ADVERTISEMENT

If UTEP gets a CBI invite, they might not be able to host the 1st game

El Paso Chihuahuas

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 28, 2014
El Paso, TX, USA
The CBI starts on Tuesday and Wednesday. Cirque de Soleil is at the Don Wednesday- Sunday. Not sure how long it takes to set everything up, but playing on Tuesday might not be an option.

Originally posted by MINER63:
Can everyone spell S C R E W T H E C B I ?
UTEP should go to any tournament they are invited to. More practices and experiences can't hurt. Of course Tim probably thinks UTEP is too good to play in the CBI like he said previously.

Positive they won't take CBI bid, and if they go to NIT they'll be like a 6 or 7 seed and play on the road

Originally posted by MistaBinks:
Per Harry Ruiz, The Don is not available for the first two rounds of the NIT or CBI.
Damn, that stinks. That would be cool if they played at Memorial Gym. I know that probably won't happen, but just a thought.

I would also love to see both MBB and particularly WBB play at "The Original Glory Road", but Stull has not done any upgrades to the place. He has been here almost for twenty years, the floor and seating area has not been replaced. The goals (i.e. the baskets) that hang from the ceiling, backboards are missing. Maybe they should ask if the EP Coliseum is available and the portable floor that was used for the C- USA tourney as well.

The gym isn't an athletic department facility. It's for recreation, gym classes, and other related classes. Stull has nothing to do with it.

Originally posted by El Paso Fan:
The gym isn't an athletic department facility. It's for recreation, gym classes, and other related classes. Stull has nothing to do with it.
Sure it is. UTEP Volleyball plays there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT