ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Speaking...

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
...Can someone provide the finalized list of the new recruits? Did I read that Silva is not coming? Wasn't there a question about Adrian Moore also?

Come one Miner1liner, everybody knows the roster won't be set until December 2017. We are still in our 2 year, no wait 3 year or is it 4 year recruiting cycle.

CTF finally has the program going in the right direction. This year, only one recruit isn't going to make it to campus...................................................................................................... Maybe.

CTF finally has the program going in the right direction. This year, only one recruit isn't going to make it to campus...................................................................................................... Maybe.

It's do or die with Floyd this year. Last year Kugler took the brunt of Minerland frustration for his constant live fire summer and fall camp that got many injured before opening day and "who me, pass the ball?" philosophy. He fired his top staff and went to other coaches on how to improve summer and fall camp practices and now the players are pumped and media has UTEP as the "sleeper" to win CUSA West. Floyd on the other hand has pretty much put the final nail in his coaching "hot seat" campaign by going after Kappy asking legit questions that Floyd nor the AD staff would answer, IMO. Unless Floyd wins the conference regular and/or tourney crown, he's done and so will the crazy recruiting he's brought to UTEP. This horse is wobbly and keeps falling and needs put to sleep.

Reactions: develman
You've got a lot more faith in our admin. I'm fairly well convinced he's coach for life as long as he keeps winning 15+ games a year. We need a 5-30 year to get rid of him in my opinion.

Just saw this on Twitter:

Maybe it can help ease some minds some, or it could be 'fiction' i'm not sure anymore when it comes to the basketball program

Floyd is outspoken and that is ok. Blaming a local sports media person for pointing out the giant elephant in the press room is another problem.

That's the first good news on Moore I've read since he signed back in April-May. Came from his HS coach so I'm gonna take it as legit.

Ok...I appreciate all of the brilliant diagnosing of Floyd's stature. It's all "Breaking News" from you guys. Now.....can someone please respond to the question?

Ok...I appreciate all of the brilliant diagnosing of Floyd's stature. It's all "Breaking News" from you guys. Now.....can someone please respond to the question?

I read something that made me think Silva isn't a guarantee. Actually a couple things. Don't know the legitimacy, though. As far as a finalized list of recruits. Not sure some of those smart azz remarks are too far off base. There isn't one that I am aware of.

3o72FiAgLm34QKLSnK.gif

Reactions: Carlosergio
Returnees.....(7) Artis, Flaggert, Harris, Thomas, Touchet, Willms, Winn
Newbies....(6) Moore, Barnes, Silva, Cameron, Barrett, Jones

Floyd looking for one more per EP Times, so who of the above is gone?

Returnees.....(7) Artis, Flaggert, Harris, Thomas, Touchet, Willms, Winn
Newbies....(6) Moore, Barnes, Silva, Cameron, Barrett, Jones

Floyd looking for one more per EP Times, so who of the above is gone?

It's been speculated that Silva might not stick it out. Not sure how substantiated that claim is, but he's the guy whose name I've heard in connection with that "rumor".

Didn't MR.com or another Miners site say Silva is not coming back, he's done....gone...take it to the bank? Who cares at this point and what difference does it make?! Will any of the new recruits get UTEP to the post season this year? Artis and Winn will show up every game and play lights out, and Winn will have a monster year, he's just to strong for some in CUSA to match up against. but it's anyone's guess after that how they can play to their full potential. Flaggert shows great signs, but he also disappears many times at well. Wilms will be good support be he's been out a long time and has he put on more strength?

Bball is on the back burner for this Miner fan. I really do believe football is going to have a special season. UTEP is loaded this season, everyone has experience AND healthy, the newbies look great, some true freshman may see a lot of playing time, the schedule is very favorable except for one game. I've been waiting for Kug to right this ship and all signs are positive as of now.

Floyd? Floyd can go eat a combination plate at La Malinche and hope all the recruits stay. He had his chance in the sun. I'll be there full support come November. Right now, it Jones time!

Basketball is too much a part of me...always has been; always will be. As long as I'm healthy enough to cheer or even groan, I'll be an avid Miner fan regardless of who the coach might be, what players we've got or what our record is. Imaminer; not an Aggie or a Mustang or a Horned Frog or a Lobo. Go Miners come Hell or Highwater! It is what it is! We've got what we've got!

I believe we have the team to do some noise this basketball season. I also think that coach Floyd is gonna pull out all the stops to succeed based on what happened off season. Football? Can't wait! It could be really special.

I believe we have the team to do some noise this basketball season. I also think that coach Floyd is gonna pull out all the stops to succeed based on what happened off season. Football? Can't wait! It could be really special.

Season 8 is a good one to finally "pull out all the stops". It's actually a brilliant strategy of playing possum. These poor bast bastards on our schedule will never see it coming...

Anyone going to scout Minerpalooza tonight for a (tall) Silva sighting?

Last edited:
So by your standards , "doing some noise" means a 22 win season with a cupcake schedule and a possible CBI invite. I take the "I will believe it when I see it" approach with Floyd.

Yeah he's a big kid. ^^

Conversely, Wynn doesn't look all that physically imposing. Goes to show that heart and attitude can make up for a lack of size. He's one of my favorite Floyd recruits, and he's only a sophomore.

I'm guessing this part of the parking lot slants, because no way are Willms nor Thomas that much shorter than Jones.

Last edited:
In terms of Silva, can you miss what you never really had? He was getting zero playing time this season. I don't see his departure as that big of a deal.

Agree. I'd bet there was actually some persuasion to perhaps look elsewhere. The kid could develop but he looked physically weak, and slow. Not d1 ready fo sho.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT