When does Dimmel get Canned?

• After NMSU game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

groundrounds

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2017
The Mountains of New Mexico
FIU is the next team up. They got beat by LaTech by 5 in the first game of the season and won against North Texas, UConn and Maine. If the Miners lose to LaTech they will be at 1-6. A guaranteed losing season, even after all the preseason hype.
So peek into your crystal ball and vote.:cool:

That’s what I think. Senter is as much of an idiot as Dimel. DD will be back next year. He may only make it thru mid season, but he’ll start next year year as HC.
On a reliable source that I'm not at liberty to say at the time, if Dimel has a losing season there's a good chance his tenure is over at UTEP after the season.

On a reliable source that I'm not at liberty to say at the time, if Dimel has a losing season there's a good chance his tenure is over at UTEP after the season.
I did take note that you said something to that effect last week, and I hope you’re right, however I’ll believe it when I see it.

There’s no “if” he has a losing season…it is all but guaranteed.

I did take note that you said something to that effect last week, and I hope you’re right, however I’ll believe it when I see it.

There’s no “if” he has a losing season…it is all but guaranteed.

Same. More often than not the "reliable source" is wrong. Plus, the "reliable source" said it's a "good chance" Dimel will be fired, so the "reliable source" isn't even certain it would happen.

I think if the poll was when we would like to see Dismel be fired the answer was 6 years ago!

"We will work diligently to elevate UTEP football to the highest level in Conference USA," Dimel said in a statement. "Having been a part of a major turnaround at Kansas State and having the success we did at Wyoming, I'm just really excited about the leadership challenge that's ahead."

FIU is the next team up. They got beat by LaTech by 5 in the first game of the season and won against North Texas, UConn and Maine. If the Miners lose to LaTech they will be at 1-6. A guaranteed losing season, even after all the preseason hype.
So peek into your crystal ball and vote.:cool:
FIU has improved and its a road game on the east coast. Odds are way against utep.

Oh yeah and utep sucks too.

There was a twitter/X thread of Senter standing by himself on the sideline later in the game, watching.

That is not a good sign. It’s a harbinger. The black bird on the scare crow. The ring around the moon. The cattle bunched up together. The ocean tide retreating away from the shore (incoming Tsunami).

Normal game time duties the AD is doing their ambassador/PR duties during the game just like a congressperson: Shaking hands, kissing the cheeks of a big boosters spouse and slapping backs of boosters and season ticket holders.

Dimel’s days are numbered.

There was a twitter/X thread of Senter standing by himself on the sideline later in the game, watching.

That is not a good sign. It’s a harbinger. The black bird on the scare crow. The ring around the moon. The cattle bunched up together. The ocean tide retreating away from the shore (incoming Tsunami).

Normal game time duties the AD is doing their ambassador/PR duties during the game just like a congressperson: Shaking hands, kissing the cheeks of a big boosters spouse and slapping backs of boosters and season ticket holders.

Dimel’s days are numbered.

I agree.

There will not be a lame duck coach next season. Nothing good will come out of having him finish his contract if the plan is to move on. President’s and AD’s know that buyouts are part the business.

By the way, I’d rather see a turnaround than Dimel getting fired because I want to see these guys win. But it doesn’t appear it’s going to go that way.

If Dimel were to get fired (and that’s a HUGE if) who would you guys want to take over as interim?

It is comedic that we’re still having discussions on whether Dimel will be fired. He’s 18-45 for God’s sake. Part of me wants to be nice and say the first two years were rebuild years since Kugler left a dumpster fire, but even then he’s got a 16-23 record. Kugler was 18-36 and he didn’t finish year 5. Let’s just cut the BS and can him.

If Dimel were to get fired (and that’s a HUGE if) who would you guys want to take over as interim?

It is comedic that we’re still having discussions on whether Dimel will be fired. He’s 18-45 for God’s sake. Part of me wants to be nice and say the first two years were rebuild years since Kugler left a dumpster fire, but even then he’s got a 16-23 record. Kugler was 18-36 and he didn’t finish year 5. Let’s just cut the BS and can him.
WGAF who is interim?

I think it's gotta be a guy that can recruit/bring transfers, bring excitement to the program and score points. Somebody who's looking to start over and can inject some interest/money into the program.

Option 2 is a young up and comer from a winning program that's looking to prove himself. Someone who can bring some players/coaches with him and wants to recruit hard.

I think it's gotta be a guy that can recruit/bring transfers, bring excitement to the program and score points. Somebody who's looking to start over and can inject some interest/money into the program.

Option 2 is a young up and comer from a winning program that's looking to prove himself. Someone who can bring some players/coaches with him and wants to recruit hard.
Hopefully they apply for the job. It's a tough job at UTEP.

Reactions: Lil_Train
We’re going to have a losing season and get a new coach?
Dimel has one foot out the door. Nice guy, but it’s clearly time to go in another direction. I just hope, they think a little outside the box, young guy, bring in a new vibe to the program. They need to pony up 1 million. Or they will get stuck with, crap.

We’re going to have a losing season and get a new coach?
I don't know if the announcement would come once Utep's Mathematically eliminated from Bowl eligibility or at the end of the season. However Barring a complete Miracle turnaround, Dimel will be gone if or in this case when he produces another losing season. Senter's not happy that he has made marketing efforts to get fans out to Utep Football games and a season with expectations has fell flat. Boosters aren't happy, Fans aren't happy and I think even Senter is smart enough to know something has to be done to give hope back to Utep Fans and Boosters.

I don't know if the announcement would come once Utep's Mathematically eliminated from Bowl eligibility or at the end of the season. However Barring a complete Miracle turnaround, Dimel will be gone if or in this case when he produces another losing season. Senter's not happy that he has made marketing efforts to get fans out to Utep Football games and a season with expectations has fell flat. Boosters aren't happy, Fans aren't happy and I think even Senter is smart enough to know something has to be done to give hope back to Utep Fans and Boosters.

So you don't know. Got it. Your guess is as good as ours.

So you don't know. Got it. Your guess is as good as ours.
Like I said, Dimel won't survive after a losing season. The poll asks when he'll be fired, during the season, after or if he'll get an extension. Also what what some people speculated if he'll just finish our his contract. What I don't know is if it'll be after a losing season is guaranteed or after the season. What I do know is if in fact it is a losing season as it appears to be, he's gone!

Reactions: shyminer81
Like I said, Dimel won't survive after a losing season. The poll asks when he'll be fired, during the season, after or if he'll get an extension. Also what what some people speculated if he'll just finish our his contract. What I don't know is if it'll be after a losing season is guaranteed or after the season. What I do know is if in fact it is a losing season as it appears to be, he's gone!

I was making fun of the "reliable source" comment. Like I said, your guess is as good as ours.

Reactions: FedupMiner
Dimel still smiles during post game?

Remembering Dimel’s 2021 interview with EPTimes; he could have gone anywhere and blah, blah, blah. He and Snyder can joke how they pulled this off in west Texas.😖

Who will have more wins at the end of the season UTEP or SHSU?

They will not bring in anyone of substance until the UTEP administration decides to spend money to upgrade 🏈 facilities (yes, starting with the field lighting) and start considering when and where to build an indoor practice facility. Otherwise, this will be repeated in five years looking for a new coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT