ADVERTISEMENT

La Tech, game #2

I’d cap it UTEP +5.5, total at like 127. Interesting game tonight with Rice-La Tech in front of 22 people in Houston.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I’d cap it UTEP +5.5, total at like 127. Interesting game tonight with Rice-La Tech in front of 22 people in Houston.
You should bet the +6.5 with the under if you believe that. I hope you are right but my numbers say La Tech by over 10.

When you are dead last in Free throw % in all of college basketball at 58%, teams begin to factor that in their game plan. UTEP shot almost 77% last year which put them in the top 40. Big difference.

You should bet the +6.5 with the under if you believe that. I hope you are right but my numbers say La Tech by over 10.

When you are dead last in Free throw % in all of college basketball at 58%, teams begin to factor that in their game plan. UTEP shot almost 77% last year which put them in the top 40. Big difference.
I thought no way by over 10. Your prognostication is looking spot on though.

Watching Solomon with the ball in his hands, especially in the open court, is brutal. Unfortunately, the combination of Sibley and dos Anjos is somehow worse in terms of overall production. Really poor half rebounding and turnovers. Lucky to just be down 10.
Yeah, agree. Solomon should never put the ball on the floor unless he’s within 10 feet of the hoop and making a b line straight to it. His handles bring new meaning to “loose”.

Don’t even get me started on Sibley. SMH.

Really to the point that if you miss two free throws in row- he should take the player out of the game-if they shoot below 70% a game as a team (free throws) if you can follow-- extra conditioning morning and then after workout. This is just dumb. Really - it’s fundamental.

Last edited:
Really to the point that if you miss two free throws in row- he should bench the player-if they shoot below 70% a game as a team- extra conditioning morning and then after workout. This is just dumb. Really - it’s fundamental.
I agree with Golding when he said he needs to recruit guys who can make them. These aren't a bunch of first year freshman missing all these freebies.

Damn, I missed another game, where was this game airing? It sounds like the same 'ol same ol' pile of doo doo.

Every game this season is going to be close. Our free throws will decide each game this season.

Damn, I missed another game, where was this game airing? It sounds like the same 'ol same ol' pile of doo doo.

C-USA TV. And don't worry. The La. Tech production is as bad as UTEP's.

Missed freebies, turnovers, yup, same 'ol same 'ol.

• Sad
Reactions: develman
I thought no way by over 10. Your prognostication is looking spot on though.
Another 55% free throw shooting night. That number will not change much all season. This team is doomed to fail against any decent opposition when you shoot free throws like that.

Haskins used to make them run lines for every missed free throw at practice. That is why his teams were notoriously good free throw shooting teams. Players would get to practice early and work on their free throws because they didn't want to be run into the ground. Do that with the players now and they will say you are being too tough and mistreating them.

Reactions: FedupMiner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT