ADVERTISEMENT

I can honestly say...

LaserCoog

All Star
Feb 5, 2002
... the only person that would have been a bigger surprise to have been named UTEP head football coach other than Dana Dimel would have been... me. He was the last head coach at my alma mater to have a winless season. God bless you guys - you're gonna need it.

P.S. If in fact UTEP used a consulting firm for this hire, you should sue for a refund.

... the only person that would have been a bigger surprise to have been named UTEP head football coach other than Dana Dimel would have been... me. He was the last head coach at my alma mater to have a winless season. God bless you guys - you're gonna need it.

P.S. If in fact UTEP used a consulting firm for this hire, you should sue for a refund.

"Briles inherited a program that had lost its way on the field but was stocked with young talent from Dimel's exceptional recruiting classes. The Cougars had only won eight games in Dimel's three-year tenure, but things were about to change."

I’m shocked, too. None of the people I know pegged this one.

The selling point tomorrow is going to be "The KState model." That's what Natalicio and Stull and the new puppet, Senter, are going to shove down the media's throat. They will eat it along with whatever press food they are given, and laugh.

I've always thought that would be a good model for Jutep but gosh, this is hard to swallow given that he went winless at UH that second year.

If Stull is at the presser someone needs to scream at him to take his old ass to Missouri and get the hell on! Just leave already dammit!

Reactions: El Paso 777
"Briles inherited a program that had lost its way on the field but was stocked with young talent from Dimel's exceptional recruiting classes. The Cougars had only won eight games in Dimel's three-year tenure, but things were about to change."

Briles recruited and groomed a quarterback who would set records and win a lot of football games. Kevin Kolb. He also brought another tremendous football player with him, a transfer from The University of Texas who would also graduate from UH. Together, Kendall Briles and Kevin Kolb did some pretty good things. Dimel had zip to do with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: El Paso 777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT