ADVERTISEMENT

My suggestion

USAFminersfan

MI Regular
Nov 8, 2008
I've sent several emails to the Athletics Admin demanding answers, as well as action in regards to this bball coaching staff. I've stopped donating to the Athletic Club, and encouraged my family to do the same.

I'm encouraging everyone who posts on this board to do the same. It probably won't make a difference, but maybe an increase in pressure will result in some changes. We can only hope.

http://www.utepathletics.com/staffdir/utep-staffdir.html

Absolutely. A short, but direct message is many times more effective than a long rant. These people are busy (at least they should be), so they're not going to entertain some long-winded attack on themselves and their staff. Keep it professional.

I've yet to receive any replies, and honestly I don't expect to. Pressure is already being mounted by the fans and media, and this will only add another layer to that. They may never respond, but with enough email activity, they'll def get the message

I've yet to receive any replies, and honestly I don't expect to. Pressure is already being mounted by the fans and media, and this will only add another layer to that. They may never respond, but with enough email activity, they'll def get the message

That's my take on it.

Howdy Folks!
I am pleased to announce that Wednesday night; before our game, Dr. Natalicio responded to an email which I sent to her after the Northern Arizona game. I stated politely my displeasure with the basketball catastrophe and that I hoped she was involved in seeking a solution ASAP. I had not checked my email all day and was shocked to see that she responded. She assured me that she realizes the dilemma and is considering what course to take. I really didn't expect an answer; but only to express myself from the standpoint of being a long time supporter. I feel confident that she will take appropriate action and don't envy her challenge.
I did not follow the Wednesday game although I know the outcome. I just returned from an evening out tonight and don't know the outcome of tonight's game either although I would bet money on the outcome. These are games I purposely avoided and I will continue this way until further notice.

Just got a reply from Natalicio. After saying I will withhold my support until changes are made, she said they are working hard, blah blah... She then thanks me for my support. WTF... Didn't even read my note.

I also received a reply from Dr. Natalicio. I do appreciate that because in past efforts to communicate with Stull I've never received anything back.

Her reply may be a stock one but the more emails she receives the more she will realize how disenchanted the fans are:

Thanks for sharing your perspective with me....and for your continued support of UTEP Athletics. We will do all we can to make you proud.

Best wishes for happy holidays.

Go Miners!

I just received another response from Dr. Natalicio after I responded to her first response. I told her how bad Wisconsin athletics were at one point and how now it is a source of pride in all of the state.

Thanks, Steve. I think we all recognize the importance of community pride and the role that UTEP athletics plays in helping build it. All of us at UTEP are especially proud of our storied Miner men’s basketball program and will do all we can to ensure that we maintain its luster.

Go Miners!

Reactions: unihorn
Sorry to say guys but I think you guys are just getting automated answers. Don't get all hyped up. Y'all emails probably go to spam.

Reactions: UTEP05
You don't get to her position by micro management or caving to every email request. She's not going to badmouth the program or coaches to random fans. I'm impressed she answered at all. Many people in her position wouldn't bother since they probably get floods of email on different topics daily.

Last edited:
Great Great Great Grandma Natalicio acts accordingly, she is a true kind and loving Great Great Grandmother where everything is okay and everything is so beautiful. It's such a lovely family isn't ? what could go wrong ?

Reactions: UTEP05
The second response I received was definitely not a canned or automated one. Too much in it talking about the exact issues I brought up. I do expect that the person responding was not Natalicio but someone she appointed to the task. But the fact that she has anyone responding in a positive tone is encouraging.

So I wonder whatever happened to these emails...

You know, it's not over until it's over. YES it has been a tremendous turn around that nobody expected, I recognize it. But Floyd has yet to get us to the NCAA Tournament or win a postseason game. So until I see that happening then I'll take off my hat.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT