ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Any new places to eat in ELP?

Ive been living in San Antonio for two years now. There seems to be a Bill Miller’s on almost every corner. GARBAGE! I’d rather have Rudy’s or Dickey’s ijs.

Bill Millers was created in San Antonio. I think Bill Millers is great.

Ive been living in San Antonio for two years now. There seems to be a Bill Miller’s on almost every corner. GARBAGE! I’d rather have Rudy’s or Dickey’s ijs.
Agree, now their fried chicken is fire but that BBQ is garbage.

The George Dieter location has been open for over 10 years and I have no complaints. :)
Never made it out there. I no longer live in El Paso, and when I visit, I'm on the west side, so George Dieter is just about the longest possible trek for a Chico's fix.

What's the reason they won't open one on the west side? Without a doubt, a west side location would clean up, but it seems to be an elitist east side thing.

At least Charcoaler is rising from the grave.

Never made it out there. I no longer live in El Paso, and when I visit, I'm on the west side, so George Dieter is just about the longest possible trek for a Chico's fix.

What's the reason they won't open one on the west side? Without a doubt, a west side location would clean up, but it seems to be an elitist east side thing.

At least Charcoaler is rising from the grave.

My guess is they feel they don't need to and they know people will drive to the other locations. They are the only business that I go to that doesn't accept credit cards. They know people will still come so they save by not paying credit card fees.

Agree, now their fried chicken is fire but that BBQ is garbage.

It’s alright. Every time I’ve gotten their fried chicken it’s never cooked thru, batter isn’t completely fried and have to finish it off in the oven. Have tried several locations in NW SA, all the same.

A hidden gem is Namu's. It doesn't look like much from the outside because it's in a strip mall, But the Korean food is amazing and the owners are super cool. They even bought me and my wife a shot while we were eating. The ramen is off menu, but it's probably the best Korean I've had.

Oh, they also have some bar food there too like wings and nachos in addition to the Korean food, so there's something for everyone there

Kal-Bi House on Dyer still the best Korean food in EP. 20+years and still around.

Orange Cow burgers in front of Franklin HS has some damn good burgers. Melty cheese and all. They have their own version of mac sauce and it's great.

Has anyone made it out to Desert Oak BBQ on the east side yet? Y'all are missing out I promise, they're open Wednesday - Saturday. They got massive beef ribs on Saturday's only. It's a must try.

Good competitive, flavor full, meaty BBQ is finally arriving in El Paso. With the massive intake of Fort Bliss soldiers everyone wants a good rib joint now.

Cooper's BBQ in Junction, TX is good but a tad pricey. Glad I don't have to got that far. But, The Rib Hut near UTEP is #1 in my heart.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT