ADVERTISEMENT

Kap and Turtles will host UTEP town hall

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
Would love to be there. Should be a terrific experience. Hope you guys can share the highlights. Maybe some of you diggers can meet each other for the first time.
Time to get liqoured up and ask some off the wall UTEP questions lol gonna try and make that
That would be interesting....

giphy.gif

Reactions: MistaBinks
I hear there will be $1.50 beer and $3 Tortas. Crap...
Should be an interesting time. I love the fact that Senter is getting out in the public. Only thing is he will be getting the same questions and comments over and over and this week.

The only one this week is the one mentioned above. Another one is next week and only a hour. Another one is next month for a hour. Did you read the article?

Reactions: El Paso 777
Would love to be there. Should be a terrific experience. Hope you guys can share the highlights. Maybe some of you diggers can meet each other for the first time.

We did that a few years ago when the tourney was in EP. Several Miner Rush posters, along with some Digs guys, met up at a bar across the street from the DHC. Had a good time.

I can't stress enough how cool it is that we get a full three hours to do a UTEP Town Hall. When you factor in the commercials, it will be more like two hours. However, I am restructuring the broadcast to fit their format for the event. We will have a wireless mic to go around Tortuga and give everyone an opportunity to address Jim Senter on what they like about UTEP Athletics and what they can do better. If people cannot attend but still want to discuss their passion for UTEP sports with the new Director of Athletics, we will accommodate phone calls. I've heard from fans for 20 years about so many different topics relating to Miner athletics, this is the perfect opportunity to get your point across to the man in charge. UTEP is taking this seriously and they want to make sure that every concern is handled.

Hope someone asks about a new tailgating policy, seems to be a concern to many local football fans. Wish we could facebook or twitter questions.

Reactions: RanDaddyBinks
I can't stress enough how cool it is that we get a full three hours to do a UTEP Town Hall. When you factor in the commercials, it will be more like two hours. However, I am restructuring the broadcast to fit their format for the event. We will have a wireless mic to go around Tortuga and give everyone an opportunity to address Jim Senter on what they like about UTEP Athletics and what they can do better. If people cannot attend but still want to discuss their passion for UTEP sports with the new Director of Athletics, we will accommodate phone calls. I've heard from fans for 20 years about so many different topics relating to Miner athletics, this is the perfect opportunity to get your point across to the man in charge. UTEP is taking this seriously and they want to make sure that every concern is handled.

I have 4 questions if you can ask him?

1. Why is Mike Price around a lot? Is he going to get some kind of job at Utep.

2. I know he said Utep wont get baseball or mens soccer. But if Utep did have the chance to get one which one would he pick?

3. Did he have Dimel in mind for coaching job before he got to Utep ?

4. The most important question. By when would he like to have a Mens BBall Coach?

I have 4 questions if you can ask him?

1. Why is Mike Price around a lot? Is he going to get some kind of job at Utep.

2. I know he said Utep wont get baseball or mens soccer. But if Utep did have the chance to get one which one would he pick?

3. Did he have Dimel in mind for coaching job before he got to Utep ?

4. The most important question. By when would he like to have a Mens BBall Coach?
Those are good questions but the meeting is over now. I would like to hear highlights, but specifically were there some pointed basketball questions; although in fairness to Jim Senter, he's limited in what he can say at this point?

I expected a boatload of chatter following the meeting last night. Instead, I'm hearing nothing. How was the turnout? What was discussed? Were coaches there in addition to Senter? This was the opportunity so many have been waiting for. Did it go to waste?

I listened on the radio for the first hour. More or less, AD Senter was trying to make a Top 10 list of the fan's needs. Tailgating, Handicap parking, general parking, and MAC were the big topics of conversation while I was able to listen.

Reactions: RanDaddyBinks
Probably 80 people showed up, many loooong time supporters. Senter made it clear he wanted a list of things they do right AND a list of things they do wrong. Naturally, there were a lot of wrong things on the list. :)
He also made it clear early on that he couldn't tell us right then and there what he was going to do, but promised each concern would be looked into to figure out what can be done to fix it.
He was also asking for everyone to become a donor. It doesn't matter if it's $10 or $10 per month. Just help. He mentioned a new fundraising thing he will be starting, but I can't remember much details cuz I was doing shots. Ha!
There was a buzz in the room at the end knowing we are in good hands.

The funniest part was in the last hour when some folks were getting buzzed. One guy was handed the mic. He said...Hello...then handed the mic to the bartender. Hilarious....

I didn't see any coaches, but a former basketball player popped in. (Lenard Owens)

I personally chatted with Chris Park and Senter off to the side. Things are a changin..... ;)

I listened on the radio for the first hour. More or less, AD Senter was trying to make a Top 10 list of the fan's needs. Tailgating, Handicap parking, general parking, and MAC were the big topics of conversation while I was able to listen.

There is TONS of parking available. I am not sure why everybody is complaining about parking. There is a free parking garage where fans can park and tons of parking across the street.

I recently donated to the Football program and Senter called me to thank me and I received thank you cards from both Park and Dimmel. Very impressed with their outreach.
How did you donate? Did you do it online or at the season ticket office? I just want to know if I decide to do the same.

How did you donate? Did you do it online or at the season ticket office? I just want to know if I decide to do the same.

When you renew your season tickets on-line, a screen will appear which will allow you to add a donation to a specific sport. When I renewed my season tickets this week, I just “rounded up” my total and added a small donation to the football team.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT