ADVERTISEMENT

Losing by 15

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
Did I hear right, Utep is getting killed at half by 15 to Southeast Louisiana wow!

Ok Panic time 5 games in. Lol sorry Floyd your a a joke, getting waxed by a team of this level mossing they're keep players you should be ashamed of where you have this program after 6 years Sir!

Reactions: UTEP05
It's such a shame because Artis and Harris give us one of the top back courts in the league. But aside from that we have nothing, especially with Terry Winn missing.

Calm....everybody breath. Maybe this is what UTEP needed wake up. They came off a tough tournament. Way way too early to despair just yet.

Enjoy your turkey, your Cowboys, your uncle snoring on the couch and regroup.

SELA first non-conference win in four years. 19 straight losses. Explain this coaching staff. Can't wait for the BS EXCUSES in the post game. Johnson will really have to be creative.

Calm....everybody breath. Maybe this is what UTEP needed wake up. They came off a tough tournament. Way way too early to despair just yet.

Enjoy your turkey, your Cowboys, your uncle snoring on the couch and regroup.
Understand its early, but to be completely dominiated from start to finish by a low level D-1 team at home means this team is really really in trouble this year. Improvement could be made, but no excuses for tonight its just sad plain and simple no positives

SELA first non-conference win in four years. 19 straight losses. Explain this coaching staff. Can't wait for the BS EXCUSES in the post game. Johnson will really have to be creative.
Can you believe Teacher didn't mention Terry Winn at all? This situation gets more stinkier by the minute

Been through alot, seen alot, suffered a lot. These times are about as lean as I've ever seen at Utep.

Not sure where you got that stat from but it's not true. We had three non-conference wins prior to tonight, including a D-I win over Jackson State. We had lost 10 straight non-conference games to D-I teams prior to beating Jackson State, but we play a lot of guarantee games against major conferences. We have several wins vs non D-Is over that span.

As for the game, we're an improving program under a third year head coach. We're playing without our best player right now, and we're down at least three projected starters from the start of the season, but we've had a lot of newcomers step up, and we have a dynamic point guard. I know this looks like a bad loss now, especially to a Southland team coming in with an RPI in the 280's, but I'm confident we can challenge SFA in the SLC - if we don't lose any more players. This is a big, big win for us, if for nothing else, to serve as confidence builder that we can go on the road against an up conference opponent and get a W. We'll take it.

Not sure where you got that stat from but it's not true. We had three non-conference wins prior to tonight, including a D-I win over Jackson State. We had lost 10 straight non-conference games to D-I teams prior to beating Jackson State, but we play a lot of guarantee games against major conferences. We have several wins vs non D-Is over that span.
19 straight road non-conference games.

Congrats.

Believe the stat should have been non conference road win in 4 years, that's what I heard. Also, you had a Southern Miss transfer. Floyd can't beat Southern Miss.

As for the game, we're an improving program under a third year head coach. We're playing without our best player right now, and we're down at least three projected starters from the start of the season, but we've had a lot of newcomers step up, and we have a dynamic point guard. I know this looks like a bad loss now, especially to a Southland team coming in with an RPI in the 280's, but I'm confident we can challenge SFA in the SLC - if we don't lose any more players. This is a big, big win for us, if for nothing else, to serve as confidence builder that we can go on the road against an up conference opponent and get a W. We'll take it.
My info came from our play by play announcer who must be just as inept as our team.

We're just a little sour. You guys were supposed to be one of our "guarantee games". Now I'm not so sure we have any of those.

Have you heard that back in 1966...?

Floyd did say in the press conference they are losing to lower level teams due to transfers.

My question is why is everyone transferring out of UTEP and few transferring in?

NMSU is winning these games and has transfers and lost their junior star center who got drafted in the 1st round the NBA. Why can NMSU beat the cuptake teams and blow them out and UTEP can't? Maybe UTEP should recruit Canadian players.

Did he really blame this on transfers? WTH, how about his crappy coaching. He barks, but his bite is weak... Hard nose, but is not coaching... it's like a person waiting for change, and bitching about it. But is not doing what it takes to get it done, he is the coach. He recruits, and should have enough weapons to beat SE LA... No excuses, that man has lost touch, and wants to play the blame game.

Did he really blame this on transfers? WTH, how about his crappy coaching. He barks, but his bite is weak... Hard nose, but is not coaching... it's like a person waiting for change, and bitching about it. But is not doing what it takes to get it done, he is the coach. He recruits, and should have enough weapons to beat SE LA... No excuses, that man has lost touch, and wants to play the blame game.

Kugler is a Floyd clone.

As for the game, we're an improving program under a third year head coach.
Congrats on the win. We are a stagnant program under a seasoned veteran coach who has been here 8 years and the only thing he has shown improvement is in his excuse making year after year.

Reactions: UTEP05
Yes follow miner rush on twitter if you have one. Alex usually will post a link to facebook where he broadcasts the press conference live.

Surely you jest, 2step.

I'm not a betting man, but I bet some of the players decided to party the night before? There's some players on this squad who love to have a good time and they need called out but that's the job of the coach and his staff, not the fans or the local sports media. Floyd not going to do it because it's embarrassing and makes him look stupid and the last thing any UTEP coach wants is to be grilled by Kappy at Big 600 or Darren Hunt from ABC 7 because..well, we all know how that usually turns out? Right Kugler?!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT