ADVERTISEMENT

Kugler ball is trash

Yeah this is starting to fall on Natty!

Most of us have become indifferent for years. Every effin sport minus cross country, track, and rifle teams.

I don't care!! Win or lose, I don't care. Just entertain me!

Well, you could add softball and volleyball as well. The attendance at the track meets are pretty dreadful too.

Not to sound overly pessimistic but is this the earliest a season has ended? Usually I wait until we are mathematically eliminated from bowl contention but I don't know if I want to put myself through that misery.

I don't ever remember feeling this hopeless. There have been a lot of bad times but this seems like rock bottom. We're in early September the season seems lost. Basketball is irrelevant playing in a one bid league where the regular season is irrelevant. The hoops season doesn't start until March in Frisco. Really what is the next thing to look forward spring practice? The sun came up today but I don't see any more hope than I did last night.

What do you expect after seven straight losing seasons with Price? A five year contract extension? The football program was a dumpster fire when Price retired both in the classroom and on the football field. Price pulled a Stull and retired a few years before he actually left his job. The recent on the field problems with the football program stem from a college president who doesn't give a flip about her own athletic program and who doesn't hold her own athletic director accountable for any of his actions. The athletic director in turn never holds his coach's accountable and he coddles then with undeserved contract extensions. We are stuck with Kugler fore three more years for goodness sake!! This should have been his last year as head coach! Kugler was a good ol boy hire based on friendship and not on merit. Stull should have hired Willie Fritz or someone with coaching experience and a mainstream approach to offensive football, but Stull doesn't care since he isn't accountable to anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: FarWestTexas
It's a lot easier to turn around the APR at UTEP than it is at most other schools, so let's not pump too much sunshine about that.

I read on the El Paso Times that the team was arguing on the sidelines and the huddle. It's obvious Kugler has lost the team. Time to go.

38000 for army is not a great crowd when you have a army base the size of Bliss, Sun bowl holds over 50000. Need to sell it out for games of that magnitude.

Eat his contract and fire his ass. If he was a honest man like he tried to come off as he would resign. Team is a hell of alot worse than under Price. He is Charlie Weis 2.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I don't ever remember feeling this hopeless. There have been a lot of bad times but this seems like rock bottom. We're in early September the season seems lost. Basketball is irrelevant playing in a one bid league where the regular season is irrelevant. The hoops season doesn't start until March in Frisco. Really what is the next thing to look forward spring practice? The sun came up today but I don't see any more hope than I did last night.

You have to relish wanting to be a FBS head coach. It's like nothing else. He is trying to over simplify the game to pre WWII football to show that nothing has changed. In a lot of ways he's right, but then again no one saw Tom Landry in their rear view mirror who helped change the game nor Steve Young who reinvented the role of the QB.

If he wants to be purist about it would he allow his son to just play with the old leather helmet? No he wouldn't.

I feel empty, I feel tired, I feel worn
Nothing really matters anymore...

What do you expect after seven straight losing seasons with Price? A five year contract extension? The football program was a dumpster fire when Price retired both in the classroom and on the football field. Price pulled a Stull and retired a few years before he actually left his job. The recent on the field problems with the football program stem from a college president who doesn't give a flip about her own athletic program and who doesn't hold her own athletic director accountable for any of his actions. The athletic director in turn never holds his coach's accountable and he coddles then with undeserved contract extensions. We are stuck with Kugler fore three more years for goodness sake!! This should have been his last year as head coach! Kugler was a good ol boy hire based on friendship and not on merit. Stull should have hired Willie Fritz or someone with coaching experience and a mainstream approach to offensive football, but Stull doesn't care since he isn't accountable to anyone.

Yeah, then we can blame CSK for the dumpster fire he left when his replacement loses to the Division III College of the Sisters Flying Nuns. But at least our players will pass thier classes. Oh wait, so do other D1 programs that actually compete. In the 40+ years I've followed UTEP, the common denominator is that we are cursed economically and geographically. How many no star players that had no other offers are starters? Fact of the matter is...even Nick Saban with 120 teams' playbook in hand couldn't win here consistently. As smaller schools move up and upstarts continue to thrive, we are done. UT Permian Basin is the next UTSA passing us in thier ascend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT