ADVERTISEMENT

Love the reason for the termination of Tom Crean

I Ann sorry but apples to oranges!! You can demand that sort of thing with realistic expectations at a power 5 school..... mid majors are not on the same playing field at all....

I Ann sorry but apples to oranges!! You can demand that sort of thing with realistic expectations at a power 5 school..... mid majors are not on the same playing field at all....
Not saying I expect that same level of success but some success...any success would be great. We've had ZERO success in 7 seasons. Best Floyd's done was getting blown out in the first round of the NIT with a team Barbee put together. Sorry I didn't think I had to write that thought it was implied.

Overall message is that UTEP can demand more. We suck... the revolving door of coaches we had before Floyd brought the school and team more notoriety.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan

Not with that attitude they aren't. I'll bet however that Gonzaga, SDSU, UNLV, etc.. would disagree.

You are the epitome of the small-minded fan that Bob Stull just loves.

I'm reminded of the quote: "anything less than a commitment to excellence becomes an acceptance of mediocrity".

So I am being small minded when I see a good core coming back with an above average X and O's coach ? And some decent recruits coming with the potential to be good?

Small minded may not be the best term. I refer however to its definition of "one having a narrow outlook". I'm not here to criticize Purple's intelligence. I only refer to his "conservative" outlook on the possibilities of what this program can and should expect to achieve.

So I am being small minded when I see a good core coming back with an above average X and O's coach ? And some decent recruits coming with the potential to be good?

I wasn't referring to your opinions on our coach or incoming recruits. I was responding to the fact that you believe only a P5 school should expect/demand exceptional results from their coach. I simply don't agree, nor do I feel that sentiment is one that our fan base should embrace...

BOTTOM. LINE....
Floyd is not leaving. I'm not saying I think he should or shouldn't so the best recipe for now is to accept that fact and move on with hope that next season might be a good one with the returnees plus the newbies.
The alternative is to sit around and whine and mope to no avail.

Reactions: mikesarabia
I wasn't referring to your opinions on our coach or incoming recruits. I was responding to the fact that you believe only a P5 school should expect/demand exceptional results from their coach. I simply don't agree, nor do I feel that sentiment is one that our fan base should embrace...

Trust me if we had a coach who I didn't think could do or take the miners where I want them to be I would not be here defending him!! For example if we still had rabadeux in year 7 I would not be like I am.... it's not anything about my expectations it's about the belief Floyd has the ability to take us where we want to go!! This guy can flat out coach and if he can just get a nucleus to stay together we will in my mind take us where we want to be.... trust me I expect utep to make the dance at least 2 out of every 5 years I have very high expectations!! I just see a lot of potential and believe in that potiental and mix and to me it will click and when it does it will be in a big way.... that's why I don't want him gone -- nothing to do about low expectations

It's funny, unbelievable and at the same time ironic that PURPLEFIRE seems to be the only one who believes in Floyd.
I think you are mistaken. If you read my previous post you'll realize that there's no point in whining when you know he's not leaving. He will be OUR coach next season so you might as well spend your energy usefully...rooting for good things to happen instead of wasting it on futile babble which accomplishes nothing, because you are talking to yourself; not to anyone who matters. You might as well believe in Floyd like Purple, me and many others.

I think you are mistaken. If you read my previous post you'll realize that there's no point in whining when you know he's not leaving. He will be OUR coach next season so you might as well spend your energy usefully...rooting for good things to happen instead of wasting it on futile babble which accomplishes nothing, because you are talking to yourself; not to anyone who matters. You might as well believe in Floyd like Purple, me and many others.

I root for UTEP to win every single game, but there is a difference believing that UTEP will make the Big Dance and rooting for a team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT