ADVERTISEMENT

I Waited Long Enough

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
Doesn't seem there's much excitement for our first bowl game in 7 years. Let's start the prediction thread....

UTEP 21
Freson St 35

UTEP 13
Fresno 45

Fresno lost to #11 Oregon by seven points and beat UCLA when they were ranked #14. How would the Miners have fared?

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but this has shades of when we played BYU in the NM Bowl a decade ago.

Fresno 31
UTEP 17

Reactions: Rocketsr
Bet the farm that the Flyin Miners will win this game easier than you think. The BIG D comes smashing in to hold the Bulldogs to 17 points while the excuse me, its only the "Miners" with 35. Miner ball at its best. 250 yrds rushing and 300 passing. Half time score 21 - 7..
Will you believe now?
stand tall and proud...
From Dildowood………..

Doesn't seem there's much excitement for our first bowl game in 7 years. Let's start the prediction thread....

UTEP 21
Freson St 35
Lol I had already started one, but we'll use this one haha and I'm excited!
Fresno 38
UTEP 27

Does anyone know for certain if Fresno’s qb is going to play or not yet? Or is it still all speculation?

UTEP - 17
Fresno - 49
I hope I am wrong, but the last 50 years says that the Miners won’t show up for this game and it will get ugly in a hurry.

Reactions: shyminer81
UTEP - 17
Fresno - 49
I hope I am wrong, but the last 50 years says that the Miners won’t show up for this game and it will get ugly in a hurry.
Why would they not be fired up? They have a chance to do something really significant.

Why would they not be fired up? They have a chance to do something really significant.
I think they'll be fired up. There's levels to this game. We're going to be reminded once again what level we're at.

If Haener doesn’t play, we’ve got a good shot.
I hope so. They seem to have a plug and play system. Their backup was offered by Boise and other MW schools. It's not like they have a juco backup that had zero fcs or fbs offers.

Odd they haven’t said whether or not Haener is playing. Gamesmanship, or internal issues over his portal flirtation?

I think they're gonna sweep it under the rug and let him play. Very similar to how we let Lathon return and play.

Reactions: Dmanminer
I agree I don't think motivation or being fired up will be an issue. Fresno is just better this year and UTEP will have to temper their energy and minimize the mistakes to have a chance.

I agree I don't think motivation or being fired up will be an issue. Fresno is just better this year and UTEP will have to temper their energy and minimize the mistakes to have a chance.
temper their energy? Nah

My hopes and (pipe) dreams:

UTEP 24
Fresno 22

Verdad:

UTEP 17
Fresno 32

I used to work a food booth at the Sun Bowl back in WAC days and Fresno fans were the nicest folks. El Paso is proud of UTEP’s engineering program, they were proud of their wine making program, “We make the best in the U.S.”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT