ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU vs UTEP

Yeah, I generally follow the Miners game by game, and just keep an eye on SDSU until the post season. I should just start primarily following the Aztecs. I would be much happier.
Yeah. No matter how bad it gets, the Miners will always be my #1, however the Coogs are #1b.

As much as I like cbb, it makes the post season a helluva lot more fun.

Well Hollywood was right about one thing. If we had been able to score 80 we would have won easily. But how likely is that to happen?

Reactions: FeralFelidae
when-you-realize-3e3c2ba876.jpg

When Senter hired Bronzeing 😂🤡

This is so f*king embarrassing! We suck! I just said it, but it bears repeating: FIRE GOLDING NOW!!!!!
This is very negative. Don’t need that kind of talk here. Please look at the UCSB thread for some positivity.

This is very negative. Don’t need that kind of talk here. Please look at the UCSB thread for some positivity.

We don't have to go that far back. Two games later we were still excited when we beat Cal. Then reality smacked us in the face, and smacked us hard.

Reactions: EPUTEP
Not sure why I’m such a glutton for punishment, but I’ll be watching the Miners establish zero presence in the paint, missing uncontested 3s, turning the ball over 15-20 times, while putting up a whopping 56 points. Not to mention our Swiss cheese defense. Fvckn sounds fun!
Not too far off.

*53, 56…meh, same difference
*15 turnovers
*22 points in the paint - 8 pts. between Kalu, Solomon and Jones.
*5-19 from 3 for 26.3%

Man, I don’t want to talk about that one. I’ll keep supporting the lads, but dang.

I had Chico's Tacos like 3 times during Christmas week. It was awesome. As were the menudos from Good Luck Cafe, Los Jarrones, and El Sarape. And the great craft cocktails (are they really still "craft" cocktails these days?) from Ambar and the other cool bars located downtown El Paso.

Also bought more amazing art pieces from Hal Marcus at his very awesome gallery on Oregon Street at River Ave. Even met Danny ::ahem:: Daniel Padilla and his painting are beautiful. Didn't pick one up this time because I picked up another Lester Hughes but have my eye on one or two of Danny's works.

Happy New Year's 'diggers.

Not sure why I’m such a glutton for punishment, but I’ll be watching the Miners establish zero presence in the paint, missing uncontested 3s, turning the ball over 15-20 times, while putting up a whopping 56 points. Not to mention our Swiss cheese defense. Fvckn sounds fun!
Almost.

Yeah. No matter how bad it gets, the Miners will always be my #1, however the Coogs are #1b.

As much as I like cbb, it makes the post season a helluva lot more fun.
As in Houston cougars?? Man they are gonna find out what a struggle the big 12 is this year .. I’ll be very surprised if they are in the top 5

As in Houston cougars?? Man they are gonna find out what a struggle the big 12 is this year .. I’ll be very surprised if they are in the top 5
Yep, UH. Obviously the Big 12 is a huge step up in competition, as it is the best conference in cbb. However, I cannot imagine a scenario in which the Coogs are not in the top 5. Sometimes they struggle a bit putting the ball in the bucket, but defensively I have not seen a better team in the country.

We, UH fans, do thank you Baylor guys for LJ Cryer. He has definitely helped on the offensive end of the court.

Yep, UH. Obviously the Big 12 is a huge step up in competition, as it is the best conference in cbb. However, I cannot imagine a scenario in which the Coogs are not in the top 5. Sometimes they struggle a bit putting the ball in the bucket, but defensively I have not seen a better team in the country.

We, UH fans, do thank you Baylor guys for LJ Cryer. He has definitely helped on the offensive end of the court.
Yes lj cryer was a fantastic shooter still mad he left… I am not sure as to why he left either he would have been a huge part of this year …. Baylor hasn’t been the same defensively since tang left for Kansas state … this conference will even stay tough after Texas and Oklahoma leave with Arizona, utah and Arizona state coming in for basketball

Yes lj cryer was a fantastic shooter still mad he left… I am not sure as to why he left either he would have been a huge part of this year …. Baylor hasn’t been the same defensively since tang left for Kansas state … this conference will even stay tough after Texas and Oklahoma leave with Arizona, utah and Arizona state coming in for basketball
Yeah, the SEC will gain a little ground in the cbb world with the addition of UT and OU, however the Big 12, with their additions, won't lose any ground when the two leave. Football will be a different story.

It's STILL a stretch to say the big 12 is the best conference in hoops. Very good, yes. Best, meh...

Really wonder if Golding was banking on Powell being "the guy" lol. He looks like he doesn't even care at times, and Hebb? That's the shooter? Golding always has this deer in a headlight look, he's zoned out.... Honest question, how did he have success at ACU? He's terrible.
Trying my best to answer this question with educated guesses, as it is very puzzling:
1. Maybe he had a better staff at ACU
2. Maybe he's just not cut out for the transfer portal/NIL era, and would have been more successful here if we were still working under the old rules.
3. Maybe he lucked into one or two golden recruiting classes at ACU, and his success at ACU would have been unsustainable after that class/those classes graduated (I've often wondered if this is what happened to Jim Brandenburg at Wyoming, had an amazing class with Dembo and Leckner, got the SDSU job, and then failed miserably)

These are just guesses, I don't really know. What I do know is that he has been horrible here at UTEP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT