ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe UTEP should follow suit

Really good article about what is going on at NMSU. It's sad that there aren't any articles like this about UTEP and our athletic director is happy with mediocrity.

http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/spo...ance-priority-paul-weirs-first-year/93909678/
The lack of familiar teams coming to LC in the WAC is part of the problem. Winning usually takes care of attendance issues and if UTEP ever has a high quality team on the court again, you will see UTEP's attendance go way up. I don't know if UTEP is as desperate as NMSU just yet.

The lack of familiar teams coming to LC in the WAC is part of the problem. Winning usually takes care of attendance issues and if UTEP ever has a high quality team on the court again, you will see UTEP's attendance go way up. I don't know if UTEP is as desperate as NMSU just yet.

No...but we're certainly on the way to becoming such. UTEP is a program fast approaching irrelevancy, in a shit conference, and with a dwindling fan base. I frequently wonder how deep Natalicio and Stull are gonna let this thing slide.

Reactions: UTEP05
Exactly the problem, fanatic. The days of UTEP being a respected program are long gone. There are a whole new crop of mid majors who are seen as respectable, and we simply aren't one of them. Our conference affiliation is doing us no favors, but then again we aren't doing ourselves any favors either.

I don't know what it's going to take to turn this ship around, but we better do it fast. The 80's and early 90's may as well be a millennium ago to current fans. We need a spark that reminds people (including recruits) of what this program is capable of, under the right leadership.

UTEP's attendance is just as lousy as NMSU's if you take into consideration the difference in population between EP and LC. At least their AD can admit it is a problem and needs to be addressed. Everything is going great in Minerland according to Stull. If UTEP averages 200 fans, and 200 fans per game is 3rd in CUSA in attendance averages, attendance is no issue with Stull in a city with a population of like 650k. If you go to the BB games, you will see an lokr 3,000 actual fans at the game. Attendance is plummeting every season and is a complete joke considering EP's population. I rememember seeing more fans at BB ganes when Rab was coaching than I do now.

Reactions: UTEP05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT