ADVERTISEMENT

Not 0-12

Dimel has to produce this year or I believe he will be gone. Senter can't survive another 1 or even 2 win season if he does not fire Dimel and push the restart button for football. If Dimel's philosophy actually starts to show results, 3 wins and competitive in several other games, that will be enough to save his job. He has redshirted, grayshirted and blueshirted so let's see if the team actually shows up and competes and wins a few. The predictions for UTEP to win just 1 game is totally.... predictable. It always seems to be the case that if you did poorly last year then you will be predicted to do poorly again this year. Especially in a case like UTEP's where we've not seen measurable improvement from one season to the next.

UTEP will not be going 0-12 this year. The Big 10 and ACC have already said they’re only playing conference games this year. I would expect everyone else to do the same. We play 2 Big 12 teams and we’re not going to fly in or fly out to a MAC team to replace them.

CUSA will be lucky if they can play their conference games.

UTEP will not be going 0-12 this year. The Big 10 and ACC have already said they’re only playing conference games this year. I would expect everyone else to do the same. We play 2 Big 12 teams and we’re not going to fly in or fly out to a MAC team to replace them.

CUSA will be lucky if they can play their conference games.

Could be a truncated schedule played in the spring after the arrival of a vaccine. I would be happy to see a season of 8 or 9 games with a win over NMSU and a couple of cusa wins as well. Let's see some improvement and go from there or see no improvement and start over.

Would we be comfortable with Senter making that decision again?

Reactions: utep2step
Could be a truncated schedule played in the spring after the arrival of a vaccine. I would be happy to see a season of 8 or 9 games with a win over NMSU and a couple of cusa wins as well. Let's see some improvement and go from there or see no improvement and start over.

If UTEP goes 0-8, assuming those games are even played, you could only expect their max win total would have been 2 games (Nevada, NMSU). If Dimel went 2-10 I would hope Senter fires him.

Dimel stated he wouldn't take the job unless he was given five years.

With a truncated schedule and he pulls out 3 wins, no doubt Senter will call that a major success coming out of Covid 19 pandemic and give him two additional years for a whole host of reasons. He will use Covid as a "redo" button.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT