ADVERTISEMENT

New Court Design?

Well if the contributors to Pro Football Journal were anybody, they’d probably be flying over EP rather than driving through. Just sayin’.

With that said, not a fan of the new court design. I’m kinda old school in that regard though. It’s kind of distracting, imo. Love the actual Franklins though.

Well if the contributors to Pro Football Journal were anybody, they’d probably be flying over EP rather than driving through. Just sayin’.

With that said, not a fan of the new court design. I’m kinda old school in that regard though. It’s kind of distracting, imo. Love the actual Franklins though.
I like it better than the two pick axes. Now correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t UTEP had 3 court designs in the last couple of years?

I like it better than the two pick axes. Now correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t UTEP had 3 court designs in the last couple of years?
Not exactly sure of the time frame. I would’ve guessed the pick ax court was designed 4-5 years ago. I may be off. But yeah, 3rd one in the last few years.

Why not do some with Texas Western or the the 1966 team?? Or Glory Road?? Don Haskins??

Not good enough. Utep is totally missing a great opportunity to have a cool floor design. Who cares about mountains.
Yeah, nothing says “cool” like “Glory Road” and “Don Haskins”. All the kids are always doing tic toks based on Haskins defense and quoting lines from Glory Road!

I don’t have a problem with the new court design, I‘d be interested in what you would want as a design to honor the 66 team. There is a banner, decals on the court, a mural on the parking garage across the DHC, and a street named Glory Road just to name a few. I’m all for honoring our past but I don’t want to overkill it either.

It's going to be a problem looking for the 3 point line. As a shooter you dont another distraction. The color of the mountain is a dark color and the line is like dark blue. It's going to be a problem.
On occasion…I gotta agree with you, Fili. On this, I do.

Reactions: picks up
It's going to be a problem looking for the 3 point line. As a shooter you dont another distraction. The color of the mountain is a dark color and the line is like dark blue. It's going to be a problem.

On your own home court? Only if you're not paying attention in practice, in which case you don't deserve to be on the floor to begin with. As for opponents, that's their problem.

I predict problems down the road for the lack of contrast between 3pt line and the mountain. It gets lost! Opponents will gripe. Love the Franklin's, but not on the floor of The Don.
Fili...you got this one right.

Reactions: mikesarabia
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT