ADVERTISEMENT

More embarrassment

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
My son is a Texas Tech grad. He has always had the upper hand with their football vs UTEP's. I've always felt a little edge with the basketball programs, but look at it now. Tech is 4-0 and all victories have been lopsided winning by an average of 28 points. Just beat Northwestern by 26 and they were ranked 20th nationally. From out of nowhere Tech has emerged as a great team. They are usually a .500 or so team. Their coach is in his second year (Chris Beard) from Mc Murry, Little Rock and Angelo State. Pretty impressive.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Pssssh. Texas Tech is located in luxurious Lubbock and has good nightlife. Bob Knight used to coach there and they're in the Big 12.

No way UTEP could ever compete with a school whose basketball team is mostly ignored by everyone!

They are probably cheating or that new coach hasn't had to deal with millennials or the transfer epidemic. It takes 9 years of mediocre results to get a program going. Plus that coach is pretty dumb. Has he scheduled any D3 schools? Doesn't he know he can just win 3 games at the conference tournament to get an automatic bid. Pretty stupid to try and win games at this point in the season.

My son is a Texas Tech grad. He has always had the upper hand with their football vs UTEP's. I've always felt a little edge with the basketball programs, but look at it now. Tech is 4-0 and all victories have been lopsided winning by an average of 28 points. Just beat Northwestern by 26 and they were ranked 20th nationally. From out of nowhere Tech has emerged as a great team. They are usually a .500 or so team. Their coach is in his second year (Chris Beard) from Mc Murry, Little Rock and Angelo State. Pretty impressive.
Northwestern, unfortunately, is not a top-20 team right now, which is baffling since they returned so many key players from last year's NCAA team. I was at the NU-Creighton game and Creighton just simply gashed Northwestern; their defense needs a lot of work. The pieces are there so I would hope they can put it together by conference play, but I wouldn't read too much into the Texas Tech win right now.

It's a shame that both my basketball teams are disappointing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT