ADVERTISEMENT

I just noticed this about Coach Terry

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
The man is a contemporary sharp dresser. Even in his twitter pics he's stylin'.

35aa1882463f4cf38c028dab78dc8b86_crop_exact.jpg

vs Tim Floyd

636474222364993441-UTEP-Floyd-.jpg

When is the look alike thread for Coach Terry going to be posted? I wonder if Fili is going to say he looks like Steve Harvey?

Reactions: ShovelMan66
As a suit guy I noticed that right away. Barbee would wear suits but they were a little too big for him.
barbee_family20060814.jpg

Terry wears tailored made fitted suits. A modern fresh look.

As a suit guy I noticed that right away. Barbee would wear suits but they were a little too big for him.
barbee_family20060814.jpg

Terry wears tailored made fitted suits. A modern fresh look.

Since Terry is a better dresser I hope is a better coach too.

Since Terry is a better dresser I hope is a better coach too.

He will be a better coach. Aren’t you aware of the motto here? New coaches/players always better than the old players, especially if past coaches/players quit or left early.

For example: Kelvin Jones looks like Big Country Reeves or Dave Feitl. All CUSA team performer.

Jones leaves: Gosh darn he was crappy. Glad he took his 2 points per game to Odessa. Floyd sucks for recruiting that bum!

Reactions: El Paso 1
Wow, “minerfan_14”, who just joined yesterday, what did you used to post under back when he posted here?
Minerfan05. That was when my email was linked to the @utep.edu account as a student. Then in ‘07 I believe they switched to the @miners.utep.esu account

Anyone else remember realm and minergibbi?

Any more interrogation questions shovel?

He will be a better coach. Aren’t you aware of the motto here? New coaches/players always better than the old players, especially if past coaches/players quit or left early.

For example: Kelvin Jones looks like Big Country Reeves or Dave Feitl. All CUSA team performer.

Jones leaves: Gosh darn he was crappy. Glad he took his 2 points per game to Odessa. Floyd sucks for recruiting that bum!

It's like some people who talk about their ex. When they're dating that person is the best person ever. When they break up they mad mouth that person and say how terrible they are. My question is always "Why did you date that person if they were so terrible?"

Cool. Just that when new members pop up, several “detectives” come out and think they know everything. Pretty sad that new members can’t post to this “exclusive” board without being accused of being someone else.

It's like some people who talk about their ex. When they're dating that person is the best person ever. When they break up they mad mouth that person and say how terrible they are. My question is always "Why did you date that person if they were so terrible?"

Cool story. I will add this to my monthly newsletter I send out to ex-Miners. It’s impossible to find information these days and my newsletter is a great way to keep people informed.

I talked to guy the other day that thought Doc Sadler was still our coach! Can you believe that? I was like wow, man, you are not very cool and you should sign up for my killer newsletter. We exchanged numbers and we’re gonna meet up at the KingsX for the home opener!

Gee willickers, anybody watching this boring NBA playoffs? Talk about boring. I would rather sign up for the premium services on MinerDigs and check out young high school ballers all day!

Cool. Just that when new members pop up, several “detectives” come out and think they know everything. Pretty sad that new members can’t post to this “exclusive” board without being accused of being someone else.

I have seen that and I don’t care. I’m not your ally either

I rarely get into arguments here, but what's the deal with the obvious trolling? We are Miner Fans, if you don't like the Miners get out. Why the venom? Why the venom at us? I mean kick a man while he's down, why don't you?

It’s not just the new posters that get looked on with suspicion. Awhile back, a long way back some idiot was arguing with a so called troll. Well, instead of hitting the ignore button this idiot made a whole new thread stating so and so is a troll, etc. I replied on it asking what was the point of this new thread, did you start this new thread to incite another flame war? Every other poster then began calling me a banned user who signed up on another name....blah blah blah. If you’re not in the “club” you’re automatically thought of as a troll.

It’s not just the new posters that get looked on with suspicion. Awhile back, a long way back some idiot was arguing with a so called troll. Well, instead of hitting the ignore button this idiot made a whole new thread stating so and so is a troll, etc. I replied on it asking what was the point of this new thread, did you start this new thread to incite another flame war? Every other poster then began calling me a banned user who signed up on another name....blah blah blah. If you’re not in the “club” you’re automatically thought of as a troll.

Are those people still posting here?

Some people think they are in "club" on here and apparently have inside jokes. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even understand what their inside "jokes" mean.

Honestly don’t remember and don’t care. I don’t ignore anyone on here. My thoughts are this is a discussion board for us to talk UTEP. If you’re so thin skinned that you get triggered off of someone’s comments you’re a snowflake.

Totally agree. If people have to ignore people on a message board about sports, then I wonder how they function in real life.

Honestly don’t remember and don’t care. I don’t ignore anyone on here. My thoughts are this is a discussion board for us to talk UTEP. If you’re so thin skinned that you get triggered off of someone’s comments you’re a snowflake.

Exactly. People that post on here don’t like other opinions. Imagine if this were the real world. Lots of guys have “threatened” to kick my ass, just because my opinion is different. How sad is that?

The coaches fashion choices reflect their attitudes about the job. Barbee was an up and coming coach and dressed the part. Floyd was getting old and tired and dressed the part. Terry seems to be still in the up and coming mode. Let's hope we see the results on the court. As far as Kelvin Jones' situation, he could have used another year developing as a back up to Matt Willms. Getting thrown into the starting role at Odessa was more than he could handle. His stats show this.

The coaches fashion choices reflect their attitudes about the job. Barbee was an up and coming coach and dressed the part. Floyd was getting old and tired and dressed the part. Terry seems to be still in the up and coming mode. Let's hope we see the results on the court. As far as Kelvin Jones' situation, he could have used another year developing as a back up to Matt Willms. Getting thrown into the starting role at Odessa was more than he could handle. His stats show this.
I agree with your assessment of Floyd and Barbee. IMO Terry dresses the part of an established future hall of fame coach. He most likely goes by the “fake it until you make it” motto.

Slack_20for_20iOS_20Upload.0.jpg

He is dressed to impress and I’m glad our HC carries himself with so much class.

This is actually funny to me. I like the sharp suits, but also like the casual look while the game goes on. I want our coach to get into it, yanno?

I guess I wanna be retired as I always where shorts.

Dress for the job you want, not the job you've got. My guess on the three men in the last picture, a pimp, a mobster and a used car salesman. No particular pecking order on the social scale.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT