'm not laughing" comment.
Maniac...I was referring to your " like" posted on Utep05's comment about me not being able to differentiate between"your" and "you're". I appreciate your response and happy that you got my drift.
Whatever it takes.....Go Miners!

Maniac...I was referring to your " like" posted on Utep05's comment about me not being able to differentiate between"your" and "you're". I appreciate your response and happy that you got my drift.
Whatever it takes.....Go Miners!

Okay, I see now. I read this site on my phone, and, sometimes, when scrolling with my finger, accidentally select things. I had no idea that I "liked" his post. I only "like" posts with good analysis and substance. I'm sorry about the confusion.

Reactions: MEXTEX1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT