ADVERTISEMENT

It just seems these calls never go UTEP's way.

FeralFelidae

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 1, 2003
Maybe I'm forgetting some games because I'm a homer. The only one that comes to mind is the paper cup game against the Lobos, but that was the right call.

I wouldn't be so upset if they were called consistently, but they always seem to go against UTEP.

The example that comes immediately to mind is one year the Miners lost a game to the Aggies because they called a timeout when they had none, so were flagged for a technical foul. Okay, that's the rule. But when the Miners played Santa Clara in the championship game of their tournament, Santa Clara called a timeout when they had none, and the refs decided not to award them with a technical. What the hell?

Then I remember the Miners had to forfeit after winning a WAC tournament game because Kevin Beal was found ineligible. It was just the worst possible timing; why do these events always seem to hit UTEP to cause the most possible pain? Season over, just like that.

Reactions: mikesarabia
It sucks big time, but you know, watching Matt Wilmms interview last night on the news, Charlotte is walking into a hornets nest. That goes for the Tourney too. Not saying we'll win it, but I'm not worried about the heart and effort our team is going to put into whatever remains of the season.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
It sucks big time, but you know, watching Matt Wilmms interview last night on the news, Charlotte is walking into a hornets nest. That goes for the Tourney too. Not saying we'll win it, but I'm not worried about the heart and effort our team is going to put into whatever remains of the season.

Too soon -- still angry.

Me either. I like the way Floyd and his team handled this loss...in a much better way than I did for sure. Respect!

Shows a calm confidence in where they are at this time. 3rd or 4th makes little difference to me, as long as we get the bye. We're going to play tough teams all the way through and we gotta beat the best to be the best. Charlotte is in for a long day on Saturday, I believe.

I honestly almost teared up watching Wilmms. I could see the hurt. But better still, I saw and heard a determination. Turning into a leader.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I honestly almost teared up watching Wilmms. I could see the hurt. But better still, I saw and heard a determination. Turning into a leader.

And we get him for one more year. Should be the premiere big man in CUSA next year...by leaps and bounds.

Reactions: allminer
And we get him for one more year. Should be the premiere big man in CUSA next year...by leaps and bounds.
Yes sir, he deserves a full healthy year. Someone wrote here awhile back the possibility of Wilmms transferring to a bigger school his Senior year. No way that happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT