ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Aaron Price

Only in El Paso would this be breaking news. They NEVER have a press conference to name a new head football coach, not even at Franklin.

To me, big friggin deal.

Only in El Paso would this be breaking news. They NEVER have a press conference to name a new head football coach, not even at Franklin.

To me, big friggin deal.

Are you serious? In every corner of Texas there is a press conference or release immediately when a new football coach is hired!

http://www.ktxs.com/news/sweetwater-isd-names-new-head-football-coachathletic-director2/349686522

http://www.cbs7.com/content/sports/...igh-School-Head-Football-Coach-414496643.html

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/s...y-Foreman-hired-as-head-football-10934674.php

Meanwhile, back in Clovis.....(New Mexico is our neighbor)

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/clov...cle_e1f516a7-8caa-5753-a537-acad6acaadc1.html

I googled new football coach hired+Texas and that is a small handful of announcements within the last few days.

I now switched it to "physics teacher hired+Texas"

raw
Nada.....

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
My bad....Only because it's Price's son is it breaking news IN EL PASO. Was there a news conference when chuckie's replacement was hired at Montwood? No. Was there news coverage When coach Grijalva was hired at Franklin? no. Did anyone even know there was a new coach hired at Irvin last year? I bet not.

Because he is a Price, all the media in El Paso drool. It's stupid.

My bad....Only because it's Price's son is it breaking news IN EL PASO. Was there a news conference when chuckie's replacement was hired at Montwood? No. Was there news coverage When coach Grijalva was hired at Franklin? no. Did anyone even know there was a new coach hired at Irvin last year? I bet not.

I remember reading articles when all those new coaches were hired. And yes, there is more coverage because it is Price's son. Not stupid at all.

I'll bite....even though I know better....

You "might" have read articles, but none of them had pressers inviting all the media like they are Alabama. Send out a press release like normal El Paso schools. (if the even bother doing that) Aaron isn't Saban. Satan maybe....haha...J/K

I guess it's just annoying to me to see EVERY media outlet posting pics from a news conference announcing a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH hire in El Paso. We are El Paso, not Soutlake Carroll.

I'll bite....even though I know better....

You "might" have read articles, but none of them had pressers inviting all the media like they are Alabama. Send out a press release like normal El Paso schools. (if the even bother doing that) Aaron isn't Saban. Satan maybe....haha...J/K

I guess it's just annoying to me to see EVERY media outlet posting pics from a news conference announcing a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH hire in El Paso. We are El Paso, not Soutlake Carroll.

There is no "might". The news media always covers new hires for football and all the high school sports as well. I remember when other high school football coaches in El Paso were hired and there were pictures from the media outlets. I am not sure what your problem is and not sure why it's "annoying" to you.

Is it possible that hanks set up this new conference? Maybe the other schools didnt invite the media to introduxe their new coach.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
As UTEPfan1966 mentioned it's big news because he is Mike "sign tearing" Price's son.

Aside from that it's an impressive hire for Hanks. How often does a local high school hire a coach with such an extensive college coaching career? Even if his last name wasn't Price and a local high school hired a HC with 20+ years of coaching experience at the FBS level I think it would draw a lot of good media attention.

Reactions: miner661
This is a pretty interesting story. With his significant college experience, he is easily one of the most qualified new High School Football Coaching hires in El Paso history, yet he picked one of the least appealing jobs out there. This Hanks job is going to be real tough. They are land locked and they don't have access to a lot of the talent. They have been on a downward trajectory for a while now and this past season was one of the worst seasons in El Paso history....and that is not an exaggeration. They went 0-10 this past season and they got beat by an average of 33 points per game. Their defense gave up 45+ points in 8 of their 10 games and that is not even the worst of it, as they had 3 different games this past season where they gave up: 75, 71, and 67 points.

It will be interesting to see if he is able to produce any results at Hanks. If he wants to stay in El Paso long-term, then it would be great to see him eventually land one of the top jobs in El Paso and see if he can help an El Paso school make a deep run in the play-offs. Everybody always rallies behind any EP high school team that begins advancing in the state play-offs and him doing that(via his deep resume) would be a great story. It won't happen at Hanks, but if he eventually ends up at an El Dorado, Chapin, or Franklin type of school then things could get interesting.

Last edited:
I see through this. A masterstroke by Mike Price. Get Aaron to coach Hanks. He turns them around.

Then he takes over as UTEP's head coach when Kugler leaves UTEP for greener pastures after he leads the Miners to a 12-0 record, topped off with a win over Miami of Ohio on the Middle-of-Nowhere Enterprise Rent-a-Car Bowl in Teaneck, NJ.

Aaron hires his dad as OC and the Price dynasty continues....

Freaking brilliant.

lieb

I see through this. A masterstroke by Mike Price. Get Aaron to coach Hanks. He turns them around.

Then he takes over as UTEP's head coach when Kugler leaves UTEP for greener pastures after he leads the Miners to a 12-0 record, topped off with a win over Miami of Ohio on the Middle-of-Nowhere Enterprise Rent-a-Car Bowl in Teaneck, NJ.

Aaron hires his dad as OC and the Price dynasty continues....

Freaking brilliant.

lieb

ha ha ha ha ha!!! thanks! I needed a good laugh this morning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT