ADVERTISEMENT

OT : ALL THINGS SOCCER (-) WC and EURO CUP 😜

While I don’t disagree at all with that statement, we need to get this one right. It’s not enough to just take someone who’s style/approach is opposite of Berhalter. This is arguably the most pivotable time in the history of soccer in the United States. US Soccer needs to collect themselves, get their sh!t together, get on the same page, and go big.
We need a coach now who can make the team/guys we have better and set the table for the WC as well as the next 4-6 years. To me it's not that complicated. We need to be more aggressive with and without the ball and PLAY TO WIN. We need to stop getting bullied and start putting other teams on their heals.

We have good players and more will come. We have yet to have a generational talent, but as the sport grows I think that will come as well. We need to be ready when the opportunities present.

Looks like Cherundolo is next on the interview list for USMNT.

A friend of mine think Mourinho would be a good option as well.

Reactions: kickballpro
Not a soccer fan but my mom has always been a big fan and loooves Argentina and Messi.

So go Argentina!

That is all.
Carry on.

Of course the unruly fans are the #1 thing to blame. They caused the problem, not the 'lack of security'. It's entitled selfish assholes that try to circumvent the rules that are the issue. Yes security and entrance protocol will have to be improved for the World Cup, but it's not THE cause of the problem.

Bellingham scored a great goal on the bicycle kick earlier in the tourny, but he and other goal scorers need to get their shots more on target. The amount of shot attempts that miss the goal is silly

Last edited:
There’s a saying in Spanish that says “si ya sabes cómo me pongo para que me invitan.”

We anticipated trouble during the final. Given the huge revenue generated by this tournament, there should have been no excuses for lacking additional security or law enforcement to prevent the disturbances. The situation was worse than a game in Colombia—completely out of control. This is a blemish on the fans, CONMEBOL, and the USSF.

Reactions: axingfools1
Last edited:
Reactions: FeralFelidae
I'm not sure. I think his style is too modest and conservative. US players are not nearly as good as the English players..

We need somebody that can evaluate talent and be progressive enough to move the team forward with a more aggressive style of play.
I get what you’re saying. His style is similar to that of Berhalter, possession based, however he incorporates the counter attack wayyyy more than Berhalter. The counter has always been the USMNT’s bread and butter…what little bread and butter we’ve had.

He led England to two major finals, a semi and a quarter in 8 years. That’s against ALL the talent across Europe. He may be boring, and I did question his lineups and late subs this last Euro Cup, however he gets the results.

Despite similar styles, he’d be a HUGE upgrade from Berhalter. Another name gaining traction…again…is Patrick Vieira. He’s an interesting option imo.

I get what you’re saying. His style is similar to that of Berhalter, possession based, however he incorporates the counter attack wayyyy more than Berhalter. The counter has always been the USMNT’s bread and butter…what little bread and butter we’ve had.

He led England to two major finals, a semi and a quarter in 8 years. That’s against ALL the talent across Europe. He may be boring, and I did question his lineups and late subs this last Euro Cup, however he gets the results.

Despite similar styles, he’d be a HUGE upgrade from Berhalter. Another name gaining traction…again…is Patrick Vieira. He’s an interesting option imo.
Looked into Vieira. Apparently he was a pretty damn good player, but I'm not seeing anything that would qualify him to be the new USMNT coach, especially at such a pivitol moment.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT