ADVERTISEMENT

NAU game attendance predictions

That reminds me of Herman Cain, former POTUS candidate.
cain_999_111012.jpg

Dimel has to win some games to put to rest last year. UTEP has the hard core no matter what base so that's good for 10,000 to 15,000 but a FCS school so I say 23,500.

That reminds me of Herman Cain, former POTUS candidate.
cain_999_111012.jpg

Dimel has to win some games to put to rest last year. UTEP has the hard core no matter what base so that's good for 10,000 to 15,000 but a FCS school so I say 23,500.

Hilarious.

Senter just tweeted he doesn't know how many tickets have been sold. How can that be correct? He has to know how many tickets are sold.

Senter just tweeted he doesn't know how many tickets have been sold. How can that be correct? He has to know how many tickets are sold.
Oh, Jim Senter knows. Not much goes on in that athletic department that escapes his gaze.

With so many selling days still ahead, only an announced sellout would put a positive spin on the number of tickets sold to date.

Reactions: develman
Oh, Jim Senter knows. Not much goes on in that athletic department that escapes his gaze.

With so many selling days still ahead, only an announced sellout would put a positive spin on the number of tickets sold to date.

So you think Senter is lying? Lying to fans is never a good thing.

Have to say I'm disappointed in Senter on this. For the first time since he got here he is being purposely evasive. Why not just say what the current number is (maybe only 15k at this point) and also say he is hoping for a big walk up crowd. He loses some credibility by saying he doesn't have a number when we all know he does. I was all for his hiring but apparently I was drinking his coolaid with all the town hall meetings and social media efforts because my earlier prediction was 40k and by looking at the UTEP ticketmaster site, we will be lucky to have 25k. I hope I'm surprised and the attendance is bigger than that but it sure does not look like it at this point. Oh well, back to the only thing that will really help attendance and that's winning, so go Miners!

Have to say I'm disappointed in Senter on this. For the first time since he got here he is being purposely evasive. Why not just say what the current number is (maybe only 15k at this point) and also say he is hoping for a big walk up crowd. He loses some credibility by saying he doesn't have a number when we all know he does. I was all for his hiring but apparently I was drinking his coolaid with all the town hall meetings and social media efforts because my earlier prediction was 40k and by looking at the UTEP ticketmaster site, we will be lucky to have 25k. I hope I'm surprised and the attendance is bigger than that but it sure does not look like it at this point. Oh well, back to the only thing that will really help attendance and that's winning, so go Miners!

Senter gets an "A" for enthusiasm and engagement. Where UTEP still struggles just as bad as they did under Stull is marketing. The marketing department is not close to a d-1 level marketing department. Their marketing efforts have fallen woefully short. This will take time to fix. He kept most of the staff Stull had. Its probably time to clean house. However, that will have to wait until March.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
Senter gets an "A" for enthusiasm and engagement. Where UTEP still struggles just as bad as they did under Stull is marketing. The marketing department is not close to a d-1 level marketing department. Their marketing efforts have fallen woefully short. This will take time to fix. He kept most of the staff Stull had. Its probably time to clean house. However, that will have to wait until March.

The marketing department needs to be expanded. Marketing comes down to fans spreading the word as well. Telling your family and friends to come to the game for a good time. UTEP has stepped up on marketing a lot this year with the limited budget they have.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Lmao! Hahaha, Yes it's a Terrible Hire we were all drinking the cool aid. He's failed miserably as our New AD, less than a week before his 1st football season has even begun. Why, well because he does what every AD of a mid mid major program does before a game. Have you ever been to a night club and see a line, even though it's not packed inside? There's an intended purpose for this. I hope your post was tongue and cheek, cause your usually smarter than a post like this Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Marketing is pretty ineffective unless the teams are somewhat competitive. Senter can spend $1 million dollars trying to market the NAU game and we are still going to have same small crowd we are going to have on Saturday. Stull has created such a disinterest in UTEP athletics that fair-weather fans aren't going to give a flying F#@! about radio advertisements, billboards , flyers, etc..promoting UTEP games unless they start winning games and being competitive. The only UTEP sports team with a winning record last year was cross country or track and field ( I forget which one), most fans are taking the wait and see approach to UTEP athletics. But Chris Park would have launched the most effective and greatest marketing campaign in college sports history if he was AD, and the NAU game would have already been sold out a week before the game.

Reactions: utep-piggy
So you think Senter is lying? Lying to fans is never a good thing.
Somehow, we got from Senter choosing not to release preliminary attendance figures, which he is under no obligation to do -- on a Monday -- to he is lying.

Lying?

How did you make such a leap? Your handle is "El Paso is Great," and I fully concur. But your logic here, amigo, is less than great.

There's no breach of faith here. If I were the President of UTEP, or any D-1 university, I would hope my A.D. would be too busy reaching the fan base and connecting with donors to spend much time on how many tickets have been sold ... on a Monday, prior to a Saturday event.

Lying? Hoo-boy, shake yourself.

Jim Senter and I are acquaintances, not yet friends, but I can say with certainty, he is part of the solution, not part of the problem. Ask anybody who has spent five minutes in Senter's orbit.

While Senter and the football staff and the men's basketball staff get their collective new act together, do us all a favor, El Paso is Great. Pull your head out.

Marketing is pretty ineffective unless the teams are somewhat competitive. Senter can spend $1 million dollars trying to market the NAU game and we are still going to have same small crowd we are going to have on Saturday. Stull has created such a disinterest in UTEP athletics that fair-weather fans aren't going to give a flying F#@! about radio advertisements, billboards , flyers, etc..promoting UTEP games unless they start winning games and being competitive. The only UTEP sports team with a winning record last year was cross country or track and field ( I forget which one), most fans are taking the wait and see approach to UTEP athletics. But Chris Park would have launched the most effective and greatest marketing campaign in college sports history if he was AD, and the NAU game would have already been sold out a week before the game.

You're a dumbass.

Takes one to know one!!! Your the dumb ass who wanted Chris Park to be AD. And please change your name to DumbAssForLife cause thats what you are.

Reactions: KaneFan29

Post of the month award winner!!! UTEP Athletics continues to suffer from years of institutional apathy and neglect generated by Natalicio and Stull. They didn't care about the long term success of the athletic programs which has resulted in the worst division I athletic program in the nation.

Somehow, we got from Senter choosing not to release preliminary attendance figures, which he is under no obligation to do -- on a Monday -- to he is lying.

Lying?

How did you make such a leap? Your handle is "El Paso is Great," and I fully concur. But your logic here, amigo, is less than great.

There's no breach of faith here. If I were the President of UTEP, or any D-1 university, I would hope my A.D. would be too busy reaching the fan base and connecting with donors to spend much time on how many tickets have been sold ... on a Monday, prior to a Saturday event.

Jim Senter and I are acquaintances, not yet friends, but I can say with certainty, he is part of the solution, not part of the problem. Ask anybody who has spent five minutes in Senter's orbit.

While Senter and the football staff and the men's basketball staff get their collective new act together, do us all a favor, El Paso is Great. Pull your head out.

62 jfyi, our village idiot is back.

Lying?

Senter clearly stated they don't have any figures yet. It would take five seconds to know how many tickets are sold. It's five days before the game. You think he doesn't know how many tickets are sold?

I'm with you 100% on this. I was excited when Senter was hired because he was somebody new and he brought new energy into UTEP athletics. His tweet just left me dumbfounded. Lying to fans is never good.

Why, well because he does what every AD of a mid mid major program does before a game. Have you ever been to a night club and see a line, even though it's not packed inside? There's an intended purpose for this.

Didn't Stull release attendance figures the week of the game?

The problem with that analogy is you can look at Ticketmaster and see thousands of tickets still available. It's no secret that there are tons of tickets still available.

???

The marketing department is all different aside from two people

STFU! Dude, really? He loses credibility because doesn't spit out a number because YOU want him to? Does he have a ticker on his phone updating him with the numbers? Why is that important? IT'S NOT!
So you're ready to give up on Senter because he didn't give you a number as you expect? Yep.....good fan there buddy...Go cheer on Wisconsin.
Jackass comments of the day....

They surely have done nothing different. The football promotions page is blank: https://utepathletics.com/sports/2017/6/7/promotions-utep-m-footbl-promotions-html.aspx

How many people work in the marketing department and what exactly do they do? I hope they don't get paid much because they do a horrible job.
Welcome back idiot chihuahua....I don't get your stupidity and persistence coming back 10,000 times under different names when you finally get banned every single time. Stupidity at it's finest

STFU! Dude, really? He loses credibility because doesn't spit out a number because YOU want him to? Does he have a ticker on his phone updating him with the numbers? Why is that important? IT'S NOT!
So you're ready to give up on Senter because he didn't give you a number as you expect? Yep.....good fan there buddy...Go cheer on Wisconsin.
Jackass comments of the day....
I didn't ask him for a number, someone else did and instead of either giving the number or saying he does not want to give the number, he said he did not know the number. That's not true and anyone with an ounce of common sense knows it.

I still like Senter and hope he is the greatest AD in UTEP history. No need for him to lie about anything.

As for cheering on Wisconsin, I will just as I always have. They are my 2nd favorite team after UTEP. I will always cheer for UTEP regardless of what some Internet tough guy like yourself has to say.

Here’s the twitter thread for those that haven’t seen it. IMO if he didn’t want to release numbers because they are low or whatever other reason then he should have avoided that tweet. There would be no harm in that. Plenty of twitter questions directed at AD’s and coaches go unanswered every day.

They surely have done nothing different. The football promotions page is blank: https://utepathletics.com/sports/2017/6/7/promotions-utep-m-footbl-promotions-html.aspx

How many people work in the marketing department and what exactly do they do? I hope they don't get paid much because they do a horrible job.
Yup, NMSU kicks their arse up and down the sidewalk. Even other mid major teams are asking NMSU if they have dates available to go play in Las Cruces because of great TV coverage, sell out crowds and to go visit Chope's. Darn Liberty took the last date available in Cruces. Stupid Liberty!

It's officially UTEP football season on here. The sheep lovers are back on 'digs. Darn, I was just starting to enjoy the actual analysis from actual fans on here.

Yup, NMSU kicks their arse up and down the sidewalk. Even other mid major teams are asking NMSU if they have dates available to go play in Las Cruces because of great TV coverage, sell out crowds and to go visit Chope's. Darn Liberty took the last date available in Cruces. Stupid Liberty!

It's officially UTEP football season on here. The sheep lovers are back on 'digs. Darn, I was just starting to enjoy the actual analysis from actual fans on here.

Who cares about NMSU? If you want to talk about NMSU go to their board.

Reactions: KaneFan29
I see no problem with his tweet. I'm still waiting for my poster though lol... I think he may be embarrassed of the number... I am guessing attendance will be 23,471. :) I refuse to predict the score lol

I see no problem with his tweet. I'm still waiting for my poster though lol... I think he may be embarrassed of the number... I am guessing attendance will be 23,471. :) I refuse to predict the score lol

So you have no problem that he lies to fans?

What poster are you waiting for?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT