ADVERTISEMENT

If Anyone Cares UTEP beat FIU

With MTSU locked into the #1 and LT into #2 I believe it's in UTEP's best interest to win out. We need to finish this remarkable turnaround and lock up the #3 seed. It's the "easier" path in the tournament. Anything can happen in the championship game. Of course I'm getting a bit carried away but there is something magical about this run the team is on.

Correction: A win over ODU and the #3 seed is locked up. No need to beat Charlotte afterwards.

Last edited:
So many guys filled the stat sheet, Omega went off and was uber efficient, Trey Touchet scored 12 points, and was a perfect 3-for-3 from the field. TREY FREAKING TOUCHET.

Willms also went off for a 23 piece, and Thomas is getting to the point in where if he stays out of foul trouble he's good for at least double digit scoring numbers, and eight or more boards. Are we looking at the top returning front court in C-USA next year?

Artis deserves be a 1st team C-USA selection, impressive winning four on the road even though three of the four teams are straight do-do. Peaking at the right team eh?

Happy B-Day Timmy....

images

RICE and LT locked in a battle. RICE fans losing their cool and throwing objects to the LT players. Several RICE fans ejected.

Reactions: utep2step
Really nice road sweep. I continue to be astounded by this turnaround. I know that we aren't exactly in the toughest of leagues, but for a while there we looked as if we'd struggle against a decent AAU squad.

Almost our entire team has improved dramatically in the last 3 months. Is this the first time we've ever seen that with a CTF team? I'm thinking so...

Rice won. UTEP can clinch #3 with a win over ODU. A top four seed with a loss vs ODU but a win over Charlotte. Or lose out on the top four with two losses and RICE getting a road sweep over Marshall and WKU.

Reactions: unihorn
C5j1DluWcAEJmW-.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I'm fed up with seeing ODU's name above UTEP. Thursday night we decide which school should be written first. And to think we are one missed fg from being in outright second place and a .500 overall record.

C5jy8Q9U8AA4CLw.jpg

Finally a bracket that puts UTEP in third place. I like this route to the finals.

Since they are tied in the conference standings, they list ODU ahead of UTEP based on their overall records.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT