ADVERTISEMENT

Mid-major fallout: Grad transfers can hurt teams they leave

NCAA players are supposed to be student-athletes. If a student has earned his degree with eligibility remaining, he is an exemplary student-athlete and he has earned the right to pursue his next degree as he sees fit with his remaining eligibility. It's a reward to these students for their hard work and dedication.

I'd much rather the system be changed to discourage the one-and-done epidemic. Of course, I don't know how to solve that problem if the NBA won't change its current policy. But the fact that certain schools cater to one-and-done students and consider that part of their culture just makes a mockery of the idea of the student-athlete. And most of these schools are not the mid-majors.

The NBA will take players at age 19. Any underage guy coming out of high school has the right to play overseas or play in the G-league and get paid until they are draft eligible.

I too agree that the NBA should stopped pretending to care about players' well being and just give them a shot if they are ready. One and done college players could give 2 shits about their education right now, or ever. Students can go to school at any time. The one and done is just stupid and it hurts parody on the college level. Zion could start on 90% of NBA teams right now.

I'm fine with graduate transfers and having to sit out 1 year for regular transfers. I also like that the players can declare and then withdrawl from the draft after being graded.

Personally I would like to see at least a 2 year rule (if not a 3-year rule) implemented for college basketball players.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT