ADVERTISEMENT

MIA

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
The following haven't been seen in a long while. In the midst of the excitement of forming new FB and BB rosters you have been curiously absent. Where are you?
Feral Felidae
UTEP 79
Minwe Dawgma
Axe-cuseme
Cube Jack
Tenacious D
Minerforlife
shyminer81
Vegasminer
pay4dirt
PURPLEFIRE
KaneFan29
AZminer
Miner in Wisconsin
picksup
and maybe most curious of all.... Bigwood
I'm certain I omitted some, but all of your 2.cents are missed.These are the most exciting days in a long while

DizzyMatureIcelandicsheepdog-max-1mb.gif

Still around !!!! Just laying low for a while. Ready for all things UTEP !!! being noisier on twitter these days !!! PICKS UP !!!!!

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I’m surprised @mikesarabia hasn't posted as much. He’s a big basketball fan.

His last message was somewhat cryptic, imo. I asked if he knew anything. He never answered. That could mean he either knows something and is avoiding the board so as to not be hounded about the news. Or...he doesn’t know anything more than we do. Either way, we’re still here chasing our tails until 6:00 E.

I've been around. I still frequent the boards daily, I just don't always post all that much

Feral Felidae...Time to time on here
UTEP 79...no clue
Minwe Dawgma....I think a Kyyote's regular
Axe-cuseme....Seen them here time to time
Cube Jack.....ditto
Tenacious D....Kyyote regular
Minerforlife......See him on here time to time, Posts more often when in season.
shyminer81....No clue
Vegasminer....come on here time to time
pay4dirt....no clue
PURPLEFIRE.....Seen on here time to time
KaneFan29...checked in
AZminer.....Time to time as well
Miner in Wisconsin....Wis. Good ol Wis. I love their insight. Hope they are doing well
picksup...no clue
and maybe most curious of all.... Bigwood....Anyone check lower Dyer Street?

I been on a much needed vacation this month, went to hide out in a state for a couple of weeks where weed is legal so I had to reset my Digs password.

Only UTEP info I have gotten my hands on lately? I got multiple texts on Friday, May 3rd saying the 6'10 kid from Canada committed, then later heard he was waiting until today to announce his decision like the rest of us did.

Was very pissed about RT losing a recruiting battle to a kid he previously signed, but realized 17 and 18 year old kids are very unpredictable now a days, and getting really pissed about that wasn't good for my health. Remember the last time we needed bodies to fill basketball scholarships in mid-May? Not much out there to be excited about right now other than the 6'10 kid in in my opinion and it's really no ones fault, Terry didn't inherit an NCAA team like Tim did, so patience is a must because I think we will be terrible once again this year in hoops but again its just May 16th......

So I'll wait for any excitement or hype talk until football camp starts, and the basketball roster is set with grad transfers, meaning August/Sept is when games are close to being played and the real excitement can begin, I just can't get fired up from spring time Twitter edits, and fans constantly tweeting at kids. The twitter hype didn't work for Likekele and all these new UTEP twitter pages that all of a sudden cover basketball recruiting look very desperate and questionable....

Sure, both football and basketball are making social media waves, but social media waves don't improve inept offenses, and lack of talent/depth. Not trying to be Sports Talk Carlos, I'm hoping for the best, but we are in major rebuilds for both sports so I am taming my excitement until I see the product or culture on the field or floor.

Anyone wanna talk Chihuahuas baseball? ;)

The following haven't been seen in a long while. In the midst of the excitement of forming new FB and BB rosters you have been curiously absent. Where are you?
Feral Felidae
UTEP 79
Minwe Dawgma
Axe-cuseme
Cube Jack
Tenacious D
Minerforlife
shyminer81
Vegasminer
pay4dirt
PURPLEFIRE
KaneFan29
AZminer
Miner in Wisconsin
picksup
and maybe most curious of all.... Bigwood
I'm certain I omitted some, but all of your 2.cents are missed.These are the most exciting days in a long while

Just needed a break from the trolls who probably have new names now.

Another MIA, is Eddie... oh where are you hiding bud... Also, is Ronstr no longer posting here? Stan? Fronchi? I miss Realm too... and his green alien. A true troll.

I think stanman915 is the same as 505, could be wrong. FronChi was mentioned a few months back. Think they said he was deployed somewhere....Realm was a true troll

Sure, both football and basketball are making social media waves, but social media waves don't improve inept offenses, and lack of talent/depth. Not trying to be Sports Talk Carlos, I'm hoping for the best, but we are in major rebuilds for both sports so I am taming my excitement until I see the product or culture on the field or floor.

It's pretty funny because I stated those things a couple of days ago. Posting on Twitter doesn't win games. I'm excited about the players that actually show up and play for UTEP.

Start a thread about baseball. It's more exciting than recruiting.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
Another MIA, is Eddie... oh where are you hiding bud... Also, is Ronstr no longer posting here? Stan? Fronchi? I miss Realm too... and his green alien. A true troll.
I'm still around. (ronstr) Got booted a few times while being drunk. Ha! Also, don't post other sites links or you'll get kicked too. LOL

I saw Minwe Dawgma um...about six months ago...existing day-to-day on a Nyquil kick in San Perlita, Texas. Poor bastard carves soap dishes, knits men's hankies and sings dirty Irish ditties for Wafflehouse leftovers...

Next time I see him I'll buy him some chicken and waffles and tell him that you inquired of his welfare...

...he doesn't owe money does he?....

I think stanman915 is the same as 505, could be wrong. FronChi was mentioned a few months back. Think they said he was deployed somewhere....Realm was a true troll
Stan is still active but moved to The Den. I can guarantee Realm is not a troll. Nice person, but their take on UTEP sports is their viewpoint. MinersWon will be back. Once CRT gets things rolling, he'll be back.

I saw Minwe Dawgma um...about six months ago...existing day-to-day on a Nyquil kick in San Perlita, Texas. Poor bastard carves soap dishes, knits men's hankies and sings dirty Irish ditties for Wafflehouse leftovers...

Next time I see him I'll buy him some chicken and waffles and tell him that you inquired of his welfare...

No. Police have questions about you and this woman and child seen at some bar near UTEP?
0PPojk6.gif

I been on a much needed vacation this month, went to hide out in a state for a couple of weeks where weed is legal so I had to reset my Digs password.

Only UTEP info I have gotten my hands on lately? I got multiple texts on Friday, May 3rd saying the 6'10 kid from Canada committed, then later heard he was waiting until today to announce his decision like the rest of us did.

Was very pissed about RT losing a recruiting battle to a kid he previously signed, but realized 17 and 18 year old kids are very unpredictable now a days, and getting really pissed about that wasn't good for my health. Remember the last time we needed bodies to fill basketball scholarships in mid-May? Not much out there to be excited about right now other than the 6'10 kid in in my opinion and it's really no ones fault, Terry didn't inherit an NCAA team like Tim did, so patience is a must because I think we will be terrible once again this year in hoops but again its just May 16th......

So I'll wait for any excitement or hype talk until football camp starts, and the basketball roster is set with grad transfers, meaning August/Sept is when games are close to being played and the real excitement can begin, I just can't get fired up from spring time Twitter edits, and fans constantly tweeting at kids. The twitter hype didn't work for Likekele and all these new UTEP twitter pages that all of a sudden cover basketball recruiting look very desperate and questionable....

You're not out of line in your expectations. We are indeed in a multi year rebuilding process. What SHOULD be exciting is the "expectation" that our current rebuild won't continue indefinitely. Consistent growth is something we could never expect from the previous regime.

CRT still has a lot to prove, but I'm happy with his progress so far. We unfortunately have a recruiting class that's basically filled with projects, but I think there's a lot of potential here.

You're not out of line in your expectations. We are indeed in a multi year rebuilding process. What SHOULD be exciting is the "expectation" that our current rebuild won't continue indefinitely. Consistent growth is something we could never expect from the previous regime.

CRT still has a lot to prove, but I'm happy with his progress so far. We unfortunately have a recruiting class that's basically filled with projects, but I think there's a lot of potential here.
I want the Bigwood expectation like taking that date to the restaurant that "seals the deal". Right Bigwood? The Haskins and BG expectation that you can deliver a win at any place at any moment.

Reactions: USAFminersfan
I used to be stanman505 but couldn't get my old password back so I created the new name. I did post on the other board some but am back home. An FYI for everyone, I wanted Rodney Terry to be the UTEP basketball coach back after Barbee left. I also don't have the same inside sources that I used to.

I read the board just don’t really have anything to add. And no I’m not a Kyote board regular. Don’t know where hat came from
Sorry. That is my fault. I should have been more clear and just stated some from here went to Kyyote's and left it at that. Sorry.

The real question is whatever happened to the following posters?

El Paso Chihuahuas
El Paso 777
El Paso Sports Fan
UTEP Grade
UTEP 05

I know there is more but I can’t remember them all right now. But those were class A contributors. Full of knowledge and inside info.

One usually has to to the toilet at Village Inn for this type of entertaining prose. Or the Den...

Reactions: Miner Dawgma
Of course, but I'm cautiously optimistic - to expect a bunch of freshmen to lead a team is unrealistic. I prefer to react to what I see vs. starting to predict what will happen. But yes, I am glad Tim Floyd left and Terry is here.
The quality of those recruits that have joined in has to be worth something to you. If not in 2018/19, certainly it's a big step toward a positive future for the program. If Terry had signed a bunch of duds I could understand complacency, but these are not duds.
Go Miners!

If Terry had signed a bunch of duds I could understand complacency, but these are not duds.

The fact is that nobody knows if they will be duds or not that until they play. I hope Terry does great here, but like TenaciousD, I am cautiously optimistic as well. Most people thought Floyd was going to great things for UTEP when he got here 8 years ago and we were all wrong about that.

The quality is there, and again, there is reason to be excited about the future, no doubt.

I am also pragmatic, I recall driving home from work and listening to SportsTalk when we signed a true 7-footer from Colorado named Jon Bomba, I saw this board go crazy and start drooling over multiple NCAA appearances when our recruiting class had Top-100 players Nick Enzweiler and Antone Jarrell. Anyone remember an Australian sharp-shooter named Luke Martin who was supposed to open up our inside game. Or when we signed some German kid named Thomas Gherke mid-season and he helped us beat Boise in the 6-24 season (our coach was so excited he even went out an got a DUI). We even signed a McDonald’s All-American, who ended up playing at UCLA.

Point is, let them play a season against other all-state, all-conference, all-district, etc type players. I prefer to watch them on the court and see how they perform. I don’t get caught up in basketball season in mid-May.

Point is, let them play a season against other all-state, all-conference, all-district, etc type players. I prefer to watch them on the court and see how they perform. I don’t get caught up in basketball season in mid-May.

This x10000000000!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT