ADVERTISEMENT

NAU game attendance predictions

I really wish we would hit at least 40k but I don’t see it. I’m going with 33,815.

35,000. Part of me wants to lowball it and say 32,000 since they are coming off an 0-12 season. But part of me wants to say 38,000 because just maybe there is a renewed optimism amongst the casual fans and the marketing is paying off. So I’ll pick the median average.

I am going with 35,500.
I was going to say 35k but somebody beat me to the punch.

Go miners...

Jimmy Johnson and Mack Brown are out of eligibility. Who goes to the time, expense and trouble to attend a game -- to watch a coach on the sidelines?

If Mack Brown was UTEP's head coach he would easily get over 40,000 for the NAU game.

I actually think 38,000 for NAU 28,000 for NMSU. There will be a big marketing push for the first game.

You think the crowd will drop for NMSU? I think we’re expecting a 1-2 UTEP team which shouldn’t hurt attendance, especially since those losses will be on the road. NMSU could be 2-2 and coming off their first bowl/bowl win in 50 plus years. I feel like a lot of NMSU fans will travel to that game just because they are nice and arrogant right now.ive always felt like the home losses hurt attendance more than road losses, so that NMSU game win or lose will decide if there’s a big uptick or downturn in the attendance.

I think back to the Army-West Point game of 2016, and shudder.

Attendance for the home opener might well hinge on a social/psychological factor that cannot be known until kickoff: With Miners fans, how much scar tissue lingers from the past two years?

Reactions: develman
You think the crowd will drop for NMSU? I think we’re expecting a 1-2 UTEP team which shouldn’t hurt attendance, especially since those losses will be on the road. NMSU could be 2-2 and coming off their first bowl/bowl win in 50 plus years. I feel like a lot of NMSU fans will travel to that game just because they are nice and arrogant right now.ive always felt like the home losses hurt attendance more than road losses, so that NMSU game win or lose will decide if there’s a big uptick or downturn in the attendance.

NMSU fans? You mean like Mel's graduation party? I don't think all 40 of them will show up. Hell, after that night, I don't think Mel even knows he graduated

The best attendance for a home opener vs an FCS opponent that I could find was Price's first year vs Weber St and it was just over 34k. There was a lot of excitement about Price coming as the new head coach so even after a loss at Arizona St to open the season, there was a good turnout for the home opener. Our new AD seems to be doing a good job building up interest in Miner FB so I expect a good crowd of just over 40k. Saw on twitter that NAU has opened as an 8 point favorite over the Miners for the opener.

usually for that first game of the year the students actually show up. The freshmen are excited to actually have free tickets and something social to do. Some of the Greek organizations are just wanting to tailgate

The best attendance for a home opener vs an FCS opponent that I could find was Price's first year vs Weber St and it was just over 34k. There was a lot of excitement about Price coming as the new head coach so even after a loss at Arizona St to open the season, there was a good turnout for the home opener. Our new AD seems to be doing a good job building up interest in Miner FB so I expect a good crowd of just over 40k. Saw on twitter that NAU has opened as an 8 point favorite over the Miners for the opener.

You're crazy if you think the excitement for Dana Dimel exceeds the excitement for Mike Price.

I am just wondering why single tickets aren't on sale yet for the season. I have seen zero commercials or anything advertising the first game. It seems like nothing has changed.

I am just wondering why single tickets aren't on sale yet for the season. I have seen zero commercials or anything advertising the first game. It seems like nothing has changed.
Because they’re still trying to sell season tickets first.

You can't do both? It doesn't make sense at all.

I see why they do it, but I don't think putting single game tickets on sell now will make any difference. Maybe on August 1st, they can start pushing single game. Still have to try and push the "get the same seat for all 6 games" deal.

I see why they do it, but I don't think putting single game tickets on sell now will make any difference. Maybe on August 1st, they can start pushing single game. Still have to try and push the "get the same seat for all 6 games" deal.

I totally understand that, but there is zero incentive to buy season tickets. Actually you are paying more when you buy season tickets vs. buying them individually. With the $10 processing fee a GA season ticket costs $76. If you bought them individually it would cost $72.

I’ve been looking at the ticket master website and there is still a lot of reserved seating available. I think the majority of season tickets sold are from GA so it’s not possible to get a good estimate of how many sold tickets we’re at. Also sections 1,2,9, and 26 are either sold out or they’re not selling those to the public. I would guess it’s part of some promotional deal. It’s interesting that in the east side sections 22-25 all the top rows are sold out. Not sure if Senter liked my idea of closing those upper seats off or if those are sold season tickets.

The NMSU AD has been given regular updates through his Twitter of sold tickets and revenue from them. Not that it worked since the $3 tickets only produced a crowd of 20k vs Wyoming. Haven’t heard anything public from Senter or UTEP. I wonder if we are also in for a rude awakening with a half empty Sun Bowl?

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/game-...artistid=834308&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8

I’ve been looking at the ticket master website and there is still a lot of reserved seating available. I think the majority of season tickets sold are from GA so it’s not possible to get a good estimate of how many sold tickets we’re at. Also sections 1,2,9, and 26 are either sold out or they’re not selling those to the public. I would guess it’s part of some promotional deal. It’s interesting that in the east side sections 22-25 all the top rows are sold out. Not sure if Senter liked my idea of closing those upper seats off or if those are sold season tickets.

The NMSU AD has been given regular updates through his Twitter of sold tickets and revenue from them. Not that it worked since the $3 tickets only produced a crowd of 20k vs Wyoming. Haven’t heard anything public from Senter or UTEP. I wonder if we are also in for a rude awakening with a half empty Sun Bowl?

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/game-...artistid=834308&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8

A half empty Sun Bowl means 26,000 in attendance! Things looking better already!!

Section 2 is where the family packs are sold and there’s really no chance, they were sold out. And the Top of Sections 22-25 are rarely sold. Those are not sold out either. There are a ton of GA seats and almost every seat near the student section is available. Who knows how many students will show up. At this point, UTEP will be lucky to get 25,000.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT