ADVERTISEMENT

OT: California Style Taco Shop

MinerManiac

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
Is anyone else here familiar with, and love, the California style taco shop? The type that are famous for carne asada burritos, California burritos (carne asada, French fries, and cheese), carne asada fries, fish tacos, surf and turf burritos (steak and shrimp), rolled tacos with guacamole and cheese, etc. If so, my son just found one on the east side of El Paso: Rivas Taco Shop, at 1342 N. Zaragoza (yeah, I know, it doesn't end in "-berto's", but it's still legit). The original Rivas is in San Diego, this one is owned by the same family. I strongly suggest that you check it out.

Please note that I have no affiliation with this restaurant. I just fell in love with California burritos when I lived in San Diego for 14 years, and love that I can now get my fix locally, rather than having to travel back west. Now if only I could satisfy my double-double animal style craving locally ...

Reactions: jdubb66
The last time I was in San Diego I stopped at Lucha Libre and the burritos were amazing. I learned about this place when I saw it featured on Man vs Food. Let me tell you, the food was delicious! I wlll be back in SD next month and I plan to stop there again.

I will also check out Rivas in EP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT